UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="Eve71, post: 14927053, member: 240129" Personally, I think he’ll eventually go mad. [/QUOTE]

Well one thing is for sure, he'll be a dribbling mess at sentencing and beyond, looking every bit the pedo sex rapist he is meant to be. The longer he denies it, the worse he'll be. Then he'll probably 'suicide' . Either that or he'll find god and confess in great detail (Stuart Hazel et al).

It's not possible in most places, but absolutely essential in some.

I get the gist though, there is no way that a woman with her criminal background would get near any club in most places. Obviously does in some.

Ive since learned why she has a connection with the dance group and going by that, I guess she’s allowed to attend , spectate but not be alone with the kids or chaperone.

I wonder if his mum will be there tomorrow. Since she avoided most of the trial I imagine she might not, but she might want to go to see how long her son is sentenced for.

Yeah I wonder, although if she goes it kinda looks like she’s supporting him and she won’t want that.
My guess is he’ll have no one there on his side and it will only be aleshas family and journalists. It just makes me realise what a sad situation this is for everyone, not that he doesn’t deserve it though.

Does anyone know what the longest sentence handed out to someone under 18 in Scotland is? I'm sure tomorrow will eclipse that but I'm just curious.

Yeah I wonder, although if she goes it kinda looks like she’s supporting him and she won’t want that.
My guess is he’ll have no one there on his side and it will only be aleshas family and journalists. It just makes me realise what a sad situation this is for everyone, not that he doesn’t deserve it though.

Yes, that's true. But I suppose it'll be hard finding out through the media that your son has got, say, 25 years minimum in prison. But then I guess she heard the guilty verdict via the media, didn't she? She must have known he was going to get found guilty. I really wonder if anyone will be there. There's his dad but I doubt he will and then I don't imagine much extended family would turn up to something like that. It is sad.

Yes, that's true. But I suppose it'll be hard finding out through the media that your son has got, say, 25 years minimum in prison. But then I guess she heard the guilty verdict via the media, didn't she? She must have known he was going to get found guilty. I really wonder if anyone will be there. There's his dad but I doubt he will and then I don't imagine much extended family would turn up to something like that. It is sad.

None of his family will wanna look like there supporting him I don’t think. Honestly if it was my son I’m not sure I’d go either. She might visit him soon after in prison but to publicly support him I’m not sure. The media would publish her arriving at court pic everywhere too I bet.

My thoughts are with Aleshas maternal and paternal families tonight. All her friends and all those who love her. It’s going to be a very long day for them tomorrow but hopefully they’ll feel a sense of justice once sentencing is over.

My thoughts are with Aleshas maternal and paternal families tonight. All her friends and all those who love her. It’s going to be a very long day for them tomorrow but hopefully they’ll feel a sense of justice once sentencing is over.
How long does a sentencing normally take? I was expecting something short..

How long does a sentencing normally take? I was expecting something short..

It is going to depend on whether or not there are pre sentencing statements made by the Prosecution and Defence. I have no idea whether or not these will happen but, if they do, then they could take an hour or so in the morning, after which the Judge might say he wants to retire and consider these statements.
So it could possiby be early afternoon before the Judge does his sentencing remarks and hands out the sentence.

Or, there may be no further statements from Pros and Defence, in which case I would expect no more than about half an hour or so for the Judge's remarks, followed by sentence.

It is going to depend on whether or not there are pre sentencing statements made by the Prosecution and Defence. I have no idea whether or not these will happen but, if they do, then they could take an hour or so in the morning, after which the Judge might say he wants to retire and consider these statements.
So it could possiby be early afternoon before the Judge does his sentencing remarks and hands out the sentence.

Or, there may be no further statements from Pros and Defence, in which case I would expect no more than about half an hour or so for the Judge's remarks, followed by sentence.

Interesting. Thanks for that! What time would you expect it to start tomorrow roughly?

Thanks. I suspect there wont be any statements apart from the judge's and it'll be on the shorter side. I am interested to see if any journalists comment on ACs facial expressions or demeanor. I'm surprised they didn't say anything about him smiling at the family last time, so I expect they won't comment on this this time either.

Interesting. Thanks for that! What time would you expect it to start tomorrow roughly?

My guess is it will be 10am or thereabouts. There is bound to be heavy media presence so I am guessing the Court will want to get this hearing over as early as possible, to get the press out of the way.

Interestingly, even though ACs name has now been revealed, he is still not showing on the Scottish Court Rolls for tomorrow.

Thanks. I suspect there wont be any statements apart from the judge's and it'll be on the shorter side. I am interested to see if any journalists comment on ACs facial expressions or demeanor. I'm surprised they didn't say anything about him smiling at the family last time, so I expect they won't comment on this this time either.

Me too, I want to know how he responds to the judges comments and his sentence, I hope they do report on it. I wonder if they didn’t see him smile maybe? I think the press are sat in a separate bit from the family so it’s possible they didn’t see?

Me too, I want to know how he responds to the judges comments and his sentence, I hope they do report on it. I wonder if they didn’t see him smile maybe? I think the press are sat in a separate bit from the family so it’s possible they didn’t see?
Maybe but they didn't report him looking tearful when he had his anonymity stripped either....or maybe I'm remembering wrong - I think it was Genie that said he looked tearful..but I'm not sure....I just wish the press had made more descriptive comments about his demeanor in court...I hope they will this time...

Maybe but they didn't report him looking tearful when he had his anonymity stripped either....or maybe I'm remembering wrong - I think it was Genie that said he looked tearful..but I'm not sure....I just wish the press had made more descriptive comments about his demeanor in court...I hope they will this time...

Oh yeah I emailed one of the journalists that was there and asked about him becoming tearful and she said there were no tears whatsoever... but then why would genie say he became tearful? She wouldn’t lie for his benefit. Weird huh

Attachments

• ABD40370-A817-403B-94A6-FCA90CD49342.png
    ABD40370-A817-403B-94A6-FCA90CD49342.png
    107 KB · Views: 22
Look what I found! It starts tomorrow at 9:30 am!

And I looked up what the phrase 'adjourned diet for sentence' means, according to google search it means:

'15.8 When a judge adjourns the diet for sentence for the purpose of obtaining background reports, the case is often adjourned to Edinburgh because that is where the judge is scheduled, or most likely, to be sitting on the date to which it is adjourned.'

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/misc-crime-list/18-march-2019.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member