Found Deceased NC - Diana Alejandra Keel, 38, car parked at home, Nashville, Nash County, 8 Mar 2019 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was the leftover turkey from Christmas?

Do we know if she was bringing the turkey in, or perhaps taking it out?

I'm sorry, but that just makes me go, HUH?! Did this monster make her go catch the turkey too? Maybe that's part of the story that he hasn't revealed? No more words, trying to remain nice & calm :)

A turkey on New Year's Day? I mean maybe, but...most people are sick of turkey by New Years just sayin'
Sounds lame as heck to me.
Maybe he beat her with a frozen turkey. I could believe that.
I guess I'm not like most people. I love turkey and cannot understand why a lot of people only eat it on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. Maybe Bess was more like me. MOO

I'm going to venture out and say that it is very likely both women were killed the same way and after the fact, it was staged to look like something else.
I'm thinking that the 2nd wife was stabbed, but on further inspection she was found to have a broken hyoid bone.
Once people started speaking up about the first wife, they pulled her autopsy report and her hyoid was not even checked.
Exhuming her body should prove if she was killed or her death was indeed accidental.
***I'm guessing the head injury on the forehead, means you fell face first into the stairs. Might also explain bruising on the front of the neck and appear accidental?
All moo

I'm going to venture out and say that it is very likely both women were killed the same way and after the fact, it was staged to look like something else.
I'm thinking that the 2nd wife was stabbed, but on further inspection she was found to have a broken hyoid bone.
Once people started speaking up about the first wife, they pulled her autopsy report and her hyoid was not even checked.
Exhuming her body should prove if she was killed or her death was indeed accidental.
***I'm guessing the head injury on the forehead, means you fell face first into the stairs. Might also explain bruising on the front of the neck and appear accidental?
All moo
I am guessing that poor Bess was knocked down and her head was slammed into the concrete stairs. May she rest in Heavenly peace now that the truth is out. How awful that yet another woman had to die at the hands of this sub-human. MOO

The ethanol says none detected.

I'm thinking they just tested to see if she was drunk?
The email stated it was the complete tox.

I dont know if theyve sealed the autopsy and investigation report yet. If not it should come through today as well.

I see that now. Yes it does look like the only tox screen they did was ethanol. No prescription drugs poisons, etc. Just my opinion anyhow on the way it looks if this was the complete screen.

Just saw this -- some interesting details:

Diana Keel murder: Husband due in AZ court as warrants shed new light on case
Posted 28 minutes ago
Updated 5 minutes ago
By Amanda Lamb, WRAL reporter, and Alfred Charles, WRAL.com managing editor
Nashville, N.C. — In less than 24 hours, the Nash County man who has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of his wife will go before an Arizona judge and investigators from the Nash County Sheriff's Office are expected to be in the courtroom for the hearing.

"This is a first-degree murder case, possibly carrying with it a death sentence," Sheriff Keith Stone said Wednesday. "We want to make sure we do everything right."
[...]

• Officers found cash and bank receipts inside the truck, but it was not immediately clear from the warrants how much cash was inside the vehicle.
  • Inside the pickup was a knife, cell phone, bedding, camping equipment, canned food, a cooler and medication.
Taryn Edwards told WRAL News recently that she was best friends with Diana Keel for 10 years and said Lynn Keel didn't like their friendship because she encouraged his wife to be independent.
Diana Keel murder: Husband due in AZ court as warrants shed new light on case :: WRAL.com

-------------------------
Diana Keel murder: Husband due in AZ court as warrants shed new light on case :: WRAL.com

I guess I'm not like most people. I love turkey and cannot understand why a lot of people only eat it on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. Maybe Bess was more like me. MOO

I'm with you on this, Kapua -- I love turkey and all the fixin's. We get a small fresh (always, always fresh) turkey, fry it with Cajun seasoning, and have other great dishes,fairly often. Plus the good sandwiches left over.

On Bess:
Maybe she was carrying the turkey, and he tripped her -- she fell on or near the steps, and then he finished the job. A good, hard slam against a cement or brick step, etc., (please pardon) could certainly kill someone. And he could always say that he had no idea she was out there by herself until he started to look for her.
Hoping we'll find out just what did happen. Skin and other body parts do not hold up all that well after death, but bones can show all sorts of things.
I'm also getting the feeling that hubby didn't have much of a fan club. JMO

His extradition hearing is at 5:30PM AZ time Thursday (tomorrow). Hopefully it’s a formality and he’s on his way back tomorrow night or Friday morning. Or will it be a bureaucratic lengthy process?

I'm with you on this, Kapua -- I love turkey and all the fixin's. We get a small fresh (always, always fresh) turkey, fry it with Cajun seasoning, and have other great dishes,fairly often. Plus the good sandwiches left over.

On Bess:
Maybe she was carrying the turkey, and he tripped her -- she fell on or near the steps, and then he finished the job. A good, hard slam against a cement or brick step, etc., (please pardon) could certainly kill someone. And he could always say that he had no idea she was out there by herself until he started to look for her.
Hoping we'll find out just what did happen. Skin and other body parts do not hold up all that well after death, but bones can show all sorts of things.
I'm also getting the feeling that hubby didn't have much of a fan club. JMO
I love turkey too! I've never had it fried. My son in law's father put a turkey in a fryer one year and the fryer blew up! LOL It sounds really good fried. I love the sandwiches with mayo later. Now I'm hungry :D

I "know" Dr. John Butts from his testimony on several cases here in NC where the trial was streamed via WRAL-Raleigh. I'm sure many of us here on WS are familiar with him. He is calm, very qualified -- excellent education and qualifications, etc., patient and thorough with his findings, and explains his testimony to jurors in a way they (and I) can understand. A very likable person and a true professional.

The only new news from today is the 911 calls were released; and that Bess' body "may" be exhumed.

I added that and I will call it quits for tonight.

Updates are on the last couple pages, but you can look at all the files.

Diana Keel Case Archive:
Diana Alejandra Keel -NC- by amanda reckonwith

Many, many thanks, Amanda -- you are so generous with your time and expertise, and such a wonder you are! :)

I see that now. Yes it does look like the only tox screen they did was ethanol. No prescription drugs poisons, etc. Just my opinion anyhow on the way it looks if this was the complete screen.

If I remember back in 2006, toxicology tests were usually done by a separate test for each individual drug that was suspected. These days there are dipstick type tests that will check for several drugs a time. It was expensive to do toxicology tests back then, so unless a drug was suspected, they would not likely do a test for random drugs.

But, having done the tox test, and finding no alcohol in Bess` system, it would have been reasonable to question the fall more closely. I am looking forward to finding out more about the back story.

If I remember back in 2006, toxicology tests were usually done by a separate test for each individual drug that was suspected. These days there are dipstick type tests that will check for several drugs a time. It was expensive to do toxicology tests back then, so unless a drug was suspected, they would not likely do a test for random drugs.

But, having done the tox test, and finding no alcohol in Bess` system, it would have been reasonable to question the fall more closely. I am looking forward to finding out more about the back story.

I have no idea but that makes sense. I guess though with a fairly young woman dying from a fall one would think they would check thoroughly and, as you stated, at least after finding no alcohol. I have never known anyone who died from a fall at home off of the top of my head in such circumstances at such an age except for one person that I knew who was quite young, drinking was involved, and people question that to this day because it is just not that common.

I have no idea but that makes sense. I guess though with a fairly young woman dying from a fall one would think they would check thoroughly and, as you stated, at least after finding no alcohol. I have never known anyone who died from a fall at home off of the top of my head in such circumstances at such an age except for one person that I knew who was quite young, drinking was involved, and people question that to this day because it is just not that common.
I once saw this young man take quite a tumble while skateboarding and taking jumps off concrete stairs. He got up, dusted himself off, and went on his way. The only person I know who died as the result of a really bad fall was my ex's cousin who fell off a cliff while hiking at night. And he passed away from a blood clot months later. A fall from the few short steps would definitely cause some bruising, and maybe some scrapes and cuts. But IMHO, Bess didn't die from a simple fall. We will see what the ME has to say this time 'round.

I once saw this young man take quite a tumble while skateboarding and taking jumps off concrete stairs. He got up, dusted himself off, and went on his way. The only person I know who died as the result of a really bad fall was my ex's cousin who fell off a cliff while hiking at night. And he passed away from a blood clot months later. A fall from the few short steps would definitely cause some bruising, and maybe some scrapes and cuts. But IMHO, Bess didn't die from a simple fall. We will see what the ME has to say this time 'round.

I agree, that is my opinion as well. I would think it would have been looked into thoroughly as it is so rare and, as you say, on a few short steps in a home she was long familiar with. Add to that the finding of no alcohol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23