Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really struggle with the far fetched theories. I get that other possibilities should be explored but from the little LE have released there is nothing to suggest and area other than oak rd.

Many of us have felt for some time the waters edge down there was the answer and now libbys body has been discovered albeit a good few miles down stream

Its seems preposterous to me to then say, PR and LS were on the park by the water and that he would have killed her there then taken her body and disposed of it elsewhere?

Come on.
I agree, I am of the opinion it started off as a opportunistic opportunity to feed his escalating sexual deviance that he lost control off in that park and he has used the surroundings as best he can, I think the lake would have been first choice but realising it was somewhat frozen he went for the river and got somewhat lucky in the cold fast flow probably carried the body further than he had hoped on the river bed, he may have gotten over confident with LE when they searched and searched the area thinking no body no crime/proof, however I believe LE had the belief the body would surface by the end of March so let him wonder where the body had gone while they waited. If that makes sense even hoping maybe for a confession when the day came.

Body found by chance, it seems.

Missing Libby Squire's body found when crew on passing ship spotted her in river

Libby Squire's body was finally discovered thanks to a crew member on board a ship passing through the Humber Estuary, it is reported.

The crew member spotted a body in the water and raised the alarm on Wednesday afternoon.

I'm glad she was spotted as horrible as it must have been. How many bodies I wonder are undetected until they end up in the sea? Must be quite a few.

I think what bothers me most is how someone goes from a pervy knicker snatcher to a murderer. I am really struggling with this because if he has then is there something he has done in-between? Wish I knew a profiler to ask because I'm sure it can happen.
I think what started off as an opportune escalation maybe groping maybe hoping to get further somehow went horrifically wrong, as it is a extreme leap IMO a few text book steps missed

I really struggle with the far fetched theories. I get that other possibilities should be explored but from the little LE have released there is nothing to suggest any area other than oak rd.

Many of us have felt for some time the waters edge down there was the answer and now libbys body has been discovered albeit a good few miles down stream

Its seems preposterous to me to then say, PR and LS were on the park by the water and that he would have killed her there then taken her body and disposed of it elsewhere?

Come on.

Why preposterous? He could have assaulted her in the park, she was semi conscious and they went back to his car, then he took her somewhere else. As you mentioned we're not privy to all the info the police have.

As for the accomplice theories, I don't see why he would need one and if that's a possibility the police have had months to go through the suspect's phone, computers etc. They would have been through all his acquaintances and found an accomplice by now imo.

I think what bothers me most is how someone goes from a pervy knicker snatcher to a murderer. I am really struggling with this because if he has then is there something he has done in-between? Wish I knew a profiler to ask because I'm sure it can happen.

I posted something a while back from a psychology book, there is a certain type of offender who does the breaking and entering as a lead up to an assault.
So, they stalk the intended assault victim by watching them, break into their house
and steal personal items...all the time a physical assault is the final, intended part of the
process. ...So for that type of offender, the stealing would be the 'inbetween'.

I know it is unpalatable but suicide/accident would be likely defences if this comes to court and there is no 'smoking gun'. History of mental issues will be played on. The state she was in on the night will be used to point to LS not acting rationally. Not pleasant but there is a high bar for a murder conviction and the more doubt the harder it is to reach.
It's utterly disgusting to think that Libby's mental state could be used to defend PR. Her friends said she was in high spirits the night she disappeared, and from what her family have said, she was a highly vivacious and much loved young woman with everything to live for. She was distressed, as any young woman in her shoes would be having been locked out in the freezing cold with no phone. Why this would prompt her to carry out such a drastic and spur-of-the-moment as action as taking her own life is pathetically weak and just doesn't stand. Like many others, I strongly suspect PR is guilty of Libby's death, and hope he is served the justice he deserves.

I really struggle with the far fetched theories. I get that other possibilities should be explored but from the little LE have released there is nothing to suggest any area other than oak rd.

Come on.

Everyone has a right to their opinions and all should be respected.

Truth is nobody on here knows 100% what happened between LS and PR so why is your theory any better than anyone else's.

Last edited:
I posted something a while back from a psychology book, there is a certain type of offender who does the breaking and entering as a lead up to an assault.
So, they stalk the intended assault victim by watching them, break into their house
and steal personal items...all the time a physical assault is the final, intended part of the
process. ...So for that type of offender, the stealing would be the 'inbetween'.
I believe sexually motivated assault was the intention, though I don't believe the stalking approach, the escalation was the same but with multiple victims, don't believe murder and by extension covering up was something he had even considered could happen.

I think stealing sex toys, voyeurism, stalking & flashing are very obvious pre curser type behaviours to sexual assault and murder ! Especially to the extent & confidence in which he was carrying his deeds out.

You just need to read about Joseph James DeAngelo to draw a few comparisons as to the progression of these crimes.

Also Hull Daily Mail reported last night that there is cctv of libby sitting on the bench that wasnt released by the police to the public, they have been VERY careful what they have said from the start.

Which we knew because it was reported very early on that cctv showed Libby on the bench and the man with the grey beard who approached her. Seems to be just a rehash by the HDM.

I
I think stealing sex toys, voyeurism, stalking & flashing are very obvious pre curser type behaviours to sexual assault and murder ! Especially to the extent & confidence in which he was carrying his deeds out.

You just need to read about Joseph James DeAngelo to draw a few comparisons as to the progression of these crimes.
Believe murder was definitely in his future I believe he was overly confident in himself and his abilty to sexually assault some poor girl with no consequences ..... I believe he was a few crimes away from murder he probably thought he didn't need to yet, being so confident, that confidence is what will trip him IMO as when it went wrong it was totally out of his control.

It will be forever 'Libby's Bench'

Oh this made me cry :(

I'm so upset that this was the outcome for Libby, but I'm glad she's been found. The family needed closure. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through. Just heartbreaking.

Libby's disappearance affected me right from the start, I haven't been this emotionally involved in a case since Joanna Yeates. Sadly both had such tragic conclusions.

After lurking for many years, I joined this forum to discuss Libby's disappearance. Everybody has been so exhaustive with their research, yet so respectful and compassionate. I will definitely be sticking around in this community.

Rest in peace, Libby.

I believe sexually motivated assault was the intention, though I don't believe the stalking approach, the escalation was the same but with multiple victims, don't believe murder and by extension covering up was something he had even considered could happen.

I don't suppose we'll know until the suspect gives more info or police find evidence of intention.
Burglary to steal valuable items is a rational crime ( ie. there's a material purpose) . Murder, rape, fetish burglary and voyeurism are not rational crimes, they are satisfying an irrational urge...so for me, I think don't think it's a huge leap to theorise any of the irrational crimes could occur with someone who was already engaging in that behaviour.

I don't suppose we'll know until the suspect gives more info or police find evidence of intention.
Burglary to steal valuable items is a rational crime ( ie. there's a material purpose) . Murder, rape, fetish burglary and voyeurism are not rational crimes, they are satisfying an irrational urge...so for me, I think don't think it's a huge leap to theorise any of the irrational crimes could occur with someone who was already engaging in that behaviour.
Sorry I should have been more clear I totally agree with you he was totally capable of all the crimes you state while he was feeding his urges more would want more, I just don't think murder was what his desire was THAT NIGHT,

Yes, a predatory stalker. End game is usually rape/murder. Although, if an opportunity arises for them to attack a defenceless, helpless stranger, few of these animals could resist.

Sorry I should have been more clear I totally agree with you he was totally capable of all the crimes you state while he was feeding his urges more would want more, I just don't think murder was what his desire was THAT NIGHT,

Right, I get you, I suppose it's a moot point anyway. Police will just want to prove what happened so I hope they are able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson