PA PA - Marise Chiverella, 9, Hazleton, 18 March 1964

January 12 2018
http://www.pahomepage.com/news/cold...-at-the-murder-of-marise-chiverella/910836808
[h=1]Cold Case: Investigators taking a closer look at the murder of Marise Chiverella[/h] [h=2]The crime happened in 1964.[/h]

Although it happened 54 years ago, people are still talking about the case. Her killer was never found. Now, the cold case mystery is getting another look.
"With today's technology and forensic science and the old evidence that is there is, it's a matter of what we do have and a fresh set of eyes," he said. "Perhaps we would put closure to the case once and for all."

Speziale says the passage of five and a half decades does not diminish the pursuit of justice.

"Whether that person is alive or that person is dead, we have a responsibility to look at it with a fresh set of eyes with today's technology, and maybe we can get some closure for the family," he said.
They pursued leads that the killer may have been connected to a church group from the Philadelphia area that had been in Hazleton the night before Chiverella was murdered. A year later, a young girl from that same group was found murdered in the church near Philadelphia.
rbbm.

Thanks, hoping the perp is caught soon and is nervously waiting for that knock on the door.
from link..rbbm
"Now, police say new technology from Parabon Nanolabs outside of Washington, D.C. used the DNA samples to create snapshots of facial characteristics.

The profile composites, about 85 percent accurate, show the possible killer at age 25, 40 and 60. They are DNA phenotypes taken from bodily fluids found on Chiverella's body back in 1864.

The analysis found the suspect had fair to light-tanned skin, hazel or green eyes and brown hair. He's from southern Europe or of Middle Eastern descent, officials said. His background is most likely Italian or Greek, state police said."

D2HFrDtWsAEVKRO.jpg:large

Italians make up 1/3 of the population today. Probably more back then with a population of around 30.000. I have a feeling this man was there all along but either he wasn't considered a suspect or he was questioned but relrased withoit enough evidence. I think we soon find his identity.

Family of Hazleton girl killed 55 years ago waits for justice
Composite pictures of the suspect were drawn up by Parabon NanoLabs in Reston, Virginia, by a process called phenotyping. The lab was able to draw the suspect’s face based on his DNA using new technology.

It was the first time the family was able to look Marise’s potential killer in the eyes.

It was also one step closer to naming him.

At first glance Marise’s four siblings focused in on the composite age progressions, questioning if they recognized the man.

Though they found some recognizable characteristics, there was nothing strong enough to lead police to the suspect. State police Lt. Devon Brutosky, who’s stationed at the Hazleton barracks, said some leads came in since the composites were released but nothing concrete has been developed.

For now, the siblings hope someone in the public can name the suspect. They and law enforcement also hope the technology can benefit other families of cold case victims.

I can't get this case off my mind. I wish and pray that this girl's family can get some peace. I'm wondering if the composite age progressions can be tweaked? Add baldness, bags under eyes, eyebrows bushier pointed downward toward nose, wrinkle in forehead, fatter face and glasses on the 60 yr old sketch. The reason I mention this is. I grew up in the neighborhood of one of the perps mentioned around this case. The 60 yr old sketch would be the closest pic in my mind that I have of the man.

Last edited:
CHIVERELLA-COLD-CASE-3.png

Feb 8 2022 rbbm.
PSP Solve Chiverella Murder After 57 Years | Eyewitness News (pahomepage.com)

''HAZLE TOWNSHIP, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — Pennsylvania State Police will hold a press conference Thursday to reveal more information about how they solved the 57-year-old murder case of Marise Ann Chiverella.''

''According to state police, this case has been investigated annually, and in 2007 investigators began checking the killer’s DNA profile monthly against all new entries into the DNA database.''
''Troopers say through this method, a suspect was found and identified, solving the cold case 57 years later.
More details about the crime will be released at the press conference, to be held at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 10 at the Hazle Township Commons Building, 103 West 27th Street, Hazle Township.''

State police say they’ve identified the killer in a 57-year-old Hazleton cold case. It’s the oldest in Pennsylvania history to be solved with DNA and genealogy

Excerpt from the article:

"Sources said police have identified the killer of 9-year-old Marise Chiverella, who was abducted during her walk to school on March 18, 1964, beaten, strangled and raped.

The accused, however, won’t be prosecuted. He since died and took the motive for the slaying to his grave, according to state police sources.

Nonetheless, his name will be announced during a Thursday press conference, bringing closure to the case after nearly 58 years.

What is known is that he was a lifelong Hazleton resident. He had different addresses over the years, but he lived within six blocks of where Chiverella was last seen the day she was killed, sources divulged.

Also, he was charged with another violent assault against a woman years after Chiverella’s death, sources said. That victim survived."

This case will probably only be the "tip of the iceberg" of cases for which this dirtbag was responsible. I doubt that someone who could commit a crime like this only did it one time.

The killer has been identified as James Paul Forte (July 21, 1941 - May 16, 1980) through genetic genealogy. He was exhumed for confirmation and it was an exact match. The ability of selecting an unrelated person is 1 in 480 septillion.

FLPqE-jUYBIFkUt

Source

Press conference:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member