MI MI - Connie Royce, 24, Mt Clemens, 1 June 1990

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Connie Lynn Royse[/h]
  • connie_lynn_royse_1.jpg
Royse, circa 1990

• Missing Since 06/01/1990
  • Missing From Mount Clemens, Michigan
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 09/22/1965 (52)
  • Age 24 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black flower-print dress.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair. Royse has a heart tattooed on her right shoulder and a bee tattooed on her right wrist. Her ears are pierced.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Royse visited the Hayloft Bar in Mount Clemens, Michigan on June 1, 1990. Her two friends told authorities that she suddenly walked away from their table during the evening hours. A security camera showed Royse exiting the establishment by herself. She has never been heard from again.

Witnesses reported an unconfirmed sighting of Royse shortly afterwards. A woman matching her description was seen standing outside Newport Apartments in Clinton Township, Michigan. Investigators said that it appeared the woman may have been at the location against her will. It is not known if the individual was Royse.

Leslie Williams was arrested after confessing to the murders of four teenagers in eastern Michigan in May 1992. There was speculation that Williams may have been involved in Royse's case, but the theory has never been proven. Royse's case remains unsolved.

Royse resided in Madison Heights, Michigan prior to her disappearance

http://charleyproject.org/case/connie-lynn-royse

Connie Royce was last seen at the Hayloft Bar in Mt. Clemens Michigan June 1 1990

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5414/

Connie was living with her parents as she was recently divorced at the time of her disappearance. The case is under the jurisdiction of the Macomb County Sheriff's department as the Mt Clemens Police department folded in 2005 and their cases were moved to the Sheriff's Department.

I did a FOIA for her missing persons report out of Madison Heights (Her parents reported her missing) and according to the FOIA, she drove to a friend's house to meet with 2 people and the trio went to the Hayloft.

At some point during the evening, Royse announced "I have to leave" and walked out of the bar. She vanished after that. the bouncers and parking attendant did not see her outside. The bar had video surveillance, almost unheard of in 1990, and there is tape of her leaving the Hayloft.

Royse's car remained at her friend's house, she was never seen or heard from again.

This is a baffling case.

Video briefly describing the disappearance with pictures of her, her parents home and bar she left.

I did find an unidentified female found in 1991 with tattoos that are a heart and what looks like could be a bee. The tattoos are listed on left side , but on right parts of body. She was found in Fla Keys. There were boots with her, that being from Michigan I thought seemed off for someone from Fla.....
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Connie was shorter and blonde, her DNA is in the system, but the tattoos are certainly interesting, but no way that is a bee on her hand.

Police investigation, podcast shine new light on decades old disappearance

Connie is seen on surveillance video walking in with her date and his friend. Investigators say she seemed happy and affectionate, but 50 minutes later, that same video shows her leaving alone.

"She decided she had to go and get out of there, no shoes on feet. Connie walks out of the bar and appears intoxicated to me and she's gone. No one's heard from her since," says Lt. Stevens.

Over the years, Lt. Stevens says police had looked into several leads, conducted witness interviews and polygraph tests, but there were no suspects. The two men she was at the Hayloft with the night of her disappearance were cleared and described by police as "forthcoming".

Just listened to this podcast. So strange the way she disappeared. I can't believe they haven't received any leads almost 30 years later.

Just listened to this podcast. So strange the way she disappeared. I can't believe they haven't received any leads almost 30 years later.
it's crazy. She disappeared so thoroughly!

I have heard that they are working some leads, but with the pandemic, I'm not sure where any of these cold cases stand right now :(

@Nina Michigan I really like listening to your podcasts. You should look into the disappearance of Cherrie Mahan from Cabot PA Feb 1985. She was 8 years old. She is the whole reason why I became an advocate for the missing and unidentified.

There are some inconsistent reports about the purse. Some sources say she left it at the bar, others say she took it with her while leaving. Did she take it with her from the bar or not? If it was what was could there have been something found inside that pointed to something?

Police investigation, podcast shine new light on decades old disappearance
On the video of entering the bar she doesn't seem to have a purse in her hands. In her dress don't seem to be pockets. She must have carried her ID somewhere......Did somebody else hold it for her, while entering? Did her boyfriend had her ID in his pocket? While exiting the bar you can see she's barefoot, and seems to carry something in her hands....it's a fracture of second visible. Most likely she is carrying her shoes. Is her purse dangling from her site...I don't see a strap.

Also from the video.
1654165719304.png

She was reported missing on 6-4-1990 by her sister on Monday 10:12 AM to the Mount Clemens Police Department.
According to this report her eye color, not stated in some missing files, seems to be blue, hair brown. 5'3 and 115 lbs

Namus states:
Original missing reported to Madison Hgts PD
Eye color: blue
Height: 5,0, Wieght: 120 lbs
Spelling of her name incorrect; Royse instead of Royce. Then in 'Circumstances of Disappearance' referring to Royce.
Hair Color: Sandy
Head Hair Description: shoulder length medium blonde hair

From Charley P. adding: Connie Lynn Royce – The Charley Project
Brown hair.
Royce has two tattoos: two names and a heart on her right shoulder, and a bumblebee on her right wrist.
Her ears are pierced and
She has a gap between her front teeth.

Also I read she had a boyfriend she spit up prior to the boyfriend she went out with. Was he looked into? And what about her ex-husband?

Then I found this on Familysearch, could be wrongly entered, coincidence...but strange

NameConnie L Bostic
AliasConnie L Royse
Prior residenceMesa, Arizona 85205
Previous Residence Postal Code85205
Second Previous Residence PlaceCottrellville, Michigan 48039
Third Previous Residence PlaceMarine City, Michigan 48039
Residence Date1 Jan 2004
ResidenceMesa, Maricopa, Arizona, United States
ResidenceMesa, Arizona, United States
DOB22 Sep 1965
Soort gebeurtenisResidence
ID-nummer huishouden160191959

John Lordan recently covered this case as part of his Uncovered series.

According to the episode, Greg and Connie, who were dating at the time, went out with "Brad" (a pseudonym) to the bar. The bar footage (admittedly some of the clearest '90s surveillance footage I've ever seen!) captures them coming in, and everything looks normal.

Greg goes to use the bathroom so it's just "Brad" and Connie. Connie then abruptly says she has to leave, and does so, barefoot. On her way out she stumbles into a wall, suggesting she was pretty drunk at the time. The trio had only been there 50 minutes, but there are reports that they may have been pregaming, and so maybe the alcohol snuck up on her?

When Greg comes out of the bathroom, he and "Brad" exit the bar to look for her but can't find her. No one outside has seen her either. (There is an unconfirmed sighting of someone resembling Connie across the street using a payphone outside of a pizzeria.) So they go back to the bar, figuring she'd return since he left her purse there. When she doesn't, they leave around 2 a.m. and report her missing that morning.

At first I suspected "Brad" upset Connie while Greg was in the bathroom (by hitting on her?). But then what? The camera doesn't catch anyone following Connie outside the bar. I assume it does capture "Brad" and Greg leaving together to look for her. So even if this did happen, there's no opportunity for him to have harmed with her without anyone noticing. LE has cleared her two friends, Greg and "Brad" , and they've been cooperative.

The other theory they bring up is the "bar lurker theory." Basically "bar lurkers" are individuals who hang out around bars alone just waiting for an opportunity, like someone who's had too much to drink and is leaving alone. I'm kinda leaning towards this theory, especially if the payphone sighting was really of her. That might've given the "bar lurker" an excuse to approach her, ask if she needed help, a ride, etc. I haven't heard if family or friends remember receiving a call from her that night, so either she didn't get to make the call, or the sighting was not Connie.

I covered this case on my podcast and I worked with the Sheriff's dept and her family when I did. Connie was pregaming. She was likely very drunk when she left.
There is exceptionally clear video of her entering and exiting the bar. The bar lurker theory was looked at and nothing found.
JMO - there are TWO suspects in her case. Both are in prison for murdering other young blondes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back