FL - Mariah Michelle Logan, 23, tourist, killed after going out car window, Miami, 17 March 2019

Last edited:
I know it is a long shot, but I sure hope they find the person driving the Range Rover who ran her over, briefly stopped and proceeded to leave the scene!
edited to add: I know he was driving behind their Hyundai, he may have not had enough time to break. Running her over could have been an accident; it was very early in the morning (4:43am) and it may have been difficult to see. Regardless, you have to stop. You cannot just leave and go about your day. Well, I mean you can but the law says otherwise. I can't imagine he ran her over on purpose. Given the circumstances, driving behind their vehicle, that early in the morning it probably happened so quick and it was a terrible accident. That person was probably scared but still you have to stop. The person driving the Hyundai, if you have a friend hanging out the window, seems like you'd drive with extreme care and tell her to get back inside. The way she fell out of her car makes me go hmmm. Strange. (long edit :p)
^jmo, moo, imo, etc^

Last edited:
This is awful. As despicable as it is, I think hit-and-run drivers could possibly be shocked and traumatized themselves, leaving out of fear. Then, after a while, they are too afraid to face the music. I am NOT making an excuse, but I guess I could see that as a possibility. Even so, if their friends and family find something happened, they should convince the person to step forward.

Lovely young woman, doing something an exuberant young person would do. What a cruel ending.

The car she was in changed lanes from the outside to the center lane. I wonder if she was leaning back so far that her head or arm(s) hit a road sign or the windshield of another car, propelling her out of the car she was in and into the path of the car that ran over her.

Would have to be another car since they went from outside to center and she was in the right rear passenger seat

Sure. I didn't read the article carefully. Even though it was early morning, were there only two cars on the road at the time? I assumed there were other cars besides the car she was in, and the one that ran over her. I was just throwing out a possibility. There was a Russian woman last year (?) that was leaning out a passenger window and her head hit a sign. I was thinking in a lane change, probably not, but another car in another lane and slightly behind them. And then the SUV (?) Anyway, just thinking out loud! Not saying I'm correct. :oops:

Sounds like an episode of "Six Feet Under". I don't think "Flew out the window" is strange. "My receipt was on the dash and it just flew out the window." Pretty sure I said that at least one time. MOO I don't know the legal definition of a "hit and run" but it is possible that the driver just thought he hit some sort of animal. MOO

Was trying to picture why she'd "fly" out, rather than fall out. But then they were probably traveling at a high rate of speed. I don't believe anyone in the car did anything to make her leave the car.
Agreed -- but to make it appear that she "flew" out, it could be that her friend driving the Hyundai had to slow down quickly -- perhaps to change lanes -- and the slowing-down might have somehow propelled her out of the car. And certainly, no fault whatsoever to her friend who was driving.

This is one of those horrible, freak things that just happens sometimes. A pretty, happy, excited young woman, just heading back to school with her friends, and now she is gone from them and those who love her. Her friends who were with her that morning will never get over experiencing this tragic loss of their friend.

This will be a tuff one to solve. In a small town, if the other driver were local, it might be that another local would have noticed, or the girls in the Hyundai would have known the other driver, and called LE, etc. But in a city like Miami, on a drive-like-hell-to-get-to-the-airport-freeway at 4:43am, unless the driver or a witness notifies LE, this one is done. Tragic.

Hoping, and thinking of her friends and family.

Last edited:
I hope airport security checked the parking areas/rental car returns for evidence of an accident.
Hmmm -- Good thought, Blondie. Surely the rental places have been notified to do just that. Even if not, they would be asking a lot of questions if someone were to return a dented car. They would also have the driver's info.
Hmmm -- let's hope that's what happens.

Hmmm -- Good thought, Blondie. Surely the rental places have been notified to do just that. Even if not, they would be asking a lot of questions if someone were to return a dented car. They would also have the driver's info.
Hmmm -- let's hope that's what happens.
$120,000 Range Rovers aren't used as airport rentals. $85,000 Range Rover Sports aren't normally available to rent as airport rentals either. A Range Rover SUV has over an 11 inch ground clearance and likely wouldn't have received damage if it drove directly over the woman. It might have blood or tissue under it though. :(

$120,000 Range Rovers aren't used as airport rentals. $85,000 Range Rover Sports aren't normally available to rent as airport rentals either. A Range Rover SUV has over an 11 inch ground clearance and likely wouldn't have received damage if it drove directly over the woman. It might have blood or tissue under it though. :(
Sadly, I must agree. You're absolutely right. I forgot that it was a RRover. SMH.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back