IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any other reports of DV or other calls associated with that address?

I wonder if CPS has ever been called, maybe not.

I feel bad to say anything about this mom if she has been abused and is mentally disabled and did not harm her baby. But still it seems like she is possibly being purposefully deceptive, perhaps even on drugs.

Whatever the case, I’m not sure she is, looking for the right word, “______” to be properly caring for a baby?

ETA: perhaps the words for the blank are “mentally well enough?”

Last edited:
Could she maybe be afraid of this man or retaliation?

Another thing I’m wondering is if anyone else was around, perhaps as a witness. If there is meth/drug usage, often there are unsavory sorts coming and going.

Was there a drug party (or something else) at the motel 6? At the house?

The things that keep you up at night.

Last edited:
From above:

“"I'm worried. I'm shook up. I'm nervous. I'm scared to begin to know what’s wrong with her, if anything is wrong with her," said Robertson.

What the heck does this mean, “what’s wrong with her, if anything’s wrong with her...”

I guess this is supposed to mean she’s worried about the state of Amiah, but still this seems like such awkward language, moo.
Quote snipped by me. I’m not sure if she said this before or after LE stating Amiah is likely in need of medical assistance, but if it was after, it makes sense that she’s worrying why they would say that.

MOO

Could she maybe be afraid of this man or retaliation?

Another thing I’m wondering is if anyone else was around, perhaps as a witness. If there is meth/drug usage, often there are unsavory sorts coming and going.

Was there a drug party (or something else) at the motel 6? At the house?

The things that keep you up at night.
I would bet she’s very afraid of him as he allegedly gave her the black eye she’s sporting and hit her with his car.

I’m still trying to understand what kind of date goes on a at a motel??!

Last edited:
Quote snipped by me. I’m not sure if she said this before or after LE stating Amiah is likely in need of medical assistance, but if it was after, it makes sense that she’s worrying why they would say that.

MOO

Jumping off this post, could she be in denial or actually really be thinking/hoping that Amiah is safe somewhere? My initial impressions were that she DOES know what happened to her baby, but maybe that’s not the case? Maybe she can not fathom at this moment the possibility that her baby is dead at the hands of the ex bf? Idk...not sure I believe this.

Jumping off this post, could she be in denial or actually really be thinking/hoping that Amiah is safe somewhere? My initial impressions were that she DOES know what happened to her baby, but maybe that’s not the case? Maybe she can not fathom at this moment the possibility that her baby is dead at the hands of the ex bf? Idk...not sure I believe this.
I’m not sure what I believe honestly. Something is obviously very off with Amber, but whether it be guilt, intellectual disabilities, drugs, or brain trauma from her recent head injury, or likely, a combination of a few, I don’t know.

I would bet she’s very afraid of him as he allegedly gave her the black eye she’s sporting and hit her with his car.

(DBM)

Sorry, My attempt at levity did not feel right in lieu of this ongoing tragedy.

I do however question the 'date', if the mom was so terrified of the bf.

Why was Motel6 okay, but going to meet him to retrieve her precious baby was not okay? SMH Sigh.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what I believe honestly. Something is obviously very off with Amber, but whether it be guilt, intellectual disabilities, drugs, or brain trauma from her recent head injury, or likely, a combination of a few, I don’t know.

I feel the same way. This case seems somewhat “unique” in this aspect, especially considering her recent beating/injury. I can’t say I recall ever considering a head injury, recent domestic assault and/or mental disability as opposed to direct deception during a mother’s plea.

Last edited:

I don't know if it's considered a date and I'm not saying this is the case here but:

It is a common practice for people involved in selling/using drugs to rent rooms at motels. The people selling are living an extremely transient lifestyle, they rent a room, sell their 'drug of choice' stash ,party for a few days then move on.

JMO

just going off what my gut tells me, this woman is terrified (and on drugs). not saying she could not have killed her kid, bc unfortunately we see that daily here. i have a feeling she will end up being a part of the murder, at least the aftermath, but i get the sense she was more than just "partying" at the motel 6, and perhaps she is a victim here, too. i'll eat my words if it turns out she helped murder her own baby, but i'm just not sure she is necessarily "evil" in this particular case. i do not get that vibe. i think mom might be extremely traumatized and any abuse that might (or might not) be taking place could run deeper than what we know so far. maybe i'm just too damn sensitive. MOO. (please delete if this speculation is not allowed. i'm still unsure of how far we are allowed to go with our opinions on ws).

Last edited:
I hate to make my introduction like this but here it goes. I live just south of Indianapolis. I see people like the mother all the time. They have that dead eye look. From interacting with them I can tell you that it's usually low IQ or drugs, or both. It's incredibly difficult to hold a conversation with them. Most conversation revolves around themselves and their family. If it involves critical thinking skills or a wordsmith you will not find it. It's simply not there.

I hate to make my introduction like this but here it goes. I live just south of Indianapolis. I see people like the mother all the time. They have that dead eye look. From interacting with them I can tell you that it's usually low IQ or drugs, or both. It's incredibly difficult to hold a conversation with them. Most conversation revolves around themselves and their family. If it involves critical thinking skills or a wordsmith you will not find it. It's simply not there.
I have to say I agree. And she’s young - only 19, according to the reporter. Frankly, I don’t think she’s capable of manipulating LE. She would be a prime candidate to be abused and addicted. I feel that she’s a sad statistic, just like her poor daughter. So heartbreaking.

(DBM)

Sorry, My attempt at levity did not feel right in lieu of this ongoing tragedy.

I do however question the 'date', if the mom was so terrified of the bf.

Why was Motel6 okay, but going to meet him to retrieve her precious baby was not okay? SMH Sigh.

In fairness, if reports are true, he beat her and hit her with his car AFTER the Motel 6 date. It's possible she had no reason to fear him prior to Saturday.
That said - mom has a lot more ability to defend herself than her baby does, and I truly can't imagine not being willing to face that fear if it meant I had my girl back with me, safe and sound.
I'm not smelling 99% of what's cooking here, but there is typically some truth found within a bunch of lies, so I am trying to keep an open mind.

I don't feel the mother is intellectually capable of purposefully holding back any information from the police. To me, she seems to have suffered severe abuse as a child... that or a brain injury. At any rate, she should not be trusted to care for herself, let alone a baby! It's inconceivable that no one has stepped in to care for this baby or had the proper authorities look into her and her child's home life! This tragedy never had to happen!

In fairness, if reports are true, he beat her and hit her with his car AFTER the Motel 6 date. It's possible she had no reason to fear him prior to Saturday.
That said - mom has a lot more ability to defend herself than her baby does, and I truly can't imagine not being willing to face that fear if it meant I had my girl back with me, safe and sound.
I'm not smelling 99% of what's cooking here, but there is typically some truth found within a bunch of lies, so I am trying to keep an open mind.
I'm agreeing with you Kadoober, there is absolutely NO WAY that I would not go wherever or with whomever to get her. I just don't feel that would be humanly possible for me if I had a missing daughter.

There are obvious signs of physical abuse to the mom and it sounds like there may have been drug use involved. I fear that they will find this baby deceased when they do locate her. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie