PA - Grace Packer, 14, murdered, Abington, 4 July 2016 *Killer died*

“Sara Packer is on the stand in the penalty phase of her ex-boyfriend and co-defendant in the murder and rape of her 14 year-old foster daughter Grace Packer. @KYWNewsradio”
2:08 PM 3/20/19

“Jurors heard about how she worked for Northampton County Children and Youth and Impact Project foster care program.”

“Also heard how there were many sex toys, costumes, etc in the home while those foster kids were there.”

Sara Packer contradicts herself saying she wanted Her daughter to die to go away, and gave her deadly dose of pills. But then claimed she did not want Sullivan to kill her.

“Direct exam is done, cross coming up”

Sara packer said she bought a bow saw ‘for dual purpose,’ to dismember daughters body AND to cut firewood.”

“Judge interrupted and asked Packer if she really intended to cut firewood with the same saw she used to dismember her daughter. Packer said firewood first, then dismemberment.”

“Packer testified she wanted her daughter dead, but also said she went along with Jacob Sullivan’s ‘fantasy’ to kill the 14 year old cos she was afraid if she didn’t she would lose him.”
3:29 PM (all BBM)

All reported by Jim Melwert (@JMelwert) | Twitter

“Sara Packer admits to helping ‘groom’ daughter Grace for Sullivan to have sex w her @69News”
3:28 PM 3/20/19

“Sara Packer ‘I said I can’t help you anymore. This is now your life’ after Jacob Sullivan hit daughter Grace before rape and killing @69News”

“Sara Packer: “Grace had become, for lack of a better word, a non entity...she didn’t exist anymore” @69News”

“Sara Packer ‘I got wrapped up in Jakes fantasy. I didn’t think I could tell him no without losing him’ @69News”

“Sara Packer: it turned my stomach. I couldn’t believe he confessed. I felt betrayed @69News”
3:33 PM

All reported by Jamie Stover (@JamieStoverNews) | Twitter

Last edited:
“Dressed in a red prison jumpsuit, packer appears completely at ease on the stand. Even smiling at times. At one point, she said the bow saw that was used to dismember Grace was actually bought to cut firewood.”
3:29 PM 3/20/19

“Packer also admitted having sex with a foster daughter and her former husband when they lived in Lehigh County in 2009. But she insisted the girl had turned 18 before she got involved in a relationship. Her husband had sex with a girl at an earlier age.”

“Packer admitted that helped David packer convince the girl to have sex with him. ‘I told him to pay attention to her and take her to the movies, things that teenage girls like.’ She said she became involved in the threesome because she was jealous.”
3:32 PM

All reported by LaurieMasonSchroeder (@LehighCourts) | Twitter

Grace Packer ‘didn’t have to die’: Mother admits role in daughter’s murder, dismemberment

After Sullivan moved in with Packer, she said she began grooming him to assault Grace, in the same way she had groomed her ex-husband, David Packer, to assault a child she previously fostered.

By July 2016, Packer said she had “given up” on the teen. For weeks, Packer said she had been secretly putting medication in her daughter’s pudding “to make her compliant, make her groggy." She did so one last time on July 7, she said, before she and Sullivan took Grace from a home they rented in Abington to another rental property near Quakertown.

Packer said her daughter looked to her in the moments before she died.

“I took her hand and told her it was OK to go,” Packer said. “It seemed like it took forever but it was only a couple minutes.”

District Attorney Matthew Weintraub replied: “How do you think it felt for Grace?”

“Probably, like, forever," Packer said.

In an upstairs bathroom, she said, she and Sullivan cut up Grace’s remains, then drove 75 miles to Luzerne County and dumped them in the woods, where they were found by hunters on Halloween.

Even after the body was discovered, Packer said she was “fairly confident” that they’d get away with the crime but had to keep reassuring Sullivan, telling him “everything will be OK.”

Weintraub called Packer “an utter, miserable failure" as a parent and human being.

March 20, 2019, 6:35 PM

“Jacob Sullivan’s lawyers billed Sara Packer as the ‘mastermind’ behind the rape and murder of her 14-year-old adopted daughter, and they said she would admit that in court.

But that’s not what happened.

Wearing a red prison jumpsuit and a slight smirk, Packer took the witness stand during Sullivan’s sentencing hearing in Bucks County Court Wednesday, saying it was Sullivan’s idea to rape her daughter, Grace.

[SBM]

Packer also told the jury that killing Grace was not part of their original plan. She and Sullivan intended to imprison the teen in the attic of their rented Richland Township home ‘for years’ so that Sullivan could rape her whenever he wanted, Packer testified.

‘I think he just panicked,’ she said, about Sullivan strangling the teen hours after the rape. ‘The reality of what he had done set in, and there was no going back. So he decided that it was time for her to die.’

[SBM]

Moments after Packer entered the courtroom, Sullivan dabbed his eyes with a tissue. She looked first at him, then around the room, smiling at times as defense attorney Jack Fagan asked her questions.

Packer told the jury that she ‘hated’ Grace, and had wanted her out of her life for years.

‘She had become a non-entity to me,’ she said.

When Sullivan began the rape by punching Grace in the face, Packer told the jury, her daughter asked her for help.

‘I can’t help you anymore,’ she said she told Grace. ‘This is your life now.’

[SBM]

[Bucks County District Attorney Matthew] Weintraub spoke to jurors Wednesday morning and addressed some of the legal issues that prevented him from seeking the death penalty against Packer.

He said that at the time he made the deal, which required Packer to cooperate with the investigation, prosecutors still did not know the full nature of her involvement in Grace’s death.

To qualify for capital punishment, Weintraub noted, Sara had to physically carry out the murder. The law does not allow for an accomplice to receive the death penalty.

‘I am not permitted to make legal judgments of who should be eligible for the death penalty based on how evil they are,’ Weintraub said.

[SBM]”
Sara Packer: 'I got wrapped up' in Sullivan's rape-murder fantasy

Grace Packer ‘didn’t have to die’: Mother admits role in daughter’s murder, dismemberment

After Sullivan moved in with Packer, she said she began grooming him to assault Grace, in the same way she had groomed her ex-husband, David Packer, to assault a child she previously fostered.

By July 2016, Packer said she had “given up” on the teen. For weeks, Packer said she had been secretly putting medication in her daughter’s pudding “to make her compliant, make her groggy." She did so one last time on July 7, she said, before she and Sullivan took Grace from a home they rented in Abington to another rental property near Quakertown.

Packer said her daughter looked to her in the moments before she died.

“I took her hand and told her it was OK to go,” Packer said. “It seemed like it took forever but it was only a couple minutes.”

District Attorney Matthew Weintraub replied: “How do you think it felt for Grace?”

“Probably, like, forever," Packer said.

In an upstairs bathroom, she said, she and Sullivan cut up Grace’s remains, then drove 75 miles to Luzerne County and dumped them in the woods, where they were found by hunters on Halloween.

Even after the body was discovered, Packer said she was “fairly confident” that they’d get away with the crime but had to keep reassuring Sullivan, telling him “everything will be OK.”

Weintraub called Packer “an utter, miserable failure" as a parent and human being.
This woman is one of the most evil "mothers" I've ever come across. She should be tried for a death penalty and receive no deals, IMO.

As freakishly & grotesquely evil as these two seem to be, I cannot fathom how the world around them did not engage to address the problems. People had to know. How on earth does Albight get a pass? Neighbors? Family? Coworkers? School(s)? Doctors? Landlord(s)? Were they really that good at explaining things away?

This woman is one of the most evil "mothers" I've ever come across. She should be tried for a death penalty and receive no deals, IMO.

I keep reminding myself that she will probably be worse off interacting with inmates that know what she did than she would be on death row. I'm pretty sure all the women on death row in PA are kept out of the general population.

Friday, March 22nd:
*Trial continues (Penalty Phase) (Day 6) (@ 9am ET) - PA - Grace Packer (14) (July 4, 2016, Abington; found Oct. 31, 2016 by hunters) – only for *Jacob Patrick Sullivan (44/now 46) (Bf of amom) arrested (Jan. 2017) indicted on 1st degree murder, rape conspiracy, kidnapping & abuse of corpse (dismemberment). No bond. DA seeks DP. Plead guilty on 2/22/19.
Trial started on 3/14/19. Scheduled to last 2 weeks. Jurors: 6 women & 6 men, alternates: 4 women from Bucks County.
Court hearings for 8/13/18 thru 2/21/19 reference post #757 here:
GUILTY - PA - Grace Packer, 14, murdered, Abington, 4 July 2016 *Arrests*
Jury Selection for 2/22/19 to 3/7/19 reference post #780 here:
Trial Days 1 (3/14/19) thru 3 (3/18/19) reference post #802 here:

3/19/19 Day 4: Videos of Sullivan & Packer arriving at the hospital after their suicide attempt in Dec. 2016. Sullivan arrived by ambulance, clearly incapacitated. Sarah arrived two hours later in Kate Albright's car. Jury listened to several hours of Sullivan hospital bed confession tape. Trial continues on 3/20.
3/20/19 Day 5: State witnesses: Warren Packer (Grace's grandfather). Evelyn Packer (Grace's grandmother). Detective Cindy Pettinato, the Abington detective who began the investigation into Grace's disappearnce, read Josh's victim impact statement. (Josh Packer, Grace's younger brother). Other relatives' victim impact letters read. Sara Packer. No court tomorrow (3/21), resumes Friday 3/22.
*Sara Packer (42/now 44) adopted "mom" arrested (Jan. 2017) & indicted on 1st degree murder, rape conspiracy, kidnapping & abuse of corpse (dismemberment). Plead not guilty. No bond.
2/19/19 will plead guilty. As part of a plea deal, Packer will avoid the death penalty & be sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole. Prosecutors are still seeking the death penalty for Sullivan.

After a one-day hiatus the Jacob Sullivan sentencing resumes today. The defense portion of the case has begun so we’ll start to hear details of Sullivan’s life and upbringing. #GracePacker
6:34 AM 3/22/19

Brief break in the Jacob Sullivan penalty fees [phase]. We are hearing from forensic psychologist Frank Dattilio. He said Sullivan told him that he was sexually assaulted as a child by both a man and a woman together. He later developed “deviant” sexual proclivities.
11:16 AM

The doctor said Sullivan has a “superior“ IQ of 122. Sara Packers IQ is 140.

The doctor said that Sarah packer “brought out the worst in” Sullivan.

He liked her because she was very intelligent and took control of the relationship which was what he wanted “the doctor said

The doctor said Sullivan told him that packer often sedated Grace with medication that had been prescribed for her. Other witnesses told us that Sara gave Grace Benadryl in putting to keep her groggy.

Dattilio said so then was obsessed with three-way sex and his marriage broke up because his wife was not interested in that.

We also heard the statement of a former foster child, the one that David Packer sexually assaulted when he and Sarah lived in Allentown. The woman said she moved in with them when she was 15 and within four months David was sexually assaulting her.

The woman said Sara did not join in on the sex until she was 18 but believed Sarah knew because David would buy her “kinky “clothing and keep it in Sara’s closet.

The woman also said that David pecker [Packer] would tie her up in her room which was right next-door to Sara and David‘s bedroom, and she would yell for hours that she had to go to the bathroom until she wet the bed. She was sure Sara heard this.

While this was happening Sara was fostering children, and working as a caseworker for foster children through The Impact Project in Emmaus and then later for children and youth in NorthHampton County.

Grace Packer was five years old when the woman came to live with the Packers.The former foster child said Sara hated Grace, and once saw her slap Grace in the face, sending her glasses flying.

Grace was always in her room and Sara never paid her attention although Grace wanted Sara’s attention and love the woman said. The woman said she often took Grace to the park because no one else would.

Weintraub is in the midst of cross examination. Dattilio will retake the stand in a few mins.
11:34 AM 3/22/19

Last edited:
We're on lunch break in the Jacob Sullivan sentencing hearing. Bucks DA Matt Weintraub just wrapped up a fiery cross examination of psychologist Frank Dattilio. The doctor admitted that his opinion that Sara Packer "dominated" Sullivan came largely from Sullivan's own words.
1:05 PM 3/22/19

Dattilio conceded that he could [later corrected to “couldn’t” by the reporter] tell if Sullivan - whom he described as highly intelligent- lied to him in order to get a favorable report.

At one point, while Weintraub was quizzing the psychologist about Sullivan's admitted sexual deviance, Sullivan leaned back in his chair and craned his neck to see past his attorney. He stared daggers at Weintraub.

Dattilio diagnosed Sullivan as being under "substantial domination" at the time he raped and murdered 14-year-old Grace Packer. Weintraub pointed out that being substantial dominated is not a recognized mental illness.

Weintraub played snippets of Sullivan's confession tape for Dattilion, in which Sullivan was heard telling detectives that Sara Packer "liked me to be the person in charge of the relationship.

*couldn't tell."
[Re: “Dattilio conceded that he could tell if Sullivan - whom he described as highly intelligent- lied to him in order to get a favorable report.”]

Hearing will resume at 2. Not sure who the next defense witness is.
1:15 PM 3/22/19

(All BBM)

ETA: So far, this hasn’t been a good day for the defense, IMO.

Another brief break in the Jacob Sullivan sentencing hearing. We are in the midst of intense legal wrangling between the judge and defense over a prison expert they called to the stand..
3:48 PM 3/22/19

James Aiken is testifying about prison conditions. He told you or is that a person like Sullivan, who is a relatively older than other inmates and has committed a sex offense against a child would need to be protected.

The judge sent the jury out of the room and asked Sullivan, under oath, if he understood that if this line of testimony continued it opened the door for Weintraub to argue that Sullivan is afraid of having what he did to Grace done to him?

Sullivan said yes and he still wanted the expert to testify. His lawyers were talking frantically amongst them selves, then one lawyer said they would no longer question the expert. Judge said there was a problem since Sullivan said he wanted it.

We are now in a holding pattern while everyone decides what to do. Weintraub said he will definitely question the expert on what the judge said “and more. “
3:52 PM

(All BBM)

Another brief break in the Jacob Sullivan sentencing hearing. We are in the midst of intense legal wrangling between the judge and defense over a prison expert they called to the stand..
3:48 PM 3/22/19

James Aiken is testifying about prison conditions. He told you or is that a person like Sullivan, who is a relatively older than other inmates and has committed a sex offense against a child would need to be protected.

The judge sent the jury out of the room and asked Sullivan, under oath, if he understood that if this line of testimony continued it opened the door for Weintraub to argue that Sullivan is afraid of having what he did to Grace done to him?

Sullivan said yes and he still wanted the expert to testify. His lawyers were talking frantically amongst them selves, then one lawyer said they would no longer question the expert. Judge said there was a problem since Sullivan said he wanted it.

We are now in a holding pattern while everyone decides what to do. Weintraub said he will definitely question the expert on what the judge said “and more. “
3:52 PM

(All BBM)
This guy was an expert witness for 9/11 co-conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui. Pfffft....

James E. Aiken | Revolvy

James Aiken did do some good work with the National Prison Rape Elimination Commission.

I am kind of confused what the point of him testifying is. I could see if the defense was trying to get him the death penalty that it might make sense to call someone like this that might make jurors feel more comfortable with the idea. I don't get the point if they're trying to keep him off death row.

March 20, 2019, 6:35 PM

“Jacob Sullivan’s lawyers billed Sara Packer as the ‘mastermind’ behind the rape and murder of her 14-year-old adopted daughter, and they said she would admit that in court.

But that’s not what happened.

Wearing a red prison jumpsuit and a slight smirk, Packer took the witness stand during Sullivan’s sentencing hearing in Bucks County Court Wednesday, saying it was Sullivan’s idea to rape her daughter, Grace.

[SBM]

Packer also told the jury that killing Grace was not part of their original plan. She and Sullivan intended to imprison the teen in the attic of their rented Richland Township home ‘for years’ so that Sullivan could rape her whenever he wanted, Packer testified.

‘I think he just panicked,’ she said, about Sullivan strangling the teen hours after the rape. ‘The reality of what he had done set in, and there was no going back. So he decided that it was time for her to die.’

[SBM]

Moments after Packer entered the courtroom, Sullivan dabbed his eyes with a tissue. She looked first at him, then around the room, smiling at times as defense attorney Jack Fagan asked her questions.

Packer told the jury that she ‘hated’ Grace, and had wanted her out of her life for years.

‘She had become a non-entity to me,’ she said.

When Sullivan began the rape by punching Grace in the face, Packer told the jury, her daughter asked her for help.

‘I can’t help you anymore,’ she said she told Grace. ‘This is your life now.’

[SBM]

[Bucks County District Attorney Matthew] Weintraub spoke to jurors Wednesday morning and addressed some of the legal issues that prevented him from seeking the death penalty against Packer.

He said that at the time he made the deal, which required Packer to cooperate with the investigation, prosecutors still did not know the full nature of her involvement in Grace’s death.

To qualify for capital punishment, Weintraub noted, Sara had to physically carry out the murder. The law does not allow for an accomplice to receive the death penalty.

‘I am not permitted to make legal judgments of who should be eligible for the death penalty based on how evil they are,’ Weintraub said.

[SBM]”
Sara Packer: 'I got wrapped up' in Sullivan's rape-murder fantasy
If ever there was a time for an “accomplice” to get the death penalty, it would be for this case.

I totally believe she is the mastermind. She apparently convinced two men to rape underage girls. Hell is too good for this thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back