CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
All true. Only read also that trailer was found at his home and for some reason that translated (in my mind) as it was not used. Obviously if he took the horse out himself, then he didn't use his trailer. It would have still been out there.

If someone else did use his trailer and then return it, now we're talking about someone needing access to his keys. And if someone had nefarious intentions, that would be a bit risky, don't you think T? That tends to make me believe his trailer was not used to transport his horse the day he went missing. JMO

ETA. Link added

'No closure': Family of missing cowboy Ben Tyner appeal for more information in search

The search for Tyner was launched Jan. 28 after his horse returned alone to Nicola Ranch unscathed and with no signs of harm. He was last seen Jan. 26 and it’s believed he went out initially to search for loose cattle in the surrounding hills. His truck and trailer were still parked in his driveway when he was reported missing.

It’s been so long. Do we know who started the story that Ben went looking for stray cattle? Because that’s where my witchy nose points me.

It’s been so long. Do we know who started the story that Ben went looking for stray cattle? Because that’s where my witchy nose points me.

A ranch employee.
I hear ya........
Ben had been at NR long enough to be ready to implement changes at the beginning of 2019, imo. I also think he was brought in specifically because of his expertise, by the absentee owner that likely realized NR needed a strong manager.
If you remember, NR eliminated a few positions, including farm manager, and the hay operation was taken over by another ranch.
Makes me wonder exactly what was going on from 2017 when cuts were made to the time Ben was brought in.
Did Ben find things that ultimately led to his disappearance?
MOO

While the stray cattle story does address Ben’s absence, if it were told to me I might suspect a cowboy was “pulling my leg”. In the middle of the Cdn winter I don’t think cattle herds stray far because they require feed. Also iirc it’s mentioned Ben “often” did this on his days off. A ranch that employs ranch hands, why isn’t rounding up stray cattle a routine on-the-job duty? And is it common or effective for one cowboy on a horse to round up stray cattle, all alone? I thought it requires a minimum of two, working together.

While the stray cattle story does address Ben’s absence, if it were told to me I might suspect a cowboy was “pulling my leg”. In the middle of the Cdn winter I don’t think cattle herds stray far because they require feed. Also iirc it’s mentioned Ben “often” did this on his days off. A ranch that employs ranch hands, why isn’t rounding up stray cattle a routine on-the-job duty? And is it common or effective for one cowboy on a horse to round up stray cattle, all alone? I thought it requires a minimum of two, working together.

Exactly. And as others have stated, Ben doesn’t follow protocol on procedures when he’s known for doing so...and this is when he disappears? I have suspected foul play ever since I heard that he was safety conscious. His actions during the time he went missing are out of the norm.

I bet police have statements from people that don’t make sense.

If he did ride, I’d sooner think he was on a leisurely ride, enjoying his day off. IMO, he would have his phone to take pics, if nothing else.

Exactly. And as others have stated, Ben doesn’t follow protocol on procedures when he’s known for doing so...and this is when he disappears? I have suspected foul play ever since I heard that he was safety conscious. His actions during the time he went missing are out of the norm.

I bet police have statements from people that don’t make sense.

I agree. I think this is all going to end right where it started.. at the ranch/Ben’s house. Jmo, moo & all that stuff.
I Firmly believe RCMP has a certain suspect in mind. I pray they are watching him, lest he slip away, feeling heat.
A lot of people on ranches are itinerant, imo.

Also, with Ben’s experience, he was brought in as a “turn around manager” in my opinion. If the ranch owner felt the need for someone of Ben’s caliber to oversee things, things were not well. JMO

I wanted to reiterate, from all we know, Ben was extremely close with his little brother Jack. Reportedly, Jack visited Ben after Xmas/early January. Again imo, if Ben was having issues with a specific person, I think he would have filled Jack in. The Tyner family seemed to know, from day one, Ben was forever gone from this life. Moo
When LE kinda calls off searches......it’s not difficult to draw conclusions.

It's been so long now that Ben has been assumed dead.

I wonder who's managing the ranch now.

And did NR bring in an outsider or promote someone from within?

I think the position remains unfilled, just as it did from 2017 until Ben’s arrival last winter. Jmo
I did find openings for “ranch hands” posted. I think I linked on previous thread.

Thanks, Tru. Sounds like NR was going through lots of changes before Ben arrived.

I don't recall seeing your post about ads for ranch hands. I wish I had, as I've been wondering if there was a way I could go about checking ads to see when/if NR advertised for new ranch manager.

I should simply remember that I can ask any question here and either you, zecats, or watcher9 will provide the answer...pronto. :)

Il
Thanks, Tru. Sounds like NR was going through lots of changes before Ben arrived.

I don't recall seeing your post about ads for ranch hands. I wish I had, as I've been wondering if there was a way I could go about checking ads to see when/if NR advertised for new ranch manager.

I should simply remember that I can ask any question here and either you, zecats, or watcher9 will provide the answer...pronto. :)
l look for it.
Possibly Ben knew the ranch owner & the management position was never advertised, idk.

ETA: Looks like all NR job postings expired or were taken down. I can understand it not being the best time for them to advertise, etc. hopefully enough locals will help the owner get them calving season.

Last edited:
I think it’s highly possible that information pertaining to when or where Ben was last seen are the pieces of what’s not “quite fitting where they should fit”. If so, good chance an arrest is looming because who else would lie about something such as that, other than anyone with knowledge of Ben’s death.

“....RCMP Sgt. Janelle Shoihet says she can’t share why, but police now believe the manager of the Nicola Ranch could have been a targeted victim.

“After having taken a good look at all the pieces of the puzzle — two months of investigation — pieces are not quite fitting where they should fit.”....”

Disappearance of B.C. cowboy Ben Tyner 'likely' criminal, say RCMP
I agree with you on this. If someone told LE that they saw him at such-and-such time in some place, it may be false advertising, so to speak. Hence reason to ask for video footage. Imo

Oh yes I agree trial by Social Media is often bloody and vicious without any proof whatsoever, one reason why I refuse to support FB.

But that’s totally different than being completely honest with police through caring enough to help find someone who’s gone missing. IMO it’s the difference between demonstrating good character as opposed to selfishness. By our justice system, the accused never has to prove he or she is innocent and droppng someone off is not proof of murder.

Lying or withholding information mirrors the behaviour of guilty people. That’s a common reason why people who do so get blamed. As the old saying goes - honesty is the best policy :)
Agree with you on this as well as well. Not coming forward indicates to me something to hide.

I think it’s highly possible that information pertaining to when or where Ben was last seen are the pieces of what’s not “quite fitting where they should fit”. If so, good chance an arrest is looming because who else would lie about something such as that, other than anyone with knowledge of Ben’s death.

“....RCMP Sgt. Janelle Shoihet says she can’t share why, but police now believe the manager of the Nicola Ranch could have been a targeted victim.

“After having taken a good look at all the pieces of the puzzle — two months of investigation — pieces are not quite fitting where they should fit.”....”

Disappearance of B.C. cowboy Ben Tyner 'likely' criminal, say RCMP

Misty I think an arrest is looming, as well.
As we know, it takes time to secure search warrants & conduct numerous interviews & review video footage.
By now, LE has had time to go thru Ben’s devices. Maybe in an email he shared issues he was having with a specific person.
Or, maybe even his boss knew of issues, from phone calls or electronic transmissions.
IMO, Ben went missing due to things he discovered....
Jmo

I agree with you on this. If someone told LE that they saw him at such-and-such time in some place, it may be false advertising, so to speak. Hence reason to ask for video footage. Imo

And, as Misty mentioned, info pertinent to Ben sightings are not filling the few remaining pieces of the puzzle. IMO,
One person has lied & another person has his back, but LE knows otherwise. So, I believe there’s two people involved to a certain point. Jmo

With RCMP/SED MCU having now issued a Press Release using terms I.e. suspicious, criminality, targeted, etc, hopefully there will be a number of people reporting incidents which have now taken on a new significance.

Those people who might have heard or seen something puzzling or momentarily disconcerting in the past, but shrugged it off at the time.

Imo words like "targeted" could really change someone's perception.

With RCMP/SED MCU having now issued a Press Release using terms I.e. suspicious, criminality, targeted, etc, hopefully there will be a number of people reporting incidents which have now taken on a new significance.

Those people who might have heard or seen something puzzling or momentarily disconcerting in the past, but shrugged it off at the time.

Imo words like "targeted" could really change someone's perception.

I agree, the emphasis has suddenly shifted from a missing person who isn’t being found to a serious criminal investigation. Hopefully this will provide motivation to anyone with undisclosed information to voluntarily come forward and do the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288