Recovered/Located TX - Margaret Aislinn Channon, 24, Big Bend National Park, 11 Feb 2019

She has a tendency to do that. We got tips that she was seen with two people in Ojinaga at a particular bar. I, being an idiot, did not think to ask for a description of her companions.
You are not an idiot! You have to be overwhelmed, though :(.

Just a couple of questions. If you cannot answer for investigative reasons, I completely understand:

Has the Midland number been looked into? The description of the call in the OA Online article (“The call was dropped and attempts to call back were reportedly met with fax noises”) makes me think perhaps this was a robocall.

The fact that the call came from a Midland number really caught my attention because I’ve gotten several calls from (what turned out to be) spoofed numbers with the 432 area code myself.

Also, does Margaret have a passport?

being delicate but knowing all avenues need to be looked into... from her instagram, I am getting the feeling that maybe, just maybe, she was traveling to SXSW and Mardi Gras for "work"....

I do appreciate seeing some of her artwork there also. Where are you, darlin?.... Folks are worried...

You are not an idiot! You have to be overwhelmed, though :(.

Just a couple of questions. If you cannot answer for investigative reasons, I completely understand:

Has the Midland number been looked into? The description of the call in the OA Online article (“The call was dropped and attempts to call back were reportedly met with fax noises”) makes me think perhaps this was a robocall.

The fact that the call came from a Midland number really caught my attention because I’ve gotten several calls from (what turned out to be) spoofed numbers with the 432 area code myself.

Also, does Margaret have a passport?

Not a robocall: it was a live conversation with her mother with back and forth. Haven't followed up any more than just calling the #.

We believe she has no id.

being delicate but knowing all avenues need to be looked into... from her instagram, I am getting the feeling that maybe, just maybe, she was traveling to SXSW and Mardi Gras for "work"....

I do appreciate seeing some of her artwork there also. Where are you, darlin?.... Folks are worried...
While at SXSW this year I saw several encampments of transient people. Was anyone actively searching for her there?

On the other hand, it seems like she is the type to stay in touch. It seems hard to imagine she’s out working or having fun and not attempting to contact loved ones.

I wish we knew how TX EquuSearch knows she disappeared from Presidio, TX. Was her car found there? Or she was w/friends there? Caught on CCTV?

I'm happy to see that this search org's Missing Poster adds some new identification details i.e. description of tattoos, scars on arms, that she mostly wears black & red, etc.

However, I'm curious that they only used that close-up photo of her face on poster. That photo Imo looks as though she's made-up for a "costume" occassion and looks nothing like the other photos we've seen.
This photo may have been used to show the gap in her teeth. Also, females change their appearances with make up often...imo. Especially, the younger generation... again IMO. So, sometimes the person you see in the morning looks extremely different from the one you see that night...IMO

Regarding equusearch we contacted them directly. They have been wonderful, by the way.

So, we just got a call from a US embassy saying she's being held pending deportation proceedings. So it sounds like this is finally over, tho naturally we still need to confirm.

Oh my gosh, earlier, I actually thought this might be the case! Then I thought to myself, “Surely, they would let her make at least one phone call ....”

I’m so glad that the embassy folks were able to track her down (fairly ;)) quickly!

I am not sure that I have heard of someone being "deported" from Mexico. I am going to have to do some studying on deportation processes in Mexico. I really have never thought of that before. I guess I have just seen people handed over to the US.
I assume she is in Mexico. US Embassy would not be calling them if she was in the U.S.

You do not need any identifying information to go into Mexico, but you darn sure do to get back. It sounds like she went across the border not understanding she could not get back without her ID or passport, etc. Maybe she got mixed up with a group and went across to party and couldn't get back. Therefore, they have to verify she is who she says she is before they will let her come home. Glad she has been found..

You're right that it's not Mexico. I hope you understand my being coy about specifics, but suffice to say it's not Mexico. And yes, she's being deported back to the US. Which is a far better outcome than some of those that we feared.

Anyway, it's solidly confirmed now. Thanks everyone for your help!

This is good news. Seems mostly a complication from red tape due to her not having ID and having entered Mexico. Kudos to family and search teams for staying on top of the bureaucracy involved with Mexican border crossing. Very happy she has been found.

Regarding equusearch we contacted them directly. They have been wonderful, by the way.

So, we just got a call from a US embassy saying she's being held pending deportation proceedings. So it sounds like this is finally over, tho naturally we still need to confirm.

You're right that it's not Mexico. I hope you understand my being coy about specifics, but suffice to say it's not Mexico. And yes, she's being deported back to the US. Which is a far better outcome than some of those that we feared.

BBM

This is good news. Seems mostly a complication from red tape due to her not having ID and having entered Mexico. Kudos to family and search teams for staying on top of the bureaucracy involved with Mexican border crossing. Very happy she has been found.

I don't mean to step on any toes, and I probably am doing so, but if it is not Mexico, where was it she ended up? If you can safely answer, anyway :)

And yes, so so happy she was found safe!

BBM

I don't mean to step on any toes, and I probably am doing so, but if it is not Mexico, where was it she ended up? If you can safely answer, anyway :)

And yes, so so happy she was found safe!
Just my hunch, but I’d say the implication is it’s not Mexico’s red tape as in ‘it’s not Mexico’s fault.

(Not the meaning of “she’s not in Mexico.”)

Do you mean it’s not Mexico asking to deport her back but it’s an ID issue as she has none so the USA are bringing her back? I’m confused that if it’s not Mexico where she is then where could she be possibly being deported from ?
I hope my questions are not violating TOS in any way and I apologise profusely if that’s the case but if I understand the rules correctly, then it’s not .
I appreciate you being coy about specifics for your own reasons and I respect that and I’m not asking for more detailed information. I’m just confused about the deportation???
I’m so glad she has been found safe and well. Not often we get such a positive outcome so it’s a wonderful start to the afternoon to read this . Thankyou for being here and doing your best to update us all. Take care and wish her well on all our behalf here at this wonderful WS community x

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back