Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be right. I cannot see her getting in the car unless there was some logic to it - fallen over, grazed knees etc etc. This would also be after gb offered to help so she might have thought best to get lift home. All speculative of course - he might have used other means.
See, I rather assumed that she fell, or had fallen (ie in distress), when the grey-bearded man stopped to help her. It seems the most obvious reason to make someone actually stop their car.

Were we ever told about the analysis of PR’s car?
I am suspicious about his glasses....
Will they keep tight lipped now until a court case, or will we hear more evidence?
Do you think that PR’s wife has testified against him? Can she? Where is she? Can his family be brought over from Poland to give evidence?

Maybe she fell and that’s why Grey Beard stopped but then after he left the injury started getting worse, she’d been out in the cold for a while and so was more likely to accept an offer from PR. Perhaps if there was a cut, he said he had some wipes in the car for his children and that she should clean the cut. Or he just said sit in the car to get warm and hadn’t mentioned driving her anywhere. Then once she was in the car, he drove off. If she’d hurt her hand/arm it would also make it harder for her to do anything to stop him driving off (feels so sad to type this)

I know this is all pure speculation, but it’s always bothered me as to what made her get in the car, especially as we don’t know how good his English is.

Since we are well back to discussing theories i will attempt to post the pictures of the river i took/ ones i found for comparison for those who arent local.

This first picture is the double bridges at clough rd, over the River Hull. This is just downstream from Oak Rd. (If anyone can help with markers on a map that would be great) it shows the river at a relatively low level.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-22-21-44-21.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-22-21-44-21.png
    426.8 KB · Views: 96
Were we ever told about the analysis of PR’s car?
No. We haven't been told anything at all, as far as I recall.
I am suspicious about his glasses....
Will they keep tight lipped now until a court case, or will we hear more evidence?
Nothing will be made public before any trial, unless the police think the public may be able to help with something.
I don't think his glasses are significant. Like many people, he may need them for some situations but not others.

I have to respectfully disagree about Libby being one of PR's Outraging Public Decency or Voyeurism victims. Surely if she recognised him as the guy who was doing... things on her street, or been watching her, she wouldn't get in the car with him even if he offered her help (if she was injured) or to take her back to Welly to get her key (if she'd forgot it).

This is the picture i took last night while standing on the far bridge. If you look at the banks there is around a foot visible anf this was 90 minutes after the high tide. In comparison to being able to see 8ft (ish of the banks in pic 1. I hope this makes sense to help non locals appreciate just how much water moves in a short amount of time. There are bends and meanders along the way but this is why i dont think its impossible LS entered the water at oak rd.

Attachments

• 20190322_203621.jpg
    20190322_203621.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 104
I have to respectfully disagree about Libby being one of PR's Outraging Public Decency or Voyeurism victims. Surely if she recognised him as the guy who was doing... things on her street, or been watching her, she wouldn't get in the car with him even if he offered her help (if she was injured) or to take her back to Welly to get her key (if she'd forgot it).

I mostly agree with that. Unless she didn't know it was him.

I wonder if Libby had a part-time job, eg bar or shop work. It's a situation where she might be familiar with a regular customer without really knowing them.

Libby's mum did say in her Facebook post she had a job.

I wasn't sure if she meant when she was at home or at Uni.

Last edited:
Just getting caught up here. I figured she was in the estuary:

Post 13:
UK - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

“margarita25
Continuing from the last thread with the mapping and terrain aspects:

“The Humber Estuary.
The Humber is a North Sea inlet on the East coast of England and it is one of the major deepwater estuaries in the U.K. The deepwater channel is 22 miles (35 kms.) long from the open sea at Spurn Point to Kingston Upon Hull. Further upstream at low tide there are many sandbanks that are exposed restricting navigation to smaller vessels. The Humber starts at the juncture of the River Ouse and the River Trent, and at this point it is approximately 1 mile (1.6km) wide. It increases its width until at its mouth, 37 miles (59 kms.) to the east, it is about 8 miles (13 kms.) wide between North Lincolnshire and Kilnsea, East Yorkshire with Spurn Head jutting out nearly 4 miles (6.4 kms.) into the estuary.
Humber EstuaryThe Humber with its canals and tributaries, (which include the rivers Hull, Ancholme, Derwent, Ouse and Trent) run off an area of 9,550 square miles (24,750 square kms.), which is about 20% of the total land area in England. This provides the largest single output of fresh water from Britain into the North Sea.
The Humber is a large tidal estuary and extremely turbid, the estuary has a brown appearance due to this high turbidity, and is often thought of as a dirty river. This is not so, the Humber is healthy and there are many Nature Conservation areas and important Nature Reserves in and around it. The waters of the estuary are heavily laden with sediment, which comes from marine and riverine sources and the eroding boulder clay of the Holderness coast. This sediment keeps extensive inter tidal flats and forms mud and sand bars that make semi-permanent islands along the shores, sand dunes and small lagoons can also be found. At low tide vast expanses of mud flats are exposed. These are one of the Humbers important habitats for millions of invertebrates, that provide a food source for many other species. Further upstream as the salinity decreases extensive reed beds fringe the estuary. Therefore the estuary supports a vast collection of wildlife and natural habitats from salt marsh and samphire beds to sub tidal sandbanks and many species of fish, birds are also a well known feature of the Humber, with many species of International importance using the Estuary.“

RiverHumber.com - Home”

This was when I was getting teased:

One member’s response:
“Thanks for the geography lesson, can you tell us about oxbow lakes tomorrow? x”
I feel for you - it's really frustrating when one's ideas/theories are dismissed by others. I've had the same ('there are no houses near the park, no-one could have heard screams'... 'that neighbour who heard the sound of a gate banging shut lived 100m away'... etc etc). We have to rise above it, I'm afraid.

To my mind, if LS had a need to get into a car with a stranger that makes it more likely than simply accepting a lift. As you say, MSM has reported that she'd fallen previously closer to her home, as witnessed by neighbours. It's not unrealistic to think that one of those, or any subsequent falls, might necessitate some medical attention.

Hopefully there is enough CCTV between Beverley Road and what we haven't seen of the Haworth St footage for LE to have a clear idea of the circumstances.
Or it could just be she was cold and tired. And crying because she'd realised the bus wasn't running. It was -5 and she wanted to go home and be warm.

And the genuine good Samaritan had a grey Beard and looked older and scarier whilst PR and looked young and inoffensive. I think if she'd needed medical attention grey Beard would have called someone.

I still think if she'd been bleeding he'd have said that to his sister. Cuts or medical reasons would have sounded like better reasons to pick her up. But he told his sister 'crying girl'.

My guess (partly from something that appeared in MSM) was he claimed to be a taxi driver, albeit the unlicensed sort they're told to avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member