Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old saying the Humber always gives up its own.....

So sad whoever it is.

Unfortunately it doesn't. Someone I used to know (apparently) was seen on the wrong side of the railings of the Humber Bridge but his body was never recovered. This was back in around 1997.

Thankfully in the circumstances (I know that sounds awful) someone is going to get closure.

I hope this is her. Her parents will have some sort of closure. Sadly I can't imagine much evidence would be left.

HDM

Unlikely to be any further updates tonight
It is not thought any further updates will be provided tonight.

The RNLI has also confirmed they were called at 2.30pm to attend reports of a casualty in the water.

HDM

Unlikely to be any further updates tonight
It is not thought any further updates will be provided tonight.

The RNLI has also confirmed they were called at 2.30pm to attend reports of a casualty in the water.

Deleted

Wasn't expecting this news tonight. Always like a punch to the stomach even for us who don't know Libby, her friends and family personally. It always amazes me that these huge areas of water sometimes return people (like Laci and Connor Peterson), I'm so thankful that either Libby's family or another person's can know at last where they are.
It's still possible that a careful post-mortem might be able to find suspicious injuries if they are there. I agree the press seem to get some unofficial hint from the police before they link to a known victim. Whilst clothes often work loose from a body in water over time, it's possible police can see long hair, indicating the person is female. I'm grateful to the person(s) who spotted the body and called police. Must be a very hard thing to see. God bless whoever this person is.

I've just read that bodies in water colder than 7° have remained intact after several weeks, so I feel that there is hope that, if this does turn out to be Libby, there will be sufficient evidence for a further charge.

I know this is horrible news, but I think we all knew that the police were searching for a body. Personally, I wanted her found as soon as possible, so I am hopeful that this is her and that her parents might be spared further torment and the perpetrator brought to justice.

Apparently it can be difficult to tell whether injuries have been inflicted pre- or post-mortem, for bodies which have been in the water for some time.

This is really bringing the lurkers out.
Not necessarily lurkers. I followed Libby's thread from the outset but nothing was breaking and I didn't want to read any more posts about Grey Beard, cobweb cam or car wheels. If this is Libby, I so hope her family get justice. I would hate for them to never know what happened to her, it's just heartbreaking whatever way you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4