CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be the only one here surprised by this news today. This certainly does grab more attention and media coverage, and perk up public interest, so all of that combined is a very good thing! Most cases here sadden and upset me, but Ben's causes a melancholy inside me that's a bit different. I keep his family in my heart.

I might be the only one here surprised by this news today. This certainly does grab more attention and media coverage, and perk up public interest, so all of that combined is a very good thing! Most cases here sadden and upset me, but Ben's causes a melancholy inside me that's a bit different. I keep his family in my heart.

Hey Tripod, why are you surprised by the latest news? Tia

Targeted sounds to me like someone planned it out.

Yes and targeted us usually means the death was caused intentionally as well.

I’ve been following the sad disappearance of Ben from the onset. I’m somewhat familiar with the general territory and can imagine the complexity involved in searching for him.

I think the reason the RCMP have now classified the case as “suspicious” is connected to their earlier request, because no one has come forward. There’s some type of evidence that a truck and trailer was involved, if not because of the considerable distance where his horse was located.

BBM

The RCMP is asking anyone who may have seen Ben Tyner during the weekend of January 26 and 27 or a truck and trailer that may have transported him to the Swakum Mountain or OK Forest Service Road off Mamit Lake Road, to contact the SED MCU tip line at 1-877-987-8477.”
Heartbroken family of missing cowboy, Ben Tyner, make plea for information

Yes and targeted us usually means the death was caused intentionally as well.

I’ve been following the sad disappearance of Ben from the onset. I’m somewhat familiar with the general territory and can imagine the complexity involved in searching for him.

I think the reason the RCMP have now classified the case as “suspicious” is connected to their earlier request, because no one has come forward. There’s some type of evidence that a truck and trailer was involved, if not because of the considerable distance where his horse was located.

BBM

The RCMP is asking anyone who may have seen Ben Tyner during the weekend of January 26 and 27 or a truck and trailer that may have transported him to the Swakum Mountain or OK Forest Service Road off Mamit Lake Road, to contact the SED MCU tip line at 1-877-987-8477.”
Heartbroken family of missing cowboy, Ben Tyner, make plea for information
It’s a shame if no one has one forward. Even someone who could be helpful. Perhaps there just is no video footage.

It’s a shame if no one has one forward. Even someone who could be helpful. Perhaps there just is no video footage.

I agree, if there was video footage of the truck or trailer I think by now RCMP would’ve released it to assist in identification.

But maybe they only have other evidence - such as hoof prints and tire tracks? It appears it was sunny and above zero celsius, so likely muddy on the ranch, around the time of Ben’s disappearance. His horse would be shod so maybe that led to evidence of the loading of his horse into a trailer?

I could be wrong but it just seemed to me as if the RCMP appeared to be fairly certain a truck and trailer were involved from the onset. If so there has to be a reason.

I agree, if there was video footage of the truck or trailer I think by now RCMP would’ve released it to assist in identification.

But maybe they only have other evidence - such as hoof prints and tire tracks? It appears it was sunny and above zero celsius, so likely muddy on the ranch, around the time of Ben’s disappearance. His horse would be shod so maybe that led to evidence of the loading of his horse into a trailer?

I could be wrong but it just seemed to me as if the RCMP appeared to be fairly certain a truck and trailer were involved from the onset. If so there has to be a reason.

Hey Misty, we love local perspectives, tysm!
Sadly, it seems no one knows when Ben went missing. Was it Saturday, Sunday or Monday? Therefore, if any tracks were visible, they can’t determine their value, imo.
If Ben has been murdered, moo is there’s a very short list, especially if “targeted”. He was not in Ca long enough to know many people, imo. Factor in the holiday season, when most people travel or have family in, he really only had a couple of months to settle in.
What’s your theory? Tia

Hey Misty, we love local perspectives, tysm!
Sadly, it seems no one knows when Ben went missing. Was it Saturday, Sunday or Monday? Therefore, if any tracks were visible, they can’t determine their value, imo.
If Ben has been murdered, moo is there’s a very short list, especially if “targeted”. He was not in Ca long enough to know many people, imo. Factor in the holiday season, when most people travel or have family in, he really only had a couple of months to settle in.
What’s your theory? Tia

Yes, that’d be the problem with tracks, they wouldn’t be time stamped. I agree, I think the list of potential suspects must be quite short.

I noticed police were interested in video footage from the 25th, even though Ben was apparently last seen on the 26th. I admit I’ve no idea why that would be aside from a very fleeting thought pondering something such as the initial theft of his horse.

“Ben Tyner, 32, was last seen on Jan. 26 in Nicola, B.C., near Merritt, B.C. Police are asking the public for any video footage obtained in the area between Jan. 25 and Jan. 27. (Facebook)”
RCMP ask public for video footage to help find missing B.C. rancher | CBC News

Yes, that’d be the problem with tracks, they wouldn’t be time stamped. I agree, I think the list of potential suspects must be quite short.

I noticed police were interested in video footage from the 25th, even though Ben was apparently last seen on the 26th. I admit I’ve no idea why that would be aside from a very fleeting thought pondering something such as the initial theft of his horse.

“Ben Tyner, 32, was last seen on Jan. 26 in Nicola, B.C., near Merritt, B.C. Police are asking the public for any video footage obtained in the area between Jan. 25 and Jan. 27. (Facebook)”
RCMP ask public for video footage to help find missing B.C. rancher | CBC News

I noticed the date request but thought it mighta been a typo. Now, I wonder if sightings of Ben on the 26 are accurate? On the 25, he worked, reportedly. Was he seen Saturday? Actually one supposed sighting was around 2 & another one in the evening. I think now those sightings have been ruled out. Jmo

I can think of reasons someone might not come forward voluntarily if they gave him and the horse a ride. Suppose someone drove him up there not knowing the fate that awaited but now have a strong suspicion that someone ambushed him there. If they come forward now, they are going to be considered a suspect or at least an accomplice - forget about innocent until proven guilty. It would be guilty until proven innocent.

I can think of reasons someone might not come forward voluntarily if they gave him and the horse a ride. Suppose someone drove him up there not knowing the fate that awaited but now have a strong suspicion that someone ambushed him there. If they come forward now, they are going to be considered a suspect or at least an accomplice - forget about innocent until proven guilty. It would be guilty until proven innocent.

I can’t think of one good reason for someone to not admit to giving Ben a ride when he was initially reported missing. Its just common decency to provide pertinent information to assist with rescue efforts of a missing person. Initially it was presumed Ben had an accident, lost his way, became separated from his horse, etc. How would this person have known he was ambushed instead? IMO that implies involvement.

I noticed the date request but thought it mighta been a typo. Now, I wonder if sightings of Ben on the 26 are accurate? On the 25, he worked, reportedly. Was he seen Saturday? Actually one supposed sighting was around 2 & another one in the evening. I think now those sightings have been ruled out. Jmo

Yeah I don’t know but many media reports all state “last seen Jan 26th” so I presume it’s correct. RCMP are unlikely to reveal any further information about his activities, especially as his disappearance has now been classified as suspicious.

I can’t think of one good reason for someone to not admit to giving Ben a ride when he was initially reported missing. Its just common decency to provide pertinent information to assist with rescue efforts of a missing person. Initially it was presumed Ben had an accident, lost his way, became separated from his horse, etc. How would this person have known he was ambushed instead? IMO that implies involvement.

Well, I personally don’t think Ben rode or intended to ride, the day he went missing. Too far fetched the first time he deviates from protocol of carrying his phone, advising someone of intentions, etc., he goes missing.

Yeah I don’t know but many media reports all state “last seen Jan 26th” so I presume it’s correct. RCMP are unlikely to reveal any further information about his activities, especially as his disappearance has now been classified as suspicious.

Significant difference in 2 pm & (iirc) 10 pm. Unless they have two witnesses seeing Ben at two dif Times/locations.
In the US it’d be like this “Trudie was last seen at McDs on John Doe Blvd @ appx 10pm, anyone seeing her after this are asked to call......”. RCMP never publicized the location of last sighting/s. IMO, they should have, only because the info may have prompted a “we saw that guy”, moment.

Tyner, who is 32, was the manager of the Nicola Ranch, about 300 kilometres northeast of Vancouver, and was last seen on Jan. 26 as he rode out on horseback, possibly to search for cattle in the surrounding hills.

RCMP say disappearance of B.C. cowboy Ben Tyner ‘may involve criminality’

So, someone did actually see Ben on horseback?
Would he have been seen riding at appx 2 or 10pm?

Tyner, who is 32, was the manager of the Nicola Ranch, about 300 kilometres northeast of Vancouver, and was last seen on Jan. 26 as he rode out on horseback, possibly to search for cattle in the surrounding hills.

RCMP say disappearance of B.C. cowboy Ben Tyner ‘may involve criminality’

So, someone did actually see Ben on horseback?
Would he have been seen riding at appx 2 or 10pm?
First I saw that. That he was seen riding out? Why all the speculation , even in the beginning, that he was possibly trailered out?

LR were the ones who also stated he was seen later that night and thus narrowed down the time frame. Helpful tips come more from accurate and concise info. Imo.

Media mixup? Or new tip?

Last edited:
Ze, I think media mix up. What say you?
If he was last seen riding out, riding out from where?
From NR?
I don’t understand the statement nor why RCMP did not release info of such sighting.
As Misty posted above, the request for video includes 01/25.
As far as we know, he worked on 01/25. Tammy never mentioned him awol that day, to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member