ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there would be limited staff as to whom is allowed to read records. Whoever did the intake would perhaps know the kegalities.

I doubt that talking about another mother would raise any alarms. I imagine many of the kids in that home have a complkcate family history

The intakes are usually done by the director and/or therapist that will be assigned to the child. They can also involve the rest of the clinical team though. So yes, they should know all the legalities. Where I worked, all residential staff had access to the resident's big file if they wanted to go read specific details. Most didn't due to time constraints (most of these files were very thick) or not wanting or needing to know all the gritty, very specific details of what the client experienced. It is one thing to know our kids were abused but a completely different thing to read all the specifics. Most of the info is irrelevant to a residential staff since we don't do therapy, creat treatment plans, deter progress and such. Residential staff did get a summary with condensed but all the relevant info when a child was admitted. That was usually all the info we needed.

Each resident has approved contacts, a form with contact info, family history, etc that is mandatory for staff to read so that is why I said it would likely be brought up. Most of kids in treatment facilities do have complicated histories but those histories often play into the client's issues and behaviors. If Serenity brought DG up in therapy, the therapist would likely do research as to who that was if they didn't know. I can't imagine DG being absent from Serenity's life not being brought up in therapy by Serenity. I know many cases where the therapist or the child's worker researched to find who their clients were talking about if the didn't know. Especially, if they thought it might be beneficial for the child to have contact with that person.

Where I worked (similar type treatment program), residential staff would tell the therapist or ask info about people not on their contact lists if a resident kept brought them up. Many of these kids share a lot about their lives so even if she just said she missed DG, that would be something staff pointed out to her therapist and especially if Serenity was struggling with it. We sent notes all the time to therapists about that type of stuff. Staff is there to help the clients with daily life skills and all of that but we weren't the resident's therapists so while we would help the kids work through issues, we would also follow the therapist's guidelines on those types of issues.

I probably should have explained better.

Just checking in. No searches still? Nor news?

Continued prayers.
I don't follow on SM, so I don't know if there's any news there. The only thing I'm aware of is the upcoming search on March 24 initiated by Senator DiSanto.
MOO

Yes, the Sunday search is anticipated.

I'm not sure how much melting, if any, will allow them to safely scour the fields & woods. We shall see, universe willing.

Yes, the Sunday search is anticipated.

I'm not sure how much melting, if any, will allow them to safely scour the fields & woods. We shall see, universe willing.
Currently in the mid-5os there and bright and sunny. More of the same tomorrow, perhaps even a touch warmer. Should be sufficient, I think, to melt most or all of the remaining snow. Most of the precipitation between Friday night and Sunday will be in the form of rain, not snow, according to the forecast. Sunday looks to be cooler with a mix of rain and snow, but no measurable snow until later that night, and then only a little. But the wet conditions aren't ideal for their search.

Here's another report of the resumption of search efforts for Serenity:

Search efforts to find Serenity Dennard resume

Official recovery efforts for missing Serenity Dennard will resume Saturday, March 30, according to a release from the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office.

Serenity ran away from the Black Hills Children’s Home Feb. 3 and hasn’t been seen since. The initial search for 9-year-old Serenity went on for several weeks before weather forced a halt of the active search.

“The weather conditions have now improved enough for the K-9 teams, ground searchers and air support to be most effective in searching the area. However, as we stated previously, the ground search for Serenity is just one aspect to this investigation,” according to the sheriff’s office release.

The new search efforts will be on a large scale, involving most of the agencies in the previous searches, including about seven K-9 teams. “At this time, we have the number of searchers needed and are not requesting additional volunteers,” the release stated.​

Wonderful news! So, there will be searches Saturday AND Sunday. :)

[...]

The search will involve at least seven dogs and many of the agencies that previously assisted, the sheriff's office said in a news release.

[...]

If the weather turns bad on Saturday, the search will be rescheduled to April 6 or 7. A search organized by state Sen. Lynne DiSanto is planned for March 24, the day after the sheriff office's search.

[...]

[...]

The search will involve at least seven dogs and many of the agencies that previously assisted, the sheriff's office said in a news release.

[...]

If the weather turns bad on Saturday, the search will be rescheduled to April 6 or 7. A search organized by state Sen. Lynne DiSanto is planned for March 24, the day after the sheriff office's search.

[...]
Actually, the Sheriff's search is scheduled for March 30th, 6 days after the one organized by Lynne DiSanto, rather than this Saturday. From that article you cited:

The March 30 search will involve at least seven dogs and many of the agencies that previously assisted, the sheriff's office said in a news release. Sheriff Kevin Thom said a helicopter will be used and a plane may be brought in as well. If the weather turns bad on March 30, the search will be rescheduled to April 6 or 7.​

[...]

[...]

[...]

The sheriffs search will be the following Saturday, the 30th. Lynn's is this coming Sunday, the 24th.

I don't follow on SM, so I don't know if there's any news there. The only thing I'm aware of is the upcoming search on March 24 initiated by Senator DiSanto.
MOO

That is the only one I have heard of as well. Searching cannot come soon enough. imo.

ETA: After posting this, I see there will also be a sheriff's search.

Actually, the Sheriff's search is scheduled for March 30th, 6 days after the one organized by Lynne DiSanto, rather than this Saturday. From that article you cited:

The March 30 search will involve at least seven dogs and many of the agencies that previously assisted, the sheriff's office said in a news release. Sheriff Kevin Thom said a helicopter will be used and a plane may be brought in as well. If the weather turns bad on March 30, the search will be rescheduled to April 6 or 7.​
Thanks for the update and also wanted to say I love your screen name. My inlaws rescue and foster for a Schipperke dog rescue group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd