IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
"They searched the mother's home Tuesday"

Police searching for missing 8-month-old girl in Indiana

"the boyfriend was a little upset with her for getting back together with the baby's father." Police use search warrant at home where missing 8-month-old was last seen

????
"Amiah is a white female with blond hair and blue eyes. She weighs about 13 pounds She is believed to be in extreme danger and may require medical assistance."

Police use search warrant at home where missing 8-month-old was last seen

"Amiah is 16 pounds, and she has dark black hair and hazel eyes."
Mother of missing 8-month-old in Indiana says she last saw her daughter while staying at a motel

As far as the size of the baby, maybe I'm not seeing all the pics. I do not do drugs or anything that would've been harmful to my babies (a cup of coffee now and then, but that's it). Both of my kids were small. And 1 was 4 weeks early and the other 5 weeks early. Just by looking at the pics I'm seeing, I don't think the baby looks malnourished. Like I said, maybe I'm not seeing all of them. I'm thinking the mom, obviously not being the brightest bulb, maybe has no clue as to the weight of her baby.

I had the same thought. My granddaughter is tiny. And perfectly healthy.

As far as the size of the baby, maybe I'm not seeing all the pics. I do not do drugs or anything that would've been harmful to my babies (a cup of coffee now and then, but that's it). Both of my kids were small. And 1 was 4 weeks early and the other 5 weeks early. Just by looking at the pics I'm seeing, I don't think the baby looks malnourished. Like I said, maybe I'm not seeing all of them. I'm thinking the mom, obviously not being the brightest bulb, maybe has no clue as to the weight of her baby.

Mzufall,

My situation mirrored yours in terms of taking good care of myself and still having a small child. I have only one child, a daughter. My current avatar is a picture of her at 14 weeks old. She was 3 weeks early and weighed a little more than 6 pounds at birth, 24 years ago.

My husband and I are on the short side (5'9 and 5'3). I fed my daughter as much as she would take, but I was never able to get as much milk into her as the pediatrician wanted. It was a source of constant stress to me until a visit we had with a pediatrician at Children's Hospital in Cincinnati. I wanted a second opinion on her growth. He said she's exactly where she should be. He pointed at my husband and me and said, "You're both on the small side and so is your daughter." That was such a relief to me.

Gngr-snap, the pediatric nurse, wrote, "Those charts are designed to compare a baby's growth to itself. As long as they are following their curve all is well. It is when they are <1% or >100% that a doctor will get worried. Typically a child doubles their birth weight by 6 months and tripled it by 12 months."

That was exactly the advice given to us by the pediatrician at Children's Hospital. As long as the child is continuing along their growth curve, all is well.

When the child starts precipitously falling below their curve, there may be neglect and/or a failure to thrive situation.

Amiah's body looks normal to me. I'm more concerned by the baby's withdrawn and emotionally flat expressions in the photos we've seen.

Mzufall,

My situation mirrored yours in terms of taking good care of myself and still having a small child. I have only one child, a daughter. My current avatar is a picture of her at 14 weeks old. She was 3 weeks early and weighed a little more than 6 pounds at birth, 24 years ago.

My husband and I are on the short side (5'9 and 5'3). I fed my daughter as much as she would take, but I was never able to get as much milk into her as the pediatrician wanted. It was a source of constant stress to me until a visit we had with a pediatrician at Children's Hospital in Cincinnati. I wanted a second opinion on her growth. He said she's exactly where she should be. He pointed at my husband and me and said, "You're both on the small side and so is your daughter." That was such a relief to me.

Gngr-snap, the pediatric nurse, wrote, "Those charts are designed to compare a baby's growth to itself. As long as they are following their curve all is well. It is when they are <1% or >100% that a doctor will get worried. Typically a child doubles their birth weight by 6 months and tripled it by 12 months."

That was exactly the advice given to us by the pediatrician at Children's Hospital. As long as the child is continuing along their growth curve, all is well.

When the child starts precipitously falling below their curve, there may be neglect and/or a failure to thrive situation.

Amiah's body looks normal to me. I'm more concerned by the baby's withdrawn and emotionally flat expressions in the photos we've seen.

I've hot to be honest, I dont think I have seen a recent photo of the baby...
Even my 1# 13 oz and 13 inch preemie looked older than she does at 8 months!
At 9 months my baby was 15# 10 oz and 26 1/2inches.
So, IF the baby was a micro preemie, then her size is normal.
I think if she was born that early, we would have heard about it by now.
This little brother the mom keeps mentioning, is he her child? Do we know?
I saw a photo of both children, he looks to be a couple years older.
Photo here:
Moo

Last edited:
I think AR has just used the length and weight from the last health check, whether that was four months or six months. It could have been a six-month check as I wouldn't say Amiah looked like an 8-pounder at birth, more like five to six pounds. I don't think Amiah looks very chubby around the middle, arms, and legs, but neither does she look like she's enormously underweight. I think Amiah looks a lot like a baby that's left in a chair or crib for hours a day without much human contact, playing and talking with her. But I think AR knows how to do the basics of keeping a baby alive, she knows to give baby some infant tylenol if she has a cold, she can tell when the baby is teething.

There are photos of Amiah where her hair looks dark and blackish, but in the photo where she's being held by AR Amiah's hair does look brown.

Okay, AR might not have the largest vocabulary in the world, but she knows the difference between words like "nervous" and "terrified". A child doesn't have to be very old to be able to attempt deception, and if AR is scared, I believe she has sufficient cognitive skills to attempt deception. Her words strongly suggest she's holding back and not telling the whole truth about what she knows about the baby's disappearance, imho of course.

I think being 19 (if that's correct), two little children, feeling a need to have a boyfriend, not sure which one. The complexities of when the boyfriend isn't the father of the child(ren), maybe the boyfriends in her life are also young and immature, maybe there's drug use going on in the people she 'associates' with. I think she comes across as quite a sensitive girl. But I think something has happened that she can't mentally cope with and she's scared that the truth will be discovered.

One of the videos from last night said that the media organization (can't remember which one) had reached out to AR's family to try to get in touch with AR and the family said that AR had been taken to the police station for some more questioning. I think that was also around the time the articles started saying that AR had got a lawyer. I second the thought that I hope LE has had a doctor check her over prior to questioning in case she needs a trip to the ER. I hope LE will question her carefully and try to give her the confidence to tell *everything* about what happened. It seems to be weighing on her a lot, and I hope that's a good sign that she's ready to talk.

I've hot to be honest, I dont think I have seen a recent photo of the baby...
Even my 1# 13 oz and 13 inch preemie looked older than she does at 8 months!
At 9 months my baby was 15# 10 oz and 26 1/2inches.
So, IF the baby was a micro preemie, then her size is normal.
I think if she was born that early, we would have heard about it by now.
This little brother the mom keeps mentioning, is he her child? Do we know?
I saw a photo of both children, he looks to be a couple years older.
Photo here:
Moo

could it be that the dad of the child has another child with a different mom that was born after amiah was, and amber has him/takes care of him/stays in contact with the mom? that's the only way she has a little brother. right? (please forgive my math if this is incorrect, i have the flu. the brain fog is thick. lol.) she seems way too young and immature for this to be a possibility tho. i'm not even sure i've heard her age. they both (mom and supposed dad) look like they could be 13. this is terribly confusing and terrible.

could it be that the dad of the child has another child with a different mom that was born after amiah was, and amber has him/takes care of him/stays in contact with the mom? that's the only way she has a little brother. right? (please forgive my math if this is incorrect, i have the flu. the brain fog is thick. lol.) she seems way too young and immature for this to be a possibility tho. i'm not even sure i've heard her age. they both (mom and supposed dad) look like they could be 13. this is terribly confusing and terrible.

Didn't she say he asks about her, though? He'd have to be a child prodigy to be younger than 8 months and asking about her.

Last edited:
She went to Motel 6 with an ex boyfriend?

And this is the guy that took her baby to the babysitter? Why wouldn’t she go with him?
It’s not making sense.
This is hard to follow!!
IMO
She went to Motel 6 with her ex boyfriend (the baby's bio daddy)
Her current boyfriend (the one arrested) was supposed to pick the baby up.
Then he realized that he was now the ex boyfriend and tried to run her over with a car.
The man in jail said he would show her where her baby was if she went with him alone. (He said this before he was arrested)
Meaning bio dad couldn't come with them.
Yeah, I think he harmed the baby! He harmed AR. I think AR knew he would kill her if she was alone with him to go see where her daughter was.
Moo
Edited: trying to make sense of her statement

Am I the only one or do you have a bit of deja vu? Mom's statement reminds me of Chris Watts interview.

I pray your wrong.

Praying this sweet baby girl is found safe.
So many loving couple's would open their hearts and homes for this precious girl.

Yesterday,waiting at traffic light waiting. I notice sitting down at the curb, a young lady holding a cardboard sign asking for money. She looked to be pregnant and six months along and in all probability a drug addict.
Spoke with her briefly about the help she could receive. Unfortunately the light turned.
Drove to the police dept., requesting a police officer do a welfare check on her.
I hope she receives proper care needed.

I pray your wrong.

Praying this sweet baby girl is found safe.
So many loving couple's would open their hearts and homes for this precious girl.

Yesterday,waiting at traffic light waiting. I notice sitting down at the curb, a young lady holding a cardboard sign asking for money. She looked to be pregnant and six months along and in all probability a drug addict.
Spoke with her briefly about the help she could receive. Unfortunately the light turned.
Drove to the police dept., requesting a police officer do a welfare check on her.
I hope she receives proper care needed.
That was very kind of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members