UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't think it was ever mentioned if his family were in court. We know his mother wasn't but that's it. I'd take it for granted his sister wasn't and since we've heard pretty much nothing from his father I'd probably assume he wasn't either but I might be wrong.
Maybe it was because had no family present in court and because he was technically a minor the judge was wondering if there would be anyone there for him? I'm just guessing though.
Not sure, never heard of it before though.
Yeah, I don't really know why they said that either. Or why they felt the need to mention that, but they didn't mention that they had, had an argument out on the street earlier that night (according to a witness). There are some very odd things in this case.

His father did attend court, I remember reading it in a media article online but I can't remember which one and I doubt I can find it now. Not sure how long he was there and if he stayed the whole week or not. His mother was there briefly to give some statements about AC.

I think the papers just mentioned the *advertiser censored* thing to make the story sound even worse, more of a juicy tidbit for the gossips.

Last edited:
His father did attend court, I remember reading it in a media article online but I can't remember which one and I doubt I can find it now. Not sure how long her was there and if he stayed the whole week or not. His mother was there briefly to give some statements about AC.

I think the papers just mentioned the *advertiser censored* thing to make the story sound even worse, more of a juicy tidbit for the gossips.

Ah okay. That's interesting to know. I remember his mother saying his father "blamed her" for Aaron's arrest, so in a way it makes sense he would be there to support his son, if he didn't even believe he should be arrested in the first place I guess.

Yeah, that's true.

No, which I find odd as well regarding all the rumours. Surely social services would have been contacted? Especially if he was always getting "blamed by the police". If he was a minor and the police kept having to deal with him, surely they - or other islanders who felt threatened by him - would have phoned social services, no? I don't know, maybe I'm thinking too much into it.
No you're not thinking too much into it.
If he had previously been in trouble with the police and carrying knives to school then the police or the school would have had to raise child welfare/protection concerns with social services.
Social services must have been aware of him going by his rumoured history.

Hmm, I tried to look too and everything I've seen are independent advocacy services.

I think they can be called in by LE if required and payment is arranged. It can't be a legal requirement for under 18s. He's done an unspeakable thing but he also needs some level of support to come to terms with it.

Having support is key to rehabilitation.

The timing of those calls actually did the opposite , imo, they helped put him in the frame. If he had intentions of abducting Alesha, calling her dad and Toni would be the last thing he’d have done. I’m certain those calls were genuinely to buy weed. The fact he’d tried to score several times that morning, with no luck sort of proves the point. Jmo though.

I agree he certainly had fantasies about very young girls. If his motive was anger or to hurt Rab/Toni, he’d have simply murdered Alesha, but the rape was a whole other level of depravity, he’s a paedophile sadist . His motive for taking her was sexual but visiting the flat was to score. There is just no way he would have known the key was in the door.

The knife is interesting too, it’s almost a given it was his, what was his use for it ....was it that he always carried a knife with him? Or something else? Did he drop it or throw it away? My guess is he dropped it . May have been one of the things he was looking for on CCTV along with his phone.

Was it actually confirmed that he had tried a few other dealers?,I thought I read that he said he had called another friend to score and this friend denied it?,I could be wrong it's just I distinctly remember tho king at the time it was all part of his smokescreen.
I will have a Google later after I've settled my own 6 yr old into bed and see where I came up with it!

I would still like these rumours confirmed honestly. Not that I don't think he's capable, since we're well aware of the depravity he is capable of, but I would like to know the actual truth of his behaviour prior to the murder and not just sensationalisation or conjecture. It still confuses me at the prospect of someone apparently being a known cat killer, fire starter, trying to drown someone, sexual harassing someone, being by all accounts an all-round violent weirdo and yet still being popular, having a decent friend group, doing well in school, having a girlfriend etc. It doesn't really add up for me.

But I do agree about social media having a huge influence and also about never knowing whether someone is dangerous or not just based on their appearance. They can be harbouring a lot of craziness under a facade. It's scary to think about.

I believe the stories I heard and I don't think it's sensationalised. I live here and there are all sorts of people on Rothesay with all sorts of backstories. A lot of people come here to hide from their past. Look at the amount of paedophiles on this small island. Look at Zanythe being involved in dancing school after her past regarding grooming and filming that young girl....you wouldn't think that would happen here either and have her still active in the community/friends/social life etc...but she did that and is still here living her life and has friends and a boyfriend. It's not really surprising that AC also had friends and a girlfriend on the island.

In the planning application they asked to create an extra bedroom and a bathroom it was refused, so im assuming the bathroom was downstairs. As no one seems to know the true layout Im still stuck on the sleeping down stairs. Im just not convinced she was upstairs and Im not sure why. Its niggling me.

I also think he had the sense to use his sleeve if he turned the yale or maybe the parents /rab had already touched it again before police came which would probably cover his prints if he actually touched the key. Maybe the door wasn't properly closed. I wonder if it was opened when they realised she wasn't there, because I cant see him having the time to close a door properly whilst carrying a child without making a noise.

No you're not thinking too much into it.
If he had previously been in trouble with the police and carrying knives to school then the police or the school would have had to raise child welfare/protection concerns with social services.
Social services must have been aware of him going by his rumoured history.

Yes, that's what I thought too. And there are obviously other rumours too (which I know we can't discuss) which I'd imagine if there are any truth to them then social services would be involved.

Truthfully though, it says he was carrying a knife since 1st year? That's literally 12 years old. I know you can talk about uncontrollable children but I'd either get police involved myself or lock him in his bedroom and tell him he's not going outside again until he learns not to carry a weapon around because that is not normal. You should be able to discipline a pre-teen kid.

I think they can be called in by LE if required and payment is arranged. It can't be a legal requirement for under 18s. He's done an unspeakable thing but he also needs some level of support to come to terms with it.

Having support is key to rehabilitation.

Ah right, yes that would make sense. I do agree but I think there would be a bit of an outrage if more money was spent on him, especially for emotional support.

I very much agree that support is very important for rehabilitation but many people would argue that he is beyond rehabilitation I suppose.

I wonder if we actually will find out anything more about him after sentencing, usually all the info comes out after the guilty verdict, that’s when they released the cctv and pics and stories about him etc. Hopefully any background crimes will come out after tomorrow but going by the police not having his DNA on file he can’t of been arrested for anything serious I’d of thought..

In the planning application they asked to create an extra bedroom and a bathroom it was refused, so im assuming the bathroom was downstairs. As no one seems to know the true layout Im still stuck on the sleeping down stairs. Im just not convinced she was upstairs and Im not sure why. Its niggling me.

I also think he had the sense to use his sleeve if he turned the yale or maybe the parents /rab had already touched it again before police came which would probably cover his prints if he actually touched the key. Maybe the door wasn't properly closed. I wonder if it was opened when they realised she wasn't there, because I cant see him having the time to close a door properly whilst carrying a child without making a noise.

From my memory of that type of door, if the key is still it won't shut properly (go on the latch). So maybe it was as simple as pushing the door open.

Ah okay. That's interesting to know. I remember his mother saying his father "blamed her" for Aaron's arrest, so in a way it makes sense he would be there to support his son, if he didn't even believe he should be arrested in the first place I guess.

Yeah, that's true.
To be honest from what I've heard his father kind of scarpered and didn't want his name damaged by being associated with this whole thing. He left his wife and went off with his new(supposedly..) girlfriend immediately (this was reported in the media). So I am doubtful of how much he is/was supporting AC. He sounded more concerned with his own image. He has managed to keep his own name (except once) out of the papers about this and we only ever really read about his mum.

]Isnt that a horrific thought, heartbreaking . He had nearly an hour with her and what was he doing for the biggest part of that hour? trying to clear up his mess maybe?

I wonder if we actually will find out anything more about him after sentencing, usually all the info comes out after the guilty verdict, that’s when they released the cctv and pics and stories about him etc. Hopefully any background crimes will come out after tomorrow but going by the police not having his DNA on file he can’t of been arrested for anything serious I’d of thought..
the judge's sentencing report can sometimes be really enlightening. I wonder if he will mention any previous incidents (like Georgia saying he could have been stopped sooner).

I hope so. All the ifs and buts are driving me mad.

I believe the stories I heard and I don't think it's sensationalised. I live here and there are all sorts of people on Rothesay with all sorts of backstories. A lot of people come here to hide from their past. Look at the amount of paedophiles on this small island. Look at Zanythe being involved in dancing school after her past regarding grooming and filming that young girl....you wouldn't think that would happen here either and have her still active in the community/friends/social life etc...but she did that and is still here living her life and has friends and a boyfriend. It's not really surprising that AC also had friends and a girlfriend on the island.

Yeah, that does make sense. Quite scary to think about really, isn't it? How people can just integrate and be accepted into a community even though they're known to have done some pretty violent and bad stuff. I suppose a lot of people turn a blind eye and think "well it didn't happen to me or my family" or "that's not the person I know" so it makes it easier I guess. I still don't understand how Zanythe is allowed near children though, especially work with them. That baffles me.

No offence to you and i'm sure most people where you live are decent folk. I don't see it as normal for her to be allowed into a child friendly area in the community where (I assume), everybody knows her for her crimes. But that's just where I come from. I looked at the statistics for paedophiles and found an unusually high number of Rothesay residents convicted for child *advertiser censored* or similar offences. There will be others who haven't been caught. It was above the average for the size of the town. Sorry to ask but are there rumours of a paedophile ring over there?

Yeah, that's true.

I found that interesting, the fact the father blamed the mother for his arrest. He was referring to her phoning the police about the cctv. It came across as if he’d preferred to have covered for him. That’s quite disturbing

No offence to you and i'm sure most people where you live are decent folk. I don't see it as normal for her to be allowed into a child friendly area in the community where (I assume), everybody knows her for her crimes. But that's just where I come from. I looked at the statistics for paedophiles and found an unusually high number of Rothesay residents convicted for child *advertiser censored* and other offences. There will be others who haven't been caught. It was above the average for the size of the town. Sorry to ask but are there rumours of a paedophile ring over there?
I agree with this. It's not normal for a convicted paedophile to carry on and re-integrate back into society.

I found that interesting, the fact the father blamed the mother for his arrest. He was referring to her phoning the police about the cctv. It came across as if he’d preferred to have covered for him. That’s quite disturbing

I thought the same. I hope that was misinterpreted and he didn't think of covering for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304