CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the same thing happened with a fountain made by Metro Sheet Metal, they made a fountain, it was installed and then whatever company did a chargeback later, do you think Joey would have required MSM to pay him back? And do you think that would have been the correct thing to do?
If MSM behaved the way that Chase behaved—-ignoring clients calls and missing appointmrnts etc—-then it would be a similar situation for MSM and Joey wouldn’t expectbtonpsybthem in case of a chargeback

I get all of that... but the majority of the fountain WAS installed, right? 85% of it apparently. The woman wouldn't send the Final payment and that is in the agreement. Was Chase supposed to go in there and install it for free, without final payment going to Joey? Joey repeatedly asked her for payment and she didn't send it. He got the run around with the first 50%, that should have been his first clue JMO Even if the fountain had been finished, who is to say that she wouldn't have done a chargeback on the full amount then?

The fact that this business was only open for 3 months also tells me her business ethic. JMO
Is there a link to anywhere that says exactly how much of the fountain was completed, TIA.

I can't link it since the link has already been removed I think, but it was $32,620 including installation. I will say JMO though since I can't link and it wasn't something presented in the trial.
Thanks missy. I know about the link, just wondered if that information has been verified elsewhere? And yeah, i guess it probably won't factor in at the trial as the whole motive for the murders. And IMO that Provecho deal was a couple of years before the murders, so don't really think it had anything to do with the murders anyway. IMO.

The failure of the Provecho job as I understood from those emails was that Lauren insisted they started the install before they should have done, then refused to pay the balance so they didn't complete the job. She was stalling them on the minor point of where the Provecho name was to be placed.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying. But think about the implications, what purpose would it serve for Dan to forward that email thread from almost 2 years before that incidently has Chase bringing in the trial for his life 9 years later?

What can be determined is if Chase opened the email and when. But why didn't he tell detectives "Look, I got this email from Joseph on the 24th!!"?
What difference does it make whether or when Chase opened the email? And why would he tell the detectives about it? Do you mean Chase should have let LE know that the Paypal account existed, which they didn't know at that time?

The court was ready to hear the defense. They said they had no witnesses ready a few times
Between the lack of witnesses and repeated extra long pauses in questioning since the defense started, it makes me think they really don't have it together and/or scrambling to assert damage control.

They should lay their cards on the table and walk away at this point. Even a gambler knows when to fold them, and when to walk away. And know when to run.

Last edited:
What difference does it make whether or when Chase opened the email? And why would he tell the detectives about it? Do you mean Chase should have let LE know that the Paypal account existed, which they didn't know at that time?
It makes all the difference in the world of this case. They disappeared on February 4th and he received it on the 24th, when everyone was looking for them.

The silence is deafening.

Did he though? I remember he said he checked his credit report through TRW but that's all I recall, nothing about emails.
I may be incorrect about the video/interview where he said it, but he mentioned checking Joey's stuff to see if he could figure out where they went or what was going on - because "I'm family I'm the brother", he also mentioned knowing Joey's password "because he has always used the same one".

I may be incorrect about the video/interview where he said it, but he mentioned checking Joey's stuff to see if he could figure out where they went or what was going on - because "I'm family I'm the brother", he also mentioned knowing Joey's password "because he has always used the same one".
Well I guess I'll have to check that out. He did take the laptop but couldn't use it because he didn't have the right cord.

Even so, why would he forward the email if he did? It defies logic.

Well I guess I'll have to check that out. He did take the laptop but couldn't use it because he didn't have the right cord.

I don't have any idea whether he did (or why), I was just pointing out that he mentioned the computer(s) and checking to see if he'd left messages to anyone about going away for a week, etc. I didn't think about it much because it seemed like a logical thing for family to do.

No one would need Joey's laptop to get into a hotmail account. All that is needed was a password. I can't recall how easy it would have been back then, but IIRC doing a "forgot password" would have sent to an alternate email address (my kids always had my email as their alternate lol), or answering questions and then the password could be reset.

It makes all the difference in the world of this case. They disappeared on February 4th and he received it on the 24th, when everyone was looking for them.

The silence is deafening.

Too easy to get the right cord. What does this email prove in your opinion and why does it defy logic?
I don't understand why MM wouldn't forward it to CM if CM asked him for it.

No one would need Joey's laptop to get into a hotmail account. All that is needed was a password. I can't recall how easy it would have been back then, but IIRC doing a "forgot password" would have sent to an alternate email address (my kids always had my email as their alternate lol), or answering questions and then the password could be reset.
Well if you had the computer, the password could have pre-filled, having been saved in the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member