UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Implied how? That doesn't equate to 'a less than ideal childhood'. Is this more bs to get his sentence down? Although l have read things that can't be mentioned about Rothsay.

Maybe I’m just reading too much into it. He might not have been abused. I just feel like he could have been and that’s what they were angling at but could be wrong. Also, that would never be a justification regardless though.

11:11KEY EVENT

Judge retires to consider verdict

Lord Matthews has retired to consider how long to lock evil Aaron Campbell up for.

It will not be long until the teen finds out his fate.

Campbell is said to have smirked a few weeks ago when he was found guilty of Alesha MacPhail’s murder.

Alesha MacPhail's teenage killer sentenced for her rape and murder

‘Mr Campbell understands there is no certainty he will ever be released. He will spend 4 years in a Young Offenders Institution before reaching an adult prison. It is clear from reports he has had a less that ideal upbringing but that is in no way a mitigation for such a crime’.

This suggests to me the defence themselves know there is nothing to suggest any underlying mental health problems that would see him locked up under mental health reasons. They themselves are acknowledging that he will be sent to a young offenders institution followed by adult prison.

Maybe I’m just reading too much into it. He might not have been abused. I just feel like he could have been and that’s what they were angling at but could be wrong. Also, that would never be a justification regardless though.

I think the words they used would have been more profound if he’d been a victim of abuse. I could be wrong but less then ideal to me sounds a little trivial in comparison.

Yes it is all they have and of course his less than ideal life...allegedly !

At least poor Alesha was loved in life and death, anyone who feels sorry for this monster or wants to try and ‘understand’ him - well words fail me and I’ve been banned too much. Even the doctors don’t want to get into his head. Maybe he should of used his time wisely on the stand to give details of his past abuse rather than blame everyone but himself. And actually given everything even if he was abused as a child it’s actually really rude and insensitive to victims on here who have been subject to abuse and have never lifted their hands to another individual. It is not and never should be used an excuse - it’s wrong to IMHO!

If he’d been abused as a child surely he’d have used this as some sort of defence initially OR would have ensured it was documented in his medical/mental health reports following his confession.

This all screams to me as a sociopath/psychopath who has treated this all as one big game since his arrest.

He’s put the family through a horrendous ordeal, followed by a horrendous trial where they had to listen to horrible details of the crime, then confesses on the day of sentencing - for what purpose did he only now decide to confess?!

For me, he’s nothing more than a who is probably enjoying the attention and notoriety that has come with his despicable crimes.

Just catching up on the updates.

Can’t believe he has confessed after all that. After taking the stand and lying through his teeth and putting the family through the horrendous details. Too late for leniency now.

At least now the conspiracy theories can stop. Hopefully Toni can move on with her life without rumours of involvement.

Once it's all over I will be interested to see how much was perhaps covered up about him or how little was done to diagnose any behaviour patterns or instances. Not from a sympathetic view of what happened but in understanding what caused it and could it have been prevented.

Once it's all over I will be interested to see how much was perhaps covered up about him or how little was done to diagnose any behaviour patterns or instances. Not from a sympathetic view of what happened but in understanding what caused it and could it have been prevented.

Yes and I think if that is the case the parents should be held accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak