IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't sense a mean bone in Amber's body. I might be alone in feeling this way. To me, she seems like someone who is hungry for affirmation wherever she can find it.

As a tutor, she reminds me of some of the students I was least able to help because they had limited intellect and multiple learning disabilities. No matter how hard I tried and how hard they tried, sometimes we didn't make much progress.

From what we know of how RL has treated Amber (her black eye, a Motel 6 date), we'd be running from someone like that, but maybe Amber hasn't had much loving care throughout her life. And if so, she hasn't had good role models for caring for her own children.

That doesn't take away from how much sorrow I feel for Amiah. I have no idea how this will end, but I believe Amiah will have died at the hands of one of the men in Amber's life.

Thank you so much for these photos and for circling the shed. I'm terrible with Google maps and the only good photos I had were the ones that Channel 13's Steve Jefferson provided.

OSU, you are right. I'm nearly positive it was Tammy Beatty who said Amber lives in back of the babysitter's. It was Tammy that turned the surveillance video from Friday night, 3/15, over to the police. Tammy lives across the street from the babysitter. I'm still searching for a link to that comment.

I just went through the video of Amber's grandfather and it wasn't from the interview with him.
Look in this article: Mother of missing baby said she called tip in to police "She's not even my baby, but she feels like my baby because she's only 8 months old," said neighbor Tammy Beatty, who turned over surveillance video to investigators.

An 8-month-old girl is missing from Indianapolis, and police are desperate to find her.The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is asking for help with finding Amiah Robertson.

We spoke with her mother, Amber Robertson, overnight. Amber says Amiah was last seen at a house along South Holmes Avenue on Friday, March 15, 2019.She says she and her ex-boyfriend, who is not Amiah’s father, were at a Motel 6 on Friday for a date. That was the last time Amber saw the baby. She reported Amiah missing on Saturday.“I was scared, worried on where she could be, if she is ok. I’m just hoping she is, and that she is safe.

“They couldn’t do an Amber Alert because someone knew where she was, and it didn’t fit in as a category for an Amber Alert,” Amber said.

BREAKING: Police search for 8-month-old girl missing from Indianapolis

Above is very first post on Amiah RSBM -now updated on website, so not the same.

Ok, "seen at A HOUSE along South Holmes Avenue" - is this poor writing or did Amber not know the "babysitter"? Is the babysitter her regular babysitter, a friend, a relative etc.... My friends with children refer to their babysitter by name.

Who saw her? Supposedly the babysitter didn't. So that the leaves ex or?

So did Amber last see her before or AT Motel 6? If at motel, why didn't she go along to drop Amiah at babysitters? Same before going to motel.

"They couldn't do an Amber Alert because someone knew where she was" - uh no, didn't seem they did?

My heart is breaking all over again, just like when Aliayah Lunsford went "missing." Although we now know what happened we still don't know where she is...

The "facts" didn't add up then, and don't in this case.

No fingers pointed, I just think we're in for another wild ride, but hope I'm wrong.

{{{Amiah}}}}}}

I thought Amber seemed genuinely confused by the question. I didn't get the sense that the baby has had medical problems up until her disappearance. I know we've discussed whether the baby is of a proper weight, but it's so hard to judge because the pictures of Amiah aren't current and I'm not sure whether Amiah has been weighed recently. I didn't feel Amber was being deceptive in answering that Amiah was not sick. I don't think Amber knew at that point that the Silver Alert said that Amiah was believed to be in extreme danger and may require medical assistance.

View attachment 175545

I don't know what the structure looks like in back of the babysitter's home. Can anyone tell if there is more than one building behind the babysitter's home? Here are a couple of aerial views of the property.

View attachment 175546

View attachment 175547
I think Amber appears to be genuinely confused about a lot of things. Imo

It doesn't make sense that she would live there. Why would she say the boyfriend was supposed to take the baby to the baby sitters house if it was at the same location where she lives herself?

I have no idea why Amber would be living in a building behind the babysitter's house. Like you, I am completely confused by Amber's explanation that the boyfriend was supposed to take Amiah to the babysitter's house. If Amber lives on the babysitter's property, why didn't she take Amiah across the yard to the sitter's house?

Were Amber and Amiah somewhere else before RL was to take Amiah to the sitter's?

Amber's grandfather said the family helps Amber out as much as they can, but he also noted that Amber has no job, is only 19 years old and has 2 children. Has the family had it with irresponsible behavior and Amber needed to find another place to live? I have no idea whether drug abuse factors into this whole equation.

And LE is trying to wade through the same mass of contraditory and misleading statements to figure out what the truth is. I don't envy them one bit. And I'm not going to speculate based on insufficient, contraditory, and misleading evidence :p I fear for the poor baby and it seems likely that somebody who should have cared for her was responsible, but mother? boyfriend? babysitter? another relative?

I got that part, just not why she went herself and didn’t call the detectives to check it out? This sounds like she went, searched and called the tip line. It’s weird!
Yes, that's what I think she did. She went first and called after she apparently found the items. It may make more sense when all is said and done. Imo

Yes, that's what I think she did. She went first and called after she apparently found the items. It may make more sense when all is said and done. Imo
This made my hinkey meter go off. Especially since it was right around the time she lawyered up and with the police putting out statements like, the evidence is not conclusive. Hopefully you are right. I hope it all clears up for the best possible outcome when all is said and done. IMO

Mother of missing baby said she called tip in to police

A few snips of the latest article I can find, released one hour ago:

Investigators continued their search in a field near South Belmont Avenue on West McCarty Street, near Eagle Creek. McPeak was there.

"Everybody started leaving, then the mom and dad pulls up laughing and asking us if we’re all right," McPeak said.

He said baby Amiah's parents were at the scene too.

Law enforcement sources close to the investigations have told RTV6 that based on information following Wednesday's search, investigators are going back to the site and expanding their search in the area.

The search continues for Indianapolis baby, Amiah Robertson

I don't know the area either, but the Motel 6 on South Harding is the closest Motel 6 to the babysitter's house.

View attachment 175569
Thanks. I read some of the google reviews and most were awful. Sounds more like a place for hook-ups of the criminal variety. Several people said they felt very unsafe. If the baby was left outside in a car, she could be anywhere.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member