UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate dwelling on it but I think what broke my heart the most - like I'm sure all of you - was when the judge said that Alesha had woken up and spoke to him. It was bad enough up until that point but to hear that was really hard. The fact that he gave her his hoodie because she was cold, she probably felt safe, it honestly nearly made me cry. I don't know how her family must have felt. That poor little girl. It's still hard to fathom.

I felt the same but must have been so much harder for you hearing first hand. Thank you for your updates and insight into what went on this morning

Watching the live stream I cried almost as soon as the judge starting addressing ACs comments,and it steadily got worse,openly sobbing when he said he told her he was a friend and was taking her home and then he had to pause for the crying(Toni,Genie?),i honestly dont know how you managed to hold it together,but again thankyou so much for seeing it out

You could tell people in the courtroom were upset. It was really depressing honestly and like you said it just seemed to get worse. Toni started crying and she had to leave. I don't know how Georgina manage to make it through truthfully, she's a very brave woman. The whole thing just made me feel very dejected, honestly. That poor little girl never getting the chance to grow up. A 16 year old boy being so callous and committing such a brutal crime. The family having to suffer through. It's just tragic. Thank you very much for your support though!

Maybe it should have been up to the family of Alesha if they were in agreement to name him. I suppose it has a point that naming him does nothing but line the newspapers pockets and in time cost the tax payer huge amounts in the long run if they are released with new identity’s. The thought of him ever walking the streets again makes me very uneasy though.

Not sure if it went into the decision, but her mom wanted him named.

Yes this made me burst into tears and I kind of wished the judge hadn’t made those details public, for the family’s sake.

Heartbreaking! I’ve been crying on and off all day. No case has ever touched me so much. Sometimes , it is better to know the details, it sort of stops the brain gong into overdrive, no consolation but at least the family have a better idea of how it all unfolded.

I agree with her overall point but I don't think it applies in this case. The Bulger killers were only 10 years old, it was obvious they would have to be released some day so the decision to name them was only courting trouble in their case. Even though this killer is also a juvenile there is a huge difference between a 16 year old and a 10 year old. I don't think this one will ever be rehabilitated and walk free.

I hate dwelling on it but I think what broke my heart the most - like I'm sure all of you - was when the judge said that Alesha had woken up and spoke to him. It was bad enough up until that point but to hear that was really hard. The fact that he gave her his hoodie because she was cold, she probably felt safe, it honestly nearly made me cry. I don't know how her family must have felt. That poor little girl. It's still hard to fathom.

Worst moment for me that part in particular. Just made me think of my 5 year old, who looks a lot like Alesha and how much I love her. Utterly soul destroying.

IIRC, there was only one family member who did not want him named--the step-grandmother.

Yes I remember reading that. I hope she can forgive herself for not locking the door. I am shocked that he was able to freely walk in and out the house twice without stirring the 4 adults in the house, I am a light sleeper though so everyone is different.

I get the impression that they already had family there and/or visited there for holidays. I won't go into details of their housing history but there is a 3 year window from moving tto Bute to being at the house he lived when committing the heinous crime. Maybe they lived family until getting their own place or just upsized.

I live 40 minutes from Shrewsbury and it is a lovely place. I can see the appeal in living on a beautiful island like Bute though.

I wonder if they originally moved there to be closer to his Nan. His mum said they had family settled there already. I guess the house they lived in was inherited when the mother passed.

I felt the same but must have been so much harder for you hearing first hand. Thank you for your updates and insight into what went on this morning

Thank you! I think everyone in there just felt so sad. Especially for the family and having to hear that. I hope they were briefed beforehand. I know they were taken into a room and spoken to for a good hour before the court started, so I imagine they must have been. Not that, that helps at all but I hope that it at least softened the blow a little.

One thing that jumped out at me was Campbell's remark that he wanted to kill Alisha as soon as he saw her.
This is a clear attempt to minimize the sexual aspect of the case.
Hopefully nobody swallowed that particular piece of fiction

Probably nothing that makes sense to you or me. He couldn't get hold of any drugs to get high so decided to kill for a thrill instead, something along that lines I suppose.

BBM/Snipped by me

I wonder if his cannabis use may have been an attempt to self-medicate, dial down some of his fantasies so they remained fantasies. He certainly seems to have been well-aware of them and some of the chats we've been privy to via his friends who gave evidence paint a picture of someone who is experimenting with leaking those fantasies into real life -- maybe as a pressure valve or as a recruitment strategy.

Yes I remember reading that. I hope she can forgive herself for not locking the door. I am shocked that he was able to freely walk in and out the house twice without stirring the 4 adults in the house, I am a light sleeper though so everyone is different.

I hope she can too. I’ve done it (never again though) I was shocked he’d gone in twice too, that demonstrates a very devil may care attitude. So there were essentially two chances missed to catch the b.......

One thing that jumped out at me was Campbell's remark that he wanted to kill Alisha as soon as he saw her.
This is a clear attempt to minimize the sexual aspect of the case.
Hopefully nobody swallowed that particular piece of fiction

Yep. i thought this too. It was much more to do with the rape I think. Sick B******

Here's a clip from the programme with Jim Fallon (it might only play in the UK):
I'd heard about this. Very interesting.
It seems like there's not been much progress made on psychopathy. No cure for it however I read this - dated 2014.

" Can psychopathy be cured? I know of no case of a teenager or adult who has ever reversed categorical, full blown psychopathy. At present pre-pubescent children with signs of emerging psychopathy are undergoing behavioural re-training and although early results are promising, the real test of permanence is not yet known."

How I discovered I have the brain of a psychopath | James Fallon

Worst moment for me that part in particular. Just made me think of my 5 year old, who looks a lot like Alesha and how much I love her. Utterly soul destroying.

I have a six year old. Your daughter is incredibly beautiful if she resembles Alesha. I feel the same, been incredibly clingy to her since this case unfolded.

Professor Wilson didn't say he didn't think he was a psycopath. He said he didn't have enough evidence to label him as one. Watch this space! I expect another update from him!

There were definitely warning signs and sorry to say his parents buried their heads in the sand with his previous behaviour. They aren't guilty of his crime but are guilty of poor parenting.
I wish I could give you hundreds of likes for that observation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith