Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we're down to the simple did she jump or was she pushed , i think that if le could establish the exact area that she entered the water they would be getting closer to solving the case !

Whether she jumped or was pushed is irrelevant in my opinion, she wasn’t near any body of water when last seen so had to get there somehow and in my opinion didn’t get there on her own.
I think WHERE she entered is more important as if it was St Andrews Quay then I would think there is a stronger case for abduction as that is pretty far from last sighting.
If she entered up the river near oak road then he could say he took her to the park and she ran away and fell in the river but again, she didn’t get to the park on her own so that makes him responsible.

All my opinion of course

Just my opinion, now we need to move on and find out what happened
This is an incredibly sensitive, highly emotional time and most of the thread are heartbroken and shocked. I think everyone needs to try and remain respectful of eachother right now and try not to be insensitive or blunt when emotions are running so high. A beautiful young woman has been confirmed deceased and a lot of people are now beginning to grieve. There may be members of Libby's family or friends in this forum so we all must please remain mindful and sensitive in the words that we choose to write on here publicly.

Rest in peace, Libby.

Following the recovery of a woman’s body yesterday afternoon (Wednesday, 20 March) from the Humber Estuary, Detective Superintendent Martin Smalley has issued the following:

“A post-mortem examination commenced this afternoon and is continuing to be carried out this evening, however, formal identification has now taken place and we can confirm the body recovered is that of missing woman Libby Squire.

“Libby’s family have been informed and are receiving support from specially trained officers. We would ask their privacy is please respected at this incredibly distressing time.

“Libby, 21, was last seen just after midnight on Friday, 1 February, on Beverley Road close to the junction with Haworth Street.

“An extensive search was carried out in the days and weeks after her disappearance, with detectives and officers working relentlessly to find Libby.

"The people in Hull have shown tremendous support to Libby’s family and to the officers and support staff involved in the searches and investigation.

"It has been a very difficult time for all those involved and we would like to thank everyone once again for their support.

“One man was arrested in February in connection to Libby’s disappearance and remains under investigation.

“We will provide updates as and when we can as to the progress of the investigation, which has been continuous since Libby’s disappearance and remains ongoing.

“Our priority is to support Libby’s family and give them the answers they desperately need.”

Following the recovery of a woman’s body yesterday afternoon (Wednesday, 20 March) from the Humber Estuary, Detective Superintendent Martin Smalley has issued the following:

“A post-mortem examination commenced this afternoon and is continuing to be carried out this evening, however, formal identification has now taken place and we can confirm the body recovered is that of missing woman Libby Squire.

“Libby’s family have been informed and are receiving support from specially trained officers. We would ask their privacy is please respected at this incredibly distressing time.

“Libby, 21, was last seen just after midnight on Friday, 1 February, on Beverley Road close to the junction with Haworth Street.

“An extensive search was carried out in the days and weeks after her disappearance, with detectives and officers working relentlessly to find Libby.

"The people in Hull have shown tremendous support to Libby’s family and to the officers and support staff involved in the searches and investigation.

"It has been a very difficult time for all those involved and we would like to thank everyone once again for their support.

“One man was arrested in February in connection to Libby’s disappearance and remains under investigation.

“We will provide updates as and when we can as to the progress of the investigation, which has been continuous since Libby’s disappearance and remains ongoing.

“Our priority is to support Libby’s family and give them the answers they desperately need.”
Link for people just joining;

Formal identification released of body recovered from Humber | Humberside Police

As a local, and as a mother of a daughter the same age as Libby I have read thro every single post on these threads and have continued to follow daily for the past 3 or 4 weeks.

I had thought for some time that the water held the answers and last night when the news came out that she has probably been found I, like many of us, thought that at least her family can have her home and say goodbye, it seemed like the beginning to the end of this tragic story.

But just now, reading that it has been confirmed to be poor, beautiful Libby - that broke me. I know so many of us get emotionally invested in these cases but I didn't realise quite how much until I'm sat here crying into my tea.

Between the sentencing this morning of that evil boy, who finally confessed to raping and murdering poor little 6 years old Alesha Macphail, to then end the day with this awful news about Libby, I feel completely and utterly drained. Thinking of the familys and friends of these 2 beautiful girls tonight

Show some respect for goodness sake.

QUOTE="Scorpio1, post: 14930548, member: 179392"]Now we're down to the simple did she jump or was she pushed , i think that if le could establish the exact area that she entered the water they would be getting closer to solving the case !
Thank you for saying this Offaly. I started to post as well but was just too upset...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way of tracking tides and currents and working out a estimated area the person could of entered the water?

There are various organisations that measure tides and currents in UK waterways and hold historical data; the info is used for things like tracking water use, effects of land use on water and flood prediction. It would be possible to look at the speed and direction of currents and track back how a body had travelled.

I have read every post since thread #1 and never gave up hope and never stopped thinking about libbys family and friends for even one day . The last video of Libby having fun in the car brought me to tears . Such a sad loss of life for someone who had a whole life still ahead of her . So sad for all the emotions our members are now feeling . My heart goes out to you all . RIP sweetie x

As am I.

I've never fully subscribed to the idea that Oak Road would be the entry point: The river Hull has too many bends and obstructions, is too shallow for a good portion of each 24 hours to hide a corpse consistently, and exits near The Deep whom I believe have activity monitoring tech.

This thought process is borne out by talking with somebody that is heavily involved in the tidal habits of the river itself as it is crucial information used in his job which involves the barges and bridges from as far back as Sutton fields all the way to exit and route to the docks.
Thank you for this information. Where do you, or the person who has the knowledge think she went into the water?

This night is a night of all nights.... it’s not an end. It’s a new chapter. For us though we take a breath. For family it’s a turning of the head to shed the tears bottled up for this moment. To everyone here it’s been quite a journey with you. I bid you good night and should we meet on another thread...may we seek the truth, justice and fairness that is our intersection of a strangers life.
-Scootermuppet, Hull.

CCTV shows him getting Libby into his car. Phone pings linked him to the park, PR has without doubt good knowledge of Libby’s final moments, he is the last person to see her alive

All that is supposition. Where has it been stated that was without doubt him, without doubt that was her? Where has it been stated anything about phone pings linking him to park? Where have police said he was the last person to see her alive? This is not verified as far as I can tell, unless you work for Humberside Police and have inside knowledge. It may well transpire to be the case, but for now until it is proven she was murdered, and police apprehend a suspect and bring charges, nothing can be confirmed as definite fact.

Last edited:
Just seen the breaking news on BBC news 24 that Humberside Police have confirmed the body found near Grimsby docks is that of missing Hull university student Libby Squire. I just burst out crying even though deep down I knew it must be Libby. Utterly heart breaking. My thoughts go out to her poor poor distraught family. So so tragic utterly heartbreaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee