IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holmes Avenue house is where the babysitter lives?
What about where the mother lives? Has that house been searched?

The more I read, the more confusing this becomes. Good to know that I'm not the only one!

In one of the articles posted here a neighbor said that she saw mom come out of the house* holding the lightly dressed baby out in front of her, away from the warmth she would have given to Amiah by snuggling her, and walking swiftly down the street. Why was she holding the baby away from her, was there something on Amiah that mom didn't want to get on herself? Where was she taking Amiah then? I believe it was 9 pm.

*house = I am not sure which house. The babysitter's house, or where Amber is living currently.

I think that Amber is afraid that her boyfriend is going to kill her, and imo it sounds like he might be capable of it. We all know from reading on WS
that when a woman tries to leave a man, that is the most dangerous time for the woman. And if she is trying to get back with the boy's daddy then she is trying to leave bf. If he hit her with a car, I don't blame her for being afraid.

This is a total MESS!

I was a pediatric nurse for 20 years. This child is "off" the growth chart. As in 0%!!!
With a length of 23 inches and a weight of 13# at 8 months!!!!
In my office, she would have been seen as failure to thrive. Blood work would have been done, she would have been referred by the Dr. to a nutritionist, seen for weekly weight checks and then be referred to social services if her growth didn't improve.
Here is the CDC calculator for infant weight and length. There is an explanation below of how to read the chart.
Children Growth Chart Calculator - Stature For Age Percentile

I was running that out of curiosity. I wonder if she was a preemie?

The more I read, the more confusing this becomes. Good to know that I'm not the only one!

In one of the articles posted here a neighbor said that she saw mom come out of the house* holding the lightly dressed baby out in front of her, away from the warmth she would have given to Amiah by snuggling her, and walking swiftly down the street. Why was she holding the baby away from her, was there something on Amiah that mom didn't want to get on herself? Where was she taking Amiah then? I believe it was 9 pm.

*house = I am not sure which house. The babysitter's house, or where Amber is living currently.

I think that Amber is afraid that her boyfriend is going to kill her, and imo it sounds like he might be capable of it. We all know from reading on WS
that when a woman tries to leave a man, that is the most dangerous time for the woman. And if she is trying to get back with the boy's daddy then she is trying to leave bf. If he hit her with a car, I don't blame her for being afraid.

This is a total MESS!

In most cases I've followed here on Websleuths, there's been at least one eyewitness with detailed plausible-sounding information that turned out to be totally irrelevant. Either it was about something else, or an incident that happened a different time or to a different person, or it was exaggerated for effect, or in a few cases completely made up. The main thing they have in common is talking a lot to the press.

I'm not saying this neighbor is wrong, but I'm taking it with a generous sprinkle of salt.

Something definitely is not adding up here. I may be wrong, but I am another one who doesn't think the mom is directly involved. I think mom definitely has some sort of learning disability and/or drug use. I don't think she should have been responsible for caring for ANY children, but as far as willfully harming her baby...I just don't see it. In most threads I always hope my feelings are wrong...but I hope I'm right on this one (at least when it comes to the mom). And I hope the baby is safe somewhere. Unfortunately, that is something I'm not so sure of.

The picture of her kissing the baby is telling as far as body language. She can't even look at the child, her eyes are looking away. This is not going to end well. I think she knows very well what happened to the baby and is just trying to cover it up IMO.

You could well be right about all you've said, but I don't read a lot into that photo. It looks like she's taking a selfie and a lot of folks do that, where they're looking at the camera instead of the one they're giving a kiss to.

I pray they find this baby safe. Another case that so far I do not like the looks of.

After reading the entire thread, I am torn on what I think as to the involvement and on what level of the mother. I guess we do not know enough yet to be sure.

The only thing I know for sure is the circumstances and length of time missing do not bode well for this child. However, I hope I am wrong.

jmo.

I understand why its inconceivable to believe Mother's live among us that for whatever reason be it mental capacity, drug addictions or just plain selfishness and triflingness would harm their children. But there are and they do. All day long.

Reading this morning I recalled my pediatrician fondly. :)
There is no way no how he wouldn't have notified authorities if any of his patients were not being properly cared for. The same applies here.

Playing the blame game sounds earily familiar to the Florida matter not that long ago. Lawyered up comes to mind as well. :rolleyes:

So yes again I say one does not simply loose or misplace a baby.
JMHO.

Last edited:
I have not read everything nor watched any interview.
This is based simply on the condition of the baby prior to missing. Her size in particular.
Mom may not have anything to do with her missing but clearly this little girl was not being taken care of properly.
If she is safe somewhere I pray she is being taken care of.

As far as the size of the baby, maybe I'm not seeing all the pics. I do not do drugs or anything that would've been harmful to my babies (a cup of coffee now and then, but that's it). Both of my kids were small. And 1 was 4 weeks early and the other 5 weeks early. Just by looking at the pics I'm seeing, I don't think the baby looks malnourished. Like I said, maybe I'm not seeing all of them. I'm thinking the mom, obviously not being the brightest bulb, maybe has no clue as to the weight of her baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998