Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I post a picture from face book of the long grass being cleared from alongside the river in the park ? Not sure if it’s relevant or one of our locals had mentioned it and I’ve missed it but done in the last 24 hours apparently ?

Do you know where exactly that is that's being cleared? Is it near the boathouse steps?

Am not sure but I think so. Maybe someone else knows?

We'd to wait 15 weeks for our daughter's funeral, from last April to July, as they couldn't find a cause of death and needed to send her heart and brain away for further tests and we didn't want a funeral without them as apparently some people do. They were willing to release her body without those and we could have had a burial but not cremation. So we waited. They issued me an interim "Fact of death" certificat for legal matters such as Probate. They still found nothing so it went down as SADS.
You have been through an absolute nightmare how terribly sad awful for you

There is a sluice gate where the drain meets the river, she couldnt have entered the Humber from there to my knowledge its not possible.

This is where the Barmston Drain (which runs from behind Wellesley Avenue) meets the River Hull.

Weed_Screen_on_the_Beverley_and_Barmston_Drain_-_geograph.org.uk_-_937966.jpg

1) I dont think 3 miles in 7/8 hours is impossible.

2) As had been mentioned that is assuming she was on the surface and visable the whole time.

Ill be honest i dont know a lot about it, but i know people can be hard to find even in a small stretch of water. Im thinking back to the lad who went missing in Yarm just before Libby, he was in the river Tees and it took a few days to find him despite being found close to where he dissapeared and the area been repeatedly searched.

1. I agree. Not impossible so shouldn't be excluded. However: That distance, along that stretch, in that amount of time, undetected is a reach.
2. A body would normally (not always) sink, After a period in water (a few weeks should be sufficient) it would rise due to biological reactions.

The results of the postmortem apparantly has been concluded and the police have revealed they will not be disclosing the results. (In line with criminal matters).

What we can say is that the police is treating this as a homicide.

Not much use for us Websleuths followers who have taken an interest in the case.

Nevertheless as long as justice is served for poor Libby that's all that matters. I have full confidence in Hunberside police in finding the person responsible for this. It is a dispicable crime and has upset many.

Am not sure but I think so. Maybe someone else knows?

We'd to wait 15 weeks for our daughter's funeral, from last April to July, as they couldn't find a cause of death and needed to send her heart and brain away for further tests and we didn't want a funeral without them as apparently some people do. They were willing to release her body without those and we could have had a burial but not cremation. So we waited. They issued me an interim "Fact of death" certificate for legal matters such as Probate. They still found nothing so it went down as SADS.
I am very sorry to read of yours and your family's painful loss of your daughter Chris.
Sincere warm thoughts are with you.

I am very sorry to read of yours and your family's painful loss of your daughter Chris.
Sincere warm thoughts are with you.

Thanks. Don't want to derail the thread and make it about me but we know first hand what her poor parents are going through. You can't go to work, eat, sleep, go out, your whole life is torn apart. Even worse for them as they'll know she may have been murdered. How do you ever recover from that?

Thanks. Don't want to derail the thread but we know first hand what her poor parents are going through. You can't go to work, eat, sleep, go out, your whole life is torn apart. Even worse for them as they'll know she may have been murdered. How do you ever recover from that?
How traumatic, I think only those like yours Chris and Libbys family, who have survived such tragedy can truly understand its effects on the heart, body and mind. The only positive thing I can imagine...when the present cannot be rewound, is to refuse to be a prisoner of something or someone bad that took a loved ones physical life away, but instead to carry those loving and happy memories and her legacy with you, as you continue on Lifes journey. Allowing her inner light to shine and live on through you. Whether it be.... one of her best traits, or an experience she never got try, or a message that her life and experiences left which can help or heal others in this world.

I am speaking from my heart not head only, so please forgive me if this doesn't make complete sense, or if some feel its not the right thing to say. :)

Last edited:
@Strontium69 I wanted to say thank you so much for leaving the flowers and our messages. I read mine on there. I am originally from Yorkshire and my family are from Grimsby and Hull and I felt such a connection to Libby because of that and also I have a daughter just a few weeks younger than Libby and it could have been her. This has affected her to the extent she will now not get dunk and get in a taxi alone anymore. I wanted to go and lay some flowers myself, but I am disabled and don’t get out of my house, so what you did means so much to me.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for the videos you made, even causing you to have an accident on your bike and getting injured. The videos were so helpful. I also want to thank all of the Hull and local to Hull members who have provided so much information, pictures and videos. It has been a lovely thread to be a part of and it has made me see that in the current difficult world we live in there really are some good people.

And for Liberty Anna “Libby” you have been found and your family can have you back and I hope the questions as to what happened to you get answered and that you can rest in peace xx

@hitthenick The reason why donation funds links aren’t allowed here is because there are so many murder victims and missing people’s families needing financial help that we couldn’t possibly help everybody and we would feel guilty about being able to help one family but not the other. People should also be able to come here without feeling obligated to make donations to different causes. You can state that there is a fund that people can Google themselves if they wish to donate you just aren’t allowed to post links to it.

I took @Strontium69 lead and made a donation to the RNLI from all of us here. I stated from WS (not sure I could use the full name) Libby Squire Thread! I am so grateful that Stront put our messages and flowers on Libby’s bench and keep reading your post over and over again as it is so touching. Thank you @CoverMeCagney for giving us the information for RNLI. I am in the US but PayPal made it very easy.

I took @Strontium69 lead and made a donation to the RNLI from all of us here. I stated from WS (not sure I could use the full name) Libby Squire Thread! I am so grateful that Stront put our messages and flowers on Libby’s bench and keep reading your post over and over again as it is so touching. Thank you @CoverMeCagney for giving us the information for RNLI. I am in the US but PayPal made it very easy.

Thank you so much, I hesitated about posting it but am glad I did. The work they do - unpaid - and the things they see must be so tough, emotional and consuming, not to mention being out in physically rough and dangerous conditions. Those guys will have been hoping Libby was found just as much as we did, but to them it became a horrible reality.

So thank you, all of you, who have donated to the RNLI. I'm happy to know we can at least do something tangible in Libby's name.

I couldn't help but feel really saddened and touched when I heard the positive ID of Libby. It shocked me as to how upset I felt. Even though most of us were pretty certain she was dead for the entirety of the search and investigation, I felt like we somehow got to know her a little. I found myself unable to look at photos or videos of her any more, I just found it too upsetting. For someone I never met and never knew, it's a new and odd experience for me.

Anyway, I felt compelled to show my respects so I visited the bench today.

I printed out some of your comments and wishes from this thread, and I gifted a bunch of white roses, on behalf of you all...
View attachment 175644
View attachment 175648View attachment 175649
I tied the comments and the roses to the back of the bench...
View attachment 175643

The thing that really got me, while I was tying the messages and the roses to the bench, was the smell of scented candles thick in the air. By a fluke of where the bench is, it's out of the wind, and there are lots of little candles burning there. The smell of them just broke me up, it really did.

While I was about to leave I noticed a woman and 2 girls with some flowers. Apologies for the video being from the other side of the road, bit I didn't want to intrude.

There were 5 or 6 media vans there. And there was a couple of people walking around with BBC lanyards on. Some young lass was hovering while I was there, I did speak to her. She was from the press, radio in Leeds, and was keeping her distance, she looked terrified when I spoke to her! I told her I wasn't going to attack her, she looked relieved! I guess that there are plenty of places these reporters are sent where they are not appreciated by the locals.
View attachment 175645

Strontium69 I have been following Libby’s story on Websleuths for several weeks but have not long signed up. I just want to thank you for all you’ve done trying to help find Libby & in helping us all understand the local area & again today for the lovely gesture of laying flowers on behalf of us all here. Also big thanks to Vermont and Joelle for all they have done too, you really are all amazing selfless people. I am writing this with a very heavy heart even though I’m not local....Libby has touched the hearts of the nation. What we all need now is to see Justice done for Libby & her family. R.I.P Libby squire.....shine bright like a diamond xx

Do I understand correctly that she could have gone into the river at the park near her home, and it drains into the river where she was found?

It seems that suicide would be ruled out with all the eye witness accounts of hearing something at the park and seeing a single person leaving the park - am I remembering that correctly?

"The investigation into her disappearance - which had officially remained a missing person’s inquiry - is now expected to be turned into a murder case.

She was last seen getting into a taxi at Hull’s Welly Club and is thought to have arrived at her student digs in the city’s Wellesley Avenue at about 11:30pm that night. She was then spotted on CCTV near a bench on Beverley Road 10 minutes later.

Crucially, perhaps, the River Hull, which drains into the Humber Estuary, flows just 300 yards from Ms Squire’s university digs."​

Body found in Grimsby is missing student Libby Squire, police say

St. Andrews quay was rumoured to come from a source within the police, that PRs phone pinged there. I think vermont just today said the drain wouldn’t be viable as there is a sluice on the route - he included a link

Wasn't that also close to where that abandoned car - similar to the second car on the Haworth Street vid - was found? I remember posting about it as someone on SM had thought might be linked and had notified police.

Edit:
This was what it was -

MsMiniSleuth said:
Was this other car possibly a Megane? I know we can't link Twitter but just noticed someone - think Polish - had tweeted police with pic of abandoned car in Melton and saying they should look at that CCTV footage again.

Melton. 9 mins by car from St Andrews Quay. Probably nothing. One of the many red herrings in this case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member