Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a huge mess for sure. I don't know what Hallmark will do. I get the feeling that they aren't even sure what they are going to do yet. The fallout from this will be staggering.
I wonder if they can re-cast the character for her mystery series and/or kill off her character and have another character continue? I have never seen her in any Hallmark show so not sure if that would work with the show, but it is distressing to think all the cast and crew are out of work just because she ruined her reputation.

jmo

I wonder if they can re-cast the character for her mystery series and/or kill off her character and have another character continue? I have never seen her in any Hallmark show so not sure if that would work with the show, but it is distressing to think all the cast and crew are out of work just because she ruined her reputation.

jmo
I think they can easily do that and will. I think the harder question is what to do with the older episodes. Do they continue to re-run them?

From the link:

"Lori Loughlin's daughters are finding it tough to navigate through the college admissions scandal that their parents are allegedly involved in."

Yes, it's tough to navigate through a scandal...which is one reason why people avoid getting themselves in a scandal, or putting their family members at risk because of a scandal.

Yes, it's tough. Lots of things in life are tough. Many people find it tough to study for college admissions and pay tuition.

jmo

We aren't hearing anything about the other kids whose parents got them into school. Are those kids still in school? So far it seems the LL kids have taken all the heat.
Almost certainly there are a lot more kids out there that got in schools with this scam. I wonder how much effort the schools are putting in to look in to it.

Here’s another one:

Hillsborough CA ( outside SF) parents pay $250K to get one daughter admitted to UCLA on the soccer team.

And paid ~$120K for another daughter to get onto the rowing team, although she was an equestian, not a rower

UCLA student who 'had never competitive played soccer' named on elite team as parents charged | Daily Mail Online
I bet the other real soccer players saw her profile on the web page and thought "Who in the hell is she?" I'd be really pissed if I was a real player on the soccer team.

And her father, Bruce Isakson is on tape worrying about appearances if they got caught and word leaked out....

I do love Julia Robert’s comments about the entire scandal - about how these parent’s don’t trust their children to do well enough

I was thinking this morning about the other cast members that work with LL in the Garage Sale Mysteries movies, such as Steve Bacic who plays her husband and Sarah Strange who plays her partner and friend, and so on. It just dawned on me how this is going to affect so many people if HMC stops running those movies - which I’m assuming they are since they cut ties with LL. I would think it will be a considerable loss of income for all of the actors not to mention the HMC. They run all of those reruns on a regular basis not to mention future productions.
I guess I’m still trying to wrap my head around how LL, et al could lower themselves to participate in such a scam, and how they can be so arrogant and full of themselves they not only thought they were untouchable, they actually believe it was all just a-ok. Maybe people like this weren’t cut out for fame and fortune, they certainly don’t deserve it.
Given the far reaching consequences of all this I’m wondering now if the civil law suits will start piling up.
I didn’t find anything on the GSM cast but found this on When Calls the Heart.
Lori Loughlin's Hallmark Channel co-stars say college admissions scandal put them in 'tough spot'

I have only heard about 4 stars in my life and they were super arrogant.

Jessica Lange lived in Stillwater, MN and she and her husband were totally humble. Their kids achieved all on their own.

They chose to raise their kids in MN so that says something right there

And her father, Bruce Isakson is on tape worrying about appearances if they got caught and word leaked out....

I do love Julia Robert’s comments about the entire scandal - about how these parent’s don’t trust their children to do well enough

$500,000 would buy a lot of tutoring hours for the SAT, attending special sports camps, hiring coaches. Maybe they should have spent time, effort, and money investing in their daughters self development, rather than crassly buying their children USC entrance.

I guess I don't understand why "USC" is such an awesome place to attend college. Community college isn't "awesome" enough? Not enough status, I guess.

$500,000 would buy a lot of tutoring hours for the SAT, attending special sports camps, hiring coaches. Maybe they should have spent time, effort, and money investing in their daughters self development, rather than crassly buying their children USC entrance.

I guess I don't understand why "USC" is such an awesome place to attend college. Community college isn't "awesome" enough? Not enough status, I guess.

How about cosmetology, followed by business? Yep, can be found locally & often at community college. For the business classes, on-line might work -- the young adults named seem to be familiar with the Internet....

Its a huge mess for sure. I don't know what Hallmark will do. I get the feeling that they aren't even sure what they are going to do yet. The fallout from this will be staggering.

Hallmark has already made it clear that Lori Loughlin will be dropped from the channel and that her co-productions, including her popular Garage Sale Mysteries movies, will no longer be producing new content.

Hallmark opted to pull the new episode of When Calls the Heart that would have aired [last] Sunday night. It was said the show would not be cancelled by Hallmark at the time, but that hasn’t stopped speculation about the series and where it could go.

Hallmark Says When Calls The Heart Is Coming Up With A Plan In Wake Of Lori Loughlin Accusations

Here’s another one:

Hillsborough CA ( outside SF) parents pay $250K to get one daughter admitted to UCLA on the soccer team.

And paid ~$120K for another daughter to get onto the rowing team, although she was an equestian, not a rower

UCLA student who 'had never competitive played soccer' named on elite team as parents charged | Daily Mail Online

Lauren Isackson was admitted as a recruited soccer player in June 2016, a UCLA student-athlete admissions committee required she play on the team for at least one year.

Isackson — who prosecutors say lacked even the modest accolades listed on her biography — was given the No. 41 jersey in 2017 on a team of all-stars and pros-in-waiting. Every other player on the roster was assigned a jersey number between 00 and 28.

A 2017 media guide describes Isackson as a practice player.

Isakson is not on the team’s current roster. She is still a student at UCLA.

Jorge Salcedo, the UCLA’s men’s soccer coach, allegedly submitted a “falsified soccer profile” to the university. The coach had been placed on leave. The school has initiated a review of the allegations, which is ongoing.

Isackson’s parents began conspiring with Singer in 2015 to have their daughter admitted as an athletic recruit. Their first choice was USC, but because of a “clerical error,” Isackson’s fake athletic profile was diverted to the normal admissions process in February 2017.

Singer then sent the fake athletic profile of Isackson in May 2016 to Ali Khosroshahin, a former USC women’s soccer coach, who passed it onto Salcedo. Khosroshahin has also been indicted on charges of conspiracy to commit racketeering. Salcedo sent the girl’s transcript and test scores to an unnamed UCLA women’s soccer coach. About a month later, the “UCLA Student-Athlete Admissions Committee” approved Isackson for admittance as a recruited non-scholarship athlete.

For passing their daughter off as a recruited athlete, Bruce and Davina Isackson gave Singer’s charity 2,150 shares of Facebook stock, valued at about $250,000.

Singer used his charity to pay Salcedo $100,000 and Khoroshanin $25,000 for securing Isackson’s admittance.

The day her daughter was approved by a UCLA student-athlete admissions committee, Davina Isackson thanked Singer in an email. Her daughter and husband were copied on the note.

Isackson's fake soccer history revealed

Since she had knowledge of the scheme, I'm assuming she too will be booted from UCLA.

Last edited:
We aren't hearing anything about the other kids whose parents got them into school. Are those kids still in school? So far it seems the LL kids have taken all the heat.
Almost certainly there are a lot more kids out there that got in schools with this scam. I wonder how much effort the schools are putting in to look in to it.
There has been some info. USC said all the students have been put on academic hold.

We might not hear more about the others since they are, indeed, students and likely were not the instigators of the frauds, and some might not have known. A bit unseemly to publicize the students' plight with specific names, imo. Olivia Jade is a different case since she is a self-created internet celebrity who made statements on video about college. If she were an unknown or if her vlogging didn't include comments about college, she likely wouldn't be getting much attention either. You put yourself in the limelight and you will be in the limelight.

jmo

Subscribed to this one
o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads