Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's exactly right, adjourned until after any possibility of criminal charges, as the law court will do the fact finding in that case the coroner just delivers a verdict afterwards

Ah ok, thanks. For some reason, I thought that for a murder trial to go ahead, a coroner had to cite murder at inquest!

The one night Libby was refused entry into the club, found herself locked out sat on a bench in a vulnerable state, she was approached by a sexual deviant and by his own admission she was in his car then never seen again, turning up dead weeks later. He was the last person to see her alive, a suspected sexual predator. She got into his car apparently he was taking her home, yet here we are 7 weeks later she is found dead in a river. The likelihood of her having been murdered by him is high, I wouldn’t be surprised if they add a murder charge.
MOO

I thought the same at one point, until I came across conflicting evidence, so I for some reason learnt about the rules for coroners court, I've no use for the knowledge but who knows one day.

Is it possible to secure a conviction with just circumstantial evidence?
Apart from video and phone evidence. Clothing taken for forensic testing could show soil and plant samples from the area.
What else might they have?

In the law courts they will try to prove beyond reasonable doubt the time frame for death.
For example I put it to you that in the early hours of February 1st you knowingly disposed of the deceased victim solely to hide your crime
Ah yes. I was thinking more of the earlier stages, where they usually give an exclusive date range eg "between (day before victim was last seen) and (day after body discovered)".

Ah yes. I was thinking more of the earlier stages, where they usually give an exclusive date range eg "between (day before victim was last seen) and (day after body discovered)".
It's a known fact she was alive at 12.09 that morning and I'd hazard a guess if they have evidence to bring charges they will claim death occurred by 3am and will have maybe cctv footage of him going straight home and not returning to park, obviously this is just an example of how it would be presented I'm not implying I have any idea what occurred

I probably should have also said there will be no official death certificate issued with details of times and COD until after any legal proceedings in any case

Last edited:
I couldn't help but feel really saddened and touched when I heard the positive ID of Libby. It shocked me as to how upset I felt. Even though most of us were pretty certain she was dead for the entirety of the search and investigation, I felt like we somehow got to know her a little. I found myself unable to look at photos or videos of her any more, I just found it too upsetting. For someone I never met and never knew, it's a new and odd experience for me.

Anyway, I felt compelled to show my respects so I visited the bench today.

I printed out some of your comments and wishes from this thread, and I gifted a bunch of white roses, on behalf of you all...
View attachment 175644
View attachment 175648View attachment 175649
I tied the comments and the roses to the back of the bench...
View attachment 175643

The thing that really got me, while I was tying the messages and the roses to the bench, was the smell of scented candles thick in the air. By a fluke of where the bench is, it's out of the wind, and there are lots of little candles burning there. The smell of them just broke me up, it really did.

While I was about to leave I noticed a woman and 2 girls with some flowers. Apologies for the video being from the other side of the road, bit I didn't want to intrude.

There were 5 or 6 media vans there. And there was a couple of people walking around with BBC lanyards on. Some young lass was hovering while I was there, I did speak to her. She was from the press, radio in Leeds, and was keeping her distance, she looked terrified when I spoke to her! I told her I wasn't going to attack her, she looked relieved! I guess that there are plenty of places these reporters are sent where they are not appreciated by the locals.
View attachment 175645
You are a beautiful soul. I sobbed reading this, haven't been able to since the news, have just felt numb.
Am so angry and heartbroken.
But thank you, thank you so much for this.xx

Is it possible to secure a conviction with just circumstantial evidence?
Apart from video and phone evidence. Clothing taken for forensic testing could show soil and plant samples from the area.
What else might they have?
they could have skin epidermis or some type of weight used to try to keep body hidden or even binding, but it is entirely possible to convict with only circumstantial evidence it's only really the jury who see forensic evidence of any kind much more definite which is csi etc fault

@Strontium69

Such a touching, thoughtful and lovely gesture. Thank you ever so much for this & all of your hard work here, I’m genuinely touched & I hope in their darkest hour, the amount of love there is for Libby from the people of Hull, the country & even these thread’s is a small comfort to her family

X

It's a known fact she was alive at 12.09 that morning and I'd hazard a guess if they have evidence to bring charges they will claim death occurred by 3am and will have maybe cctv footage of him going straight home and not returning to park, obviously this is just an example of how it would be presented I'm not implying I have any idea what occurred
Yes, I know she was, but it's just the formula they use when suspects are charged. The dates they give are exclusive, not inclusive.
It's different once it gets to court, of course.

Last edited:
I couldn't help but feel really saddened and touched when I heard the positive ID of Libby. It shocked me as to how upset I felt. Even though most of us were pretty certain she was dead for the entirety of the search and investigation, I felt like we somehow got to know her a little. I found myself unable to look at photos or videos of her any more, I just found it too upsetting. For someone I never met and never knew, it's a new and odd experience for me.

I printed out some of your comments and wishes from this thread, and I gifted a bunch of white roses, on behalf of you all...
View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

The thing that really got me, while I was tying the messages and the roses to the bench, was the smell of scented candles thick in the air. By a fluke of where the bench is, it's out of the wind, and there are lots of little candles burning there. The smell of them just broke me up, it really did.

While I was about to leave I noticed a woman and 2 girls with some flowers. Apologies for the video being from the other side of the road, bit I didn't want to intrude.

There were 5 or 6 media vans there. And there was a couple of people walking around with BBC lanyards on. Some young lass was hovering while I was there, I did speak to her. She was from the press, radio in Leeds, and was keeping her distance, she looked terrified when I spoke to her! I told her I wasn't going to attack her, she looked relieved! I guess that there are plenty of places these reporters are sent where they are not appreciated by the locals.
View attachment 175645
What a lovely gesture, thank you for doing this.

The mood in your city must be pretty sad just now, going by how people miles away are feeling and I can’t even begin to imagine how her family are feeling.

Hope your doing ok, you’ve been very involved in providing local info for us all so thanks for that too..

View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

View attachment 175645
I have tears in my eyes writing this..from Libby went missing I've been following this case..refreshing the feed..hoping we would get news that she was found grateful for your videos@Strontium69 .I really took libby into my heart. I think we all did...thank you for going and putting the comments and flowers today at the bench

@Strontium69 this is so kind, beautiful and thoughtful.

Such a touching gesture.

The past couple of days must have been very difficult for you. Having so kindly shared with us a huge amount of video footage and information from Oak Rd and beyond, I can only imagine how emotionally involved you feel. Thank you so much for taking the time to share all our condolences. Beautiful flowers too.

View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

View attachment 175645

Thank you for doing this, thank you so so much.

View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

View attachment 175645

What a wonderfully thoughtful, compassionate guy you are. Thank you sooo much for doing this xx

View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

View attachment 175645
What a truly thoughtful thing to do Strontium to print out some of our messages about Libby from here and attach them to "Libbys bench" with the white rose of Yorkshire. Thankyou for doing that. I would so like to go to Hull and lay flowers and a message but just can't get time off work to travel at the moment. I am intending to go to Hull on my next annual leave and will lay my own flowers then. Thankyou for laying the flowers on all our behalfs Strontium and thank you for all the time you have taken to visit the local places we thought Libby could be and share your videos and photos with us to give us all a better understanding. I'm glad so many people have been to lay flowers today on what (as mommy sleuth called it) will now be forever Libbys bench.

I need to catch up on tonights thread as I have been to lay some flowers at Libbys bench, there were lots of people around and it looked beautiful. Brimming with flowers, candles, cards, poems and balloons.
It was a sad moment of relection on a beautiful young girl whos light was extingushed far too soon.

I noticed the river was very high tonight as i passed over Clough road bridge, almost at high tide and travelling back out. I stopped and took some pictures and a video to show the fullness and movement of the water. Im not sure if its macabre and insensitive to post them now though. It felt chilling stood there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288