Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know - that’s why I was wondering if he would be called as a “witness” as the last person to see her, to establish state of mind and rule out other scenarios. NOT to at all explore with him any suggestion of foul play, which he hasn’t even been charged with. I know that would only happen in court. In particular, if it’s P himself putting out the story that he merely gave a lift to a crying girl. For example, would Libby’s flatmate, who put her in the taxi be called as a witness? Or even Greybeard who spoke to her? Or will it be only relatives and the people involved in finding Libby.

I think some witnesses don't have to appear but give a written statement that's read out by a clerk to the Coroner.

St. Andrews quay was rumoured to come from a source within the police, that PRs phone pinged there. I think vermont just today said the drain wouldn’t be viable as there is a sluice on the route - he included a link

Someone said St Andrews Quay. But I can't remember where I said it.
Is St Andrews Quay near the ferry terminal at all? I remember it was reported there had been a body sighting at the ferry terminal which was investigated but no body found. Is this the same place as St Andrews Quay or different?

If she was killed around Oak Road area and then her body was taken somewhere else and put in the river then wouldn't dogs and forensics have picked the fact that a dead body had been in the PRs car? The only way this makes any sense is if he used another car or had help or that he wasn't involved at all.

@Stella8 great find Stella, you’re right - 10.5 is extremely interesting .. and going from this we can maybe expect to see some charges or another post-mortem in a month - which could be indicative of a lack of evidence.

I believe that if anyone's charged in relation to her death, the accused's lawyers can request another post mortem. So it could be a while before the body is released back to an undertaker/the family for a funeral.

I think the river at Oak Rd privides a good example of that at the right time.

High tide was around 03:30 am Feb 1st I think IIRC. (somewhere back in one of the threads). That would make high tide during normal business hours - ie when Rix and Cargill are shunting drums down the river.

That in mind the body would have to have travelled almost three miles (guess including bends in the river) undetected before exiting near The Deep and into the Humber around 10am.

Im just not buying it.

I reckon its a vehicle job.

High tide was around 03:30 am Feb 1st I think IIRC. (somewhere back in one of the threads). That would make high tide during normal business hours - ie when Rix and Cargill are shunting drums down the river.

That in mind the body would have to have travelled almost three miles (guess including bends in the river) undetected before exiting near The Deep and into the Humber around 10am.

Im just not buying it.

How many vehicles?

Thank you for doing this on behalf of us all I can’t start to imagine how emotional this trip was for you as a local. Praying for Libby’s family and friends and all affected by this awful news including ourselves. This is the first case/forum I have followed on here but must say I’m touched by the compassion shown
Ditto

Its the opposite way up the Humber from the ferry terminal. Where the Hull meets the Humber turn right for st Andrews Quay and Humber bridge or left for Ferry terminal, Paull then spurn point.
Wasn't that the exact order of a body sighting first a body was reported being seen at the ferry terminal then at Paull then Spurn Point. No body was found at ferry terminal or Paull but I wonder if at each reported sighting this was Libby each time on her progression up the Humber estuary

@crazychris so say PR is not charged in a four week time frame and a further PM is done, the results of which end up with him actually being charged - his defence team can request a third PM??

how potentially sad and long drawn out for Libby’s family. For those who have lost a love one and myself in particular, from the moment of their passing to the funeral is like no-man’s land, further distress for the family :(

Im just not buying it.

1) I dont think 3 miles in 7/8 hours is impossible.

2) As had been mentioned that is assuming she was on the surface and visable the whole time.

Ill be honest i dont know a lot about it, but i know people can be hard to find even in a small stretch of water. Im thinking back to the lad who went missing in Yarm just before Libby, he was in the river Tees and it took a few days to find him despite being found close to where he dissapeared and the area been repeatedly searched.

Is St Andrews Quay near the ferry terminal at all? I remember it was reported there had been a body sighting at the ferry terminal which was investigated but no body found. Is this the same place as St Andrews Quay or different?

12 minutes by car. But it's straight line via the Humber Estuary.

@crazychris so say PR is not charged in a four week time frame and a further PM is done, the results of which end up with him actually being charged - his defence team can request a third PM??

how potentially sad and long drawn out for Libby’s family. For those who have lost a love one and myself in particular, from the moment of their passing to the funeral is like no-man’s land, further distress for the family :(

Am not sure but I think so. Maybe someone else knows?

We'd to wait 15 weeks for our daughter's funeral, from last April to July, as they couldn't find a cause of death and needed to send her heart and brain away for further tests and we didn't want a funeral without them as apparently some people do. They were willing to release her body without those and we could have had a burial but not cremation. So we waited. They issued me an interim "Fact of death" certificate for legal matters such as Probate. They still found nothing so it went down as SADS.

Last edited:
Am not sure but I think so. Maybe someone else knows?

We'd to wait 15 weeks for our daughter's funeral, from last April to July, as they couldn't find a cause of death and needed to send her heart and brain away for further tests and we didn't want a funeral without them as apparently some people do. They were willing to release her body without those and we could have had a burial but not cremation. So we waited. They still found nothing so it went down as SADS.

How traumatic for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member