The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bookmaker has slashed odds that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s baby will be a girl.

Meghan, 37, and Prince Harry, 34, are expecting their first child in late April and if a recent flurry of bets is anything to go by, a new princess may be on the way.

Betfair has revealed that a girl for the parents-to-be are now odds-on at 1/2 after being a popular choice with punters.

'Following a significant bet this afternoon we've slashed the odds of the Royal baby being a girl from 10/11 to 1/2 , with a boy now out to 6/4,' said Betfair Spokesperson Katie Baylis.

Could a Princess be on the way? | Daily Mail Online

I don’t think they know and are keeping it as a surprise.

I was really surprised to see his head and chest hair are grey, but his armpit hair is black - does armpit hair not go grey?

I never thought I'd be discussing Prince Charles's armpits, but here I am..

Cagney, I'm still recovering from your inquiry. Honestly, I've never thought about the armpits of any member of the Royal Family :)

According to the Washington Post, "Eyebrow hair was far less likely to turn gray, with underarm hair the least likely, according to this study."

The Queen sees Meghan Markle as her "giggling grandaughter" but views Kate Middleton as her equal, a body language expert has said.

The Duchess of Cambridge joined the Queen on their first joint outing together with no other royals present on Tuesday.

Queen sees Meghan as 'giggling granddaughter' but views Kate very differently

Well that's fine. Kate has a very serious job ahead of her, the Queen is training her for it. Meghan is essentially the equivalent of Antony Armstrong-Jones or Mark Phillips or Tim Laurence. Who? I hear you ask lol. Meghan can be the giggling granddaughter, and lucky her!

How you doing, G?

Photos of Camilla at the beach on this story. I wonder if they knew they would be photographed.

Prince Charles Wears Floral Swim Trunks In Barbados

They both look great.

I hope they have plenty of sun screen for their English skin! It’s the equinox today.

Ive been to Barbados once a few decades ago... before I gave up my sun bunny days... Such a geologically interesting place with fabulous beaches, really nice people. I remember the braid your hair salesforce on the beaches. Best delicious flying fish ever, and worst sunburn ever. And a beautiful pottery place called Earthworks sitting up high with a 360 view.

Oh my gosh those swim shorts.

And that's all I'm saying about those pictures...

Where is that box, you know the one, telling us all where to buy the skirt or shoes or coat that Meghan or The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing? Where is that box, for anyone to wants a pair of HRH swimming trunks???

OK, I see that not everyone would be interested....:cool:

I hate to mention race, but is the UK as focused on Meghans non-white status as North Americans are?
There was yet another article about Meghan's hair and what the baby might look like? Who cares? Prince Harry is a red head, that means there are plenty of possibilities for what colour the child's hair is going to be.
Does anyone outside of Canada and the U.S. care that Doria is black? It's really not a big deal, Meghan is not going to be a Queen one day and the U.S. is not under British rule, we are. She's not a role model for the modern black woman, she was one of many non-white actresses on t.v.; Americans have plenty of super successful black women as role models and inspiration.

"That’s right, there will soon be a royal child with a Black grandmother. There are dozens of forensic mock-ups online of what this child’s skin and hair will look like." Toronto Star

Meghan Markle and the royal baby’s hair | The Star

Personally, the people I know don't give two hoots that Meghan's mum is black. In fact, most are just happy for Harry and think this baby is going to be a little stunner!

Neither of his previous girlfriends would have made the cut, despite being blonde princessy types from the "right" background. Speaks volumes that Harry is with someone so different to them in every way, gotta be true love this time. If anything is going to upset the British it would be if Meghan became pushy and entitled, but the colour of her skin? Nah.

I hate to mention race, but is the UK as focused on Meghans non-white status as North Americans are?
There was yet another article about Meghan's hair and what the baby might look like? Who cares? Prince Harry is a red head, that means there are plenty of possibilities for what colour the child's hair is going to be.
Does anyone outside of Canada and the U.S. care that Doria is black? It's really not a big deal, Meghan is not going to be a Queen one day and the U.S. is not under British rule, we are. She's not a role model for the modern black woman, she was one of many non-white actresses on t.v.; Americans have plenty of super successful black women as role models and inspiration.

"That’s right, there will soon be a royal child with a Black grandmother. There are dozens of forensic mock-ups online of what this child’s skin and hair will look like." Toronto Star

Meghan Markle and the royal baby’s hair | The Star

Thankfully I don’t have any personal experience of anyone I know here in Scotland bothered by the Duchess’s race and if I did I wouldn’t know them any longer. I am sure it has bothered a few people who are racist but thankfully they are in the significant minority.

The press here hasn’t focused on the issue because it would end very badly for them. They do seem out to get her though by making it look she is a spendaholic nightmare who can’t keep staff and fights with the Duchess of Cambridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie