Found Deceased UK - Liam Smith, 16, Aberdeen, Scotland, 17 Nov 2018

I was just thinking that I feel like I have a heavy heart now with them (potentially for Liam) both being found this week and the Alesha case too. Such a harsh world we live in. However, glad if the families can find closure.

I was just thinking that I feel like I have a heavy heart now with them (potentially for Liam) both being found this week and the Alesha case too. Such a harsh world we live in. However, glad if the families can find closure.

I also closely followed Alesha's case. Such a sad, sad week. But also a week of "closure" in some ways. I'm sure that's not the right word, but families are getting some answers about their loved ones.

Do we know who found the body ? Just hope that it was not a member of the public out walking etc ! Imo

Police Scotland can confirm that a body of a male has been found in a remote wooded area, south of Banchory, Aberdeenshire.

A report was received by a member of the public at around 3pm this afternoon (Friday 22 March, 2019) in the area of Craig of Affrusk.

Formal identification has yet to take place but the family of 16-year-old Liam Smith has been notified.

Enquiries are ongoing and there are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.

No further information will be released until formal identification has taken plac

North East Police Division

@Watergate

@silverjug

Police Scotland can confirm that a body of a male has been found in a remote wooded area, south of Banchory, Aberdeenshire.

A report was received by a member of the public at around 3pm this afternoon (Friday 22 March, 2019) in the area of Craig of Affrusk.

Formal identification has yet to take place but the family of 16-year-old Liam Smith has been notified.

Enquiries are ongoing and there are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.

No further information will be released until formal identification has taken plac

North East Police Division

@Watergate

@silverjug
Really feel for the por person that found the body, i presume this was an area that the police were not searching in!!!

Really feel for the por person that found the body, i presume this was an area that the police were not searching in!!!

It's about a 2h walk away from the Crathes area they were searching I believe. I'm from near the area and can confirm there's so much woodland and wilderness. It would have been really challenging to find him for police I imagine.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back