Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems strange if it is Libby that they can't identify whether a male or female body as she may have only been in water for 7 weeks whereas they identified the body which was found last week immediately as male even though he had been in water for 3 months. Or maybe LE are preferring to withhold the info about the sex for now[/QUOTE
Like a poster mentioned earlier, I assume they are letting Libby’s family process the news tonight (if at all even possible) before confirming to joe public tomorrow.

The quote from police said too early to confirm gender, I may be reading too much in but that sounds like they know and are not yet giving confirmation to the press.
A matter of 'won't' ather than 'can't ' maybe

The body that was seen a few weeks ago in the water had headlines mentioning Libby Squires name. It could well be clickbait. I feel like it is Libby. 2 people are reported missing around that area of water, 1 male, 1 female. By revealing the gender, they are likely revealing the person. I feel that because Libby is a high profile case they want to inform family first and maybe be establishing a cause of death/gathering evidence to use against PR..
The body was discovered this afternoon allegedly, they will know by now.

I have just read online (think it was in Grimbsy Telegraph) that there were two males who jumped from the Humber Bridge in December and their bodies have not been found yet. If the body does turn out to be LS, how difficult would it be given the time that has passed, for them to ascertain if fowl play was involved?

I have just read online (think it was in Grimbsy Telegraph) that there were two males who jumped from the Humber Bridge in December and their bodies have not been found yet. If the body does turn out to be LS, how difficult would it be given the time that has passed, for them to ascertain if fowl play was involved?
It would depend. Some causes of death may be more obvious than others. Was going to give an example, but too grim.

The quote from police said too early to confirm gender, I may be reading too much in but that sounds like they know and are not yet giving confirmation to the press.
A matter of 'won't' rather than 'can't ' maybe

I agree with this.

“At this stage it is too early for any identification or confirmation of gender to be made. Further information will be released as soon as we are in a position that we are able to do so.”
That's very carefully phrased.

There also seems to have been a news blackout for a few hours, whereas the earlier searches/retrievals were being reported as they happened.

A matter of 'won't' ather than 'can't ' maybe

If a body has been in water for 7 weeks or more, it is going to be very hard to make a positive ID. It may be clothed, ie if LS not wearing trousers etc., to give some idea of gender, but either way before police will give out a public statement a formal ID will need to take place. That is even if the person died of drowning. ID even harder if murdered and disfigured further. Wouldn't imagine thet would confirm until PM has taken place.

Last edited:
I would tend to agree except on Monday they were very quick to confirm the body was male and not related to any ongoing enquiries.

The way the statement is worded, it doesnt say they dont know. To me its pretty obvious they do and i would be surprised if we dont have confirmation tomorrow that it is Libby.

It feels really disrepectful to have written that. Her poor mum.

“At this stage it is too early for any identification or confirmation of gender to be made *TO THE PUBLIC. Further information will be released as soon as we are in a *LEGAL position that we are able to do so.”

I have added *to the public and *legal to show that they could well know whats going on but aren't letting us know.

It is very clever wording.

Top story just now on regional news.
Think we are all unanimous in assuming she will no longer be found alive . Lets hope its her then so her family can take her home

Abso-flippin-lutely. Never knowing is far worse than knowing. Whoever this turns out to be, it is so fortunate they were found before reaching the open sea.

I'm with pretty much everyone else, that this looks like Libby. Sad news for her family, but I think probably better than prolonging the agony any longer; I've felt for several weeks that it's very unlikely she could still be alive, so at least if this is her, her family can begin the grieving process.

If it turns out that her death was caused by anyone, I hope there's enough evidence to get justice for her. On the flipside, if it was actually a tragic accident (even if started by someone, eg PR, scaring her), then I hope that could be determined too, although given the length of time, I'd guess evidence of any kind of likely to be slim.

I'm with pretty much everyone else, that this looks like Libby. Sad news for her family, but I think probably better than prolonging the agony any longer; I've felt for several weeks that it's very unlikely she could still be alive, so at least if this is her, her family can begin the grieving process.

If it turns out that her death was caused by anyone, I hope there's enough evidence to get justice for her. On the flipside, if it was actually a tragic accident (even if started by someone, eg PR, scaring her), then I hope that could be determined too, although given the length of time, I'd guess evidence of any kind of likely to be slim.

All along I've said IMO that PR was involved to a point and that I think he got caught up in something far bigger than he could ever have imagined. I stated all along I think she tried to get away and either hid or fell in the water (or possibly someone pushed her) but the screams were her scared in the dark and then going in the water etc. Poor love. I could cry just thinking about it and I don't even know her. The video footage of her she looked like a lovely young woman. I agree with Cags that Not Knowing is worse than knowing. We will wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77