OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Night Watchman. It's a lot of strange things that don't necessarily add up, and I think the police know more than we do. I don't know the area, so I wasn't aware the woods weren't actually all that close to the hotel. Strange place to take a walk, indeed.

So for a little extra info:
The first two nights he was gone, his wife and my coworkers met up after we got off work (so around 1:30 - 2 am) and went to look for him themselves. Looked around the woods, went to places they'd been that night to see if any employees/bystanders had seen him. They didn't find anything. On the third night the police asked them not to look, as it had been 3 days and so they would begin their investigation. Far be it for me to question the police, but if a person with no tendency to run off and with no apparent resources (money, jacket, cellphone, car) disappears, I wouldn't wait 3 days to begin looking...

In any case, they searched the area, had a helicopter fly over, and investigated the place his phone was last pinged (which was when he called his wife). Certainly they have to know something from security footage at least, if not more. They may just be collecting evidence at this point. A month in, and no sign of him in (what you all seem to be saying is) a fairly safe area, it just doesn't seem all that hopeful. Especially as it sounds (and looks) like he was intending to return. Everyone at work suspects foul play, but we're all trying not to say it aloud, you know what I mean? Gotta try to keep up morale... :(

Missy- you might consider becoming a Verified Insider on Tyler's case. You have posted a lot of great insight that risks getting removed since we are supposed to rely on MSM and LE sources for information. This case may drag out and have some surprises, and you will be close to it all. The VI process is pretty easy-

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Missy- you might consider becoming a Verified Insider on Tyler's case. You have posted a lot of great insight that risks getting removed since we are supposed to rely on MSM and LE sources for information. This case may drag out and have some surprises, and you will be close to it all. The VI process is pretty easy-

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Is that so! My apologies -- didn't realize. I'll look into that, as I've posted all I currently know and it'd be a bummer to have it removed now :p

Question for you Missy, you mentioned the friend went looking for him first but came back empty handed saying it would be fine. Did the friend say he didn’t see Tyler at all? Is there any more info on what the wife meant by he sounded confused? I’m wondering if he has an issue with blood sugar or something that could have made him disoriented since you mentioned he wasn’t super healthy.

I work across the street from the Hilton, I can see it out my office window. I have not the faintest idea what ‘Woods’ he could have been referring to. This area is like downtown Disney springs - it’s like a huge outdoor mall. I’ve never heard of this case which seems like a shame that there wouldn’t be flyers up or something.

I work across the street from the Hilton, I can see it out my office window. I have not the faintest idea what ‘Woods’ he could have been referring to. This area is like downtown Disney springs - it’s like a huge outdoor mall. I’ve never heard of this case which seems like a shame that there wouldn’t be flyers up or something.
I have a business on Morse Road at Cherry Bottom, and someone went around putting flyers on storefront windows sometime last week.

I sent an email about becoming verified :)

Yes, people have been putting flyers up for a bit now. They were up at our work for about a week before the owner made us take them down :L

I don't know if the friend saw him, actually. It seems like an easy assumption to make, but I suppose I never actually asked. I could see if I can find out more if you like. And, I don't know about why Brittany says he sounded confused. I'd never heard that part before I watched that video when it came out on the news :(

But...we are relying on his wife and possibly his friend to verify that he was in the woods (no judgment of them...). Is there any other source that places him in the woods?

exactly. Are we sure he even made it to the hotel? Are we sure he even made it to the strip club? How do we know any of this story is true? Is there CCTV footage that backs this up? There should be. ALSO There are not 'woods' nearby this hotel. It is a patch of trees that- especially- in February in Ohio you can literally SEE THROUGH as your drive by because there are not leaves on the trees. Im would think LE most likely knows what really happened though because there are cameras all over that hotel and all over Easton Town Center. I think the fact that LE aren't saying much says ALOT. I am sorry for the family and I hope I am wrong and Tyler comes home safe and sound. Something about the story sounds off.

exactly. Are we sure he even made it to the hotel? Are we sure he even made it to the strip club? How do we know any of this story is true? Is there CCTV footage that backs this up? There should be. ALSO There are not 'woods' nearby this hotel. It is a patch of trees that- especially- in February in Ohio you can literally SEE THROUGH as your drive by because there are not leaves on the trees. Im would think LE most likely knows what really happened though because there are cameras all over that hotel and all over Easton Town Center. I think the fact that LE aren't saying much says ALOT. I am sorry for the family and I hope I am wrong and Tyler comes home safe and sound. Something about the story sounds off.

Thank you @medea13 for reminding us about the trees being leafless. I rely on google maps street view to learn about an area, and sometimes forget that the satellite view doesn't necessarily reflect the current season.

Welcome! The only woods I can see near the downtown Hilton (Goodale Park) require a trek across an extremely busy interstate interchange. I don't see how he would have gone in that direction. Crossing the interstate would be difficult and risky. Google Maps

He wouldn't have to cross the interstate. The 670 goes through a tunnel. You barely even notice it's there.

(ETA never mind, kept reading and see they were talking about the wrong hotel)

Last edited:
I was just talking about this with my husband and realized that the last time we were up at Easton (we're about an hour and a half away and have family still in the area) was a few days before Tyler would have disappeared. When we were there, there were several construction fences between the Hilton and the "woods" (it's more like a scraggly patch of trees between Easton and the highway) that Tyler would have had to navigate to get to the trees. It wouldn't be impossible but it would have been a rather odd thing to do. If he had somehow taken a blow to the head, as in a mugging (Easton isn't particularly dangerous, but the odd purse snatching or wallet grab does happen) I suppose odd behavior could be possible.

Thank you, yes. I think we can all agree some of the circumstances here are a little odd and suspicious, but we cannot and should not try to imply either his friend or his wife were involved. As far as we know they're just as much victims as any of his other friends and family.

I just hope we get some news soon. It's been a long time since anything new came up, and the not knowing is the worst part.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnipped discussion about facebook information>

On that note, does anyone know where the original video went? The one where she's sitting at that table, and that the tweet/article quotes a lot of, where she talks about how good a dad he is and describes their last phone call. I swear it was in the article linked in the OP, but now I can't find it, just that one where she's talking about passing out flyers. Am I blind?

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like his wife started a Bring Tyler Home FB page, it has a "join" button, but you can see all posts without doing that. Last update was yesterday and she was asking for help on what to do to get help to find him :( She truly sounds heartbroken. Didn't read anything other than what's been said, no additional insight other than she did state cameras around the area were looked at with no luck.

I can't imagine he called someone to pick him up as HOPEFULLY they would have come forward by now.
Could he have been overwhelmed and wanted to disappear for awhile?

I would be curious to know if he's ever taken off walking before like this. Not in not coming back, but was it common for him to get upset and take off to cool off? If yes, then it makes me think something unfortunate happened to him while he was walking (accident, fight that lead to death, passing out somewhere and something happened, getting hit by a car and possibly in a ditch), but then why wouldn't he have been found during the searches? He couldn't have walked that far......

Something still sounds a little off about the story....but......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong