GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally respectfully disagree. I was married to a psychopath (didn't know it at the time), but he always spent every cent we had..or did not have...I tried to limit him by being in complete control of our accounts. The more he messed it up, the more I had to Hoover over him, and the more he became angry about it. Just another reason to "hate" me. Meanwhile he never cared that he was taking money away from our mortgage budget or groceries. He just tried to hide it better and always resented me for acting "like his mom".

Not sure what you are disagreeing with. I stated what has been stated in this case. When LE got to the Watts' home, they told CW to check their bank account. CW said he didn't have the password and that Shanann paid all the bills.

CW also stated that Shanann handled the finances because he sold a car for less than what they owed on it. That's apparently why Shanann handled the finances.

Another thing - when Shanann was in NC, NUA picked up the mail. CW was home for all but one of those weeks. When Shanann returned from NC, she posted on FB that she had just gone through weeks of mail.

He didn't act or sound like he was angry that she handled everything. He said it in a matter of fact way, like he was ok with it.

No one can tell me this guy was completely normal or a great guy and then just snapped one minute and killed his whole family. It doesn't happen that way. He was a nut before and it was covered over.

Completely normal he was not. But I do think that in this situation, lack of sleep caused by several different factors might have become the major contributor to his actions.

IIRC He told his folks that he plead guilty "for a reason”

This part of the jailhouse interview was so frustrating, it demonstrates to me his poor language skills. Does CW think this statement is meaningful or communicates some kind of accountability or responsibility for his despicable actions? He continued to repeat this as if to say he could not understand why his parents still think he’s being railroaded.....smh

I have always felt this was the case, but apparently evidence shows otherwise.

Since there were no signs of a struggle from SW, I can't buy that he killed the kids first. She was partially undressed when he "buried" her, which implies that she was either in bed or getting ready for bed. If the girls had already been killed then we'd have to assume that SW didn't check on them when she got home or didn't notice that they were dead-neither of which I can buy. I don't think he would have killed the kids first anyway-he'd have been taking the chance of SW seeing them and either calling 911 or fighting him. Most murderers take out the biggest threat, first. SW was his biggest threat.

Gosh at the beginning I believed the children were dead before SW got home but evidence and straight from the mouth talk persuaded me in believing that he killed the kids in the field. To this day I have nightmares about what her children witnessed. Seriously doubt they'll go away soon.

This part of the jailhouse interview was so frustrating, it demonstrates to me his poor language skills. Does CW think this statement is meaningful or communicates some kind of accountability or responsibility for his despicable actions? He continued to repeat this as if to say he could not understand why his parents still think he’s being railroaded.....smh
It's just a game he's playing with them. He's dumped on them multiple times at least since August, that we know of.
A relative or two tried to get him to tell the whole story a few days before Dr, Phil, he didn't even have enough love or respect for them to tell them first, back around February 18 (or better yet, August 16?). Then they had to break it on youtube, on a hate-SW site as a lurid "bombshell" to beat Dr. Phil. Even on that show the site owner went on about oh how many people thought Shan'ann was more likely to murder.
He didn't show any more respect for his father in this case, so I don't buy that "he loves his father so much" carp.
The only hold he has on his family is to shaft them over and over, causing them pain for the evident emotional pain (he believes) that was inflicted on him as he grew up.

Last edited:
Not sure what you are disagreeing with. I stated what has been stated in this case. When LE got to the Watts' home, they told CW to check their bank account. CW said he didn't have the password and that Shanann paid all the bills.

CW also stated that Shanann handled the finances because he sold a car for less than what they owed on it. That's apparently why Shanann handled the finances.

Another thing - when Shanann was in NC, NUA picked up the mail. CW was home for all but one of those weeks. When Shanann returned from NC, she posted on FB that she had just gone through weeks of mail.

He didn't act or sound like he was angry that she handled everything. He said it in a matter of fact way, like he was ok with it.
Yep, he took no responsibility for anything. A shell of a man.

Since there were no signs of a struggle from SW, I can't buy that he killed the kids first. She was partially undressed when he "buried" her, which implies that she was either in bed or getting ready for bed. If the girls had already been killed then we'd have to assume that SW didn't check on them when she got home or didn't notice that they were dead-neither of which I can buy. I don't think he would have killed the kids first anyway-he'd have been taking the chance of SW seeing them and either calling 911 or fighting him. Most murderers take out the biggest threat, first. SW was his biggest threat.
Yeah, I see your point.

I agree.. Never thought he killed them first. Besides, he was on the phone With NK half the night ignoring SW texts about her flight delay. A mother coming home from not seeing her girls for 2 days would Def go and check on them. They were light sleepers so maybe she didn't touch them or give them a kiss, but I'm sure she knew they were at least breathing.

Completely normal he was not. But I do think that in this situation, lack of sleep caused by several different factors might have become the major contributor to his actions.
In Nks interview she said he had lost 13# in a short time and she was advising him on his diet. She said she didn't want it to continue ( the wt loss). If he was on drugs I'm sure that info would have been released.
He was skinny when arrested

I agree.. Never thought he killed them first. Besides, he was on the phone With NK half the night ignoring SW texts about her flight delay. A mother coming home from not seeing her girls for 2 days would Def go and check on them. They were light sleepers so maybe she didn't touch them or give them a kiss, but I'm sure she knew they were at least breathing.
i thought she had an app on her phone that was connected to the baby monitors too

My guess is he didn't have the passwords. He didn't even have the password to their bank account. He let Shanann handle everything and he was perfectly ok with that. It sure made his life a lot easier not to have to deal with any real details of adult life, JMO.
He must have done something to disable the system. There was a camera in every room besides alerting to a door opening and it would have been sent to both their phones. The question is how

Shannan handled all the money and he didn't mind until he needed some cash for his mistress

I mean that I think he probably wasn't thrilled about SW needing to "control" all the accounts. I suspect it is another thing he resented her for. In his sick mind he could resent SW for all kinds of things instead of taking the personal responsibility that it was truly his fault.

Jumping back to the doll picture, I wonder if he meant to send it to his mistress like a private joke (she's gone) and mixed up and sent it to Shannan by mistake.
Never thought of that! Yikes.
I have wondered since the recent evidence dump that maybe he used the doll as a practice session preparing the girls for what mom might look like when she is being taken to the oil fields.
Whatever the reason for that picture....it is haunting.

Shannan handled all the money and he didn't mind until he needed some cash for his mistress

True - and he could only get his hands on enough cash in which to pay the babysitter because he lied to Shanann about why he needed the babysitter.

He couldn't get his hands on the cash needed to pay for his dinner with NK, because Shanann didn't know he was going out to dinner, so he had to use a credit card. Shanann received an alert.

This paints a picture to me of a man whose wife did not trust him with money or with the mail. JMO, there's a good reason for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail