Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't help but feel really saddened and touched when I heard the positive ID of Libby. It shocked me as to how upset I felt. Even though most of us were pretty certain she was dead for the entirety of the search and investigation, I felt like we somehow got to know her a little. I found myself unable to look at photos or videos of her any more, I just found it too upsetting. For someone I never met and never knew, it's a new and odd experience for me.

Anyway, I felt compelled to show my respects so I visited the bench today.

I printed out some of your comments and wishes from this thread, and I gifted a bunch of white roses, on behalf of you all...
View attachment 175644
View attachment 175648View attachment 175649
I tied the comments and the roses to the back of the bench...
View attachment 175643

The thing that really got me, while I was tying the messages and the roses to the bench, was the smell of scented candles thick in the air. By a fluke of where the bench is, it's out of the wind, and there are lots of little candles burning there. The smell of them just broke me up, it really did.

There were 5 or 6 media vans there. And there was a couple of people walking around with BBC lanyards on. Some young lass was hovering while I was there, I did speak to her. She was from the press, radio in Leeds, and was keeping her distance, she looked terrified when I spoke to her! I told her I wasn't going to attack her, she looked relieved! I guess that there are plenty of places these reporters are sent where they are not appreciated by the locals.
View attachment 175645

Aww this really touched me.

Thank you so much for doing this it's really thoughtful of you.

I couldn't help but feel really saddened and touched when I heard the positive ID of Libby. It shocked me as to how upset I felt. Even though most of us were pretty certain she was dead for the entirety of the search and investigation, I felt like we somehow got to know her a little. I found myself unable to look at photos or videos of her any more, I just found it too upsetting. For someone I never met and never knew, it's a new and odd experience for me.

I printed out some of your comments and wishes from this thread, and I gifted a bunch of white roses, on behalf of you all...
View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

The thing that really got me, while I was tying the messages and the roses to the bench, was the smell of scented candles thick in the air. By a fluke of where the bench is, it's out of the wind, and there are lots of little candles burning there. The smell of them just broke me up, it really did.

There were 5 or 6 media vans there. And there was a couple of people walking around with BBC lanyards on. Some young lass was hovering while I was there, I did speak to her. She was from the press, radio in Leeds, and was keeping her distance, she looked terrified when I spoke to her! I told her I wasn't going to attack her, she looked relieved! I guess that there are plenty of places these reporters are sent where they are not appreciated by the locals.
View attachment 175645
Thank you for doing this, Stronts xx

View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

While I was about to leave I noticed a woman and 2 girls with some flowers. Apologies for the video being from the other side of the road, bit I didn't want to intrude.

View attachment 175645

What a beautiful thing to do.

View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

While I was about to leave I noticed a woman and 2 girls with some flowers. Apologies for the video being from the other side of the road, bit I didn't want to intrude.

View attachment 175645

You are one very kind thoughtful person x

View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

View attachment 175645
Good man

This is such a moving post, thank you for sharing.
And thanks for leaving messages on our behalf, it's such a kind and thoughtful gesture.

View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

View attachment 175645
That’s such a lovely thing to do, thank you xx

There's no sensitive way of putting this, so I'm just going to say what I'm sure everyone is thinking.... I'm wondering how long semen can be detected within a female body that has been in water for several weeks? I've tried googling, but not found anything of any use.
I also failed with google on this topic. I *think* it might still be possible.

ITV news tonight said its being treated as potential "murder". Which word should we be using here?

Treating the case as if it were already known to be murder, so as not miss any possible clues. Probably not sure how she died as yet. Jmo

Potential homicide means they will take every step as if it was a certain homicide...but that also a definitive apparent cause of death was not visible at once...imo.
I tend to agree with the first part, but just wondering why you don't think that they have the cause?

If her cause of death turns out to be drowning, not sure how any case could be brought short of confession, or video of someone pushing her into water.

I tend to agree with the first part, but just wondering why you don't think that they have the cause?

They may have by now. But maybe not initially. But i.e head injury could have been caused by a fall on rocks, etc...still need to determine any wounds were caused by another person.

View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

View attachment 175645

Thank you so much for doing this. What a beautiful gesture. The photo of the bench & ground covered in flowers & tributes makes my heart ache. It’s both touching & heartbreaking.

I wish we could’ve all been there that night to get poor Libby safely home.

Wiling to be corrected, but I think time of death is when 'declared' - ie by a doctor/pathologist when found?

ETA Cherwell is better at this ^^^^^^

It is determined that way here in Pittsburgh.

View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

View attachment 175645
Thank you so much, that was such a lovely thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer