GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rzucek family indicated that they would rejected the plea, had then been privy to all the details at the time.

I think this would have been a mistake.

The trial would be two years away, would be followed by decades of appeals, and would end in the same result.

No death penalty.

It would have merely been symbolic, and likely would have increased the pain and suffering of Shanann’s family.

Within the next couple years, I fully expect all (three) Colorado death sentences to be commuted to life in prison.

CW would have never been put to death regardless.
I agree on all points..except I think he could have gotten that death penalty once a jury heard that he drove those girls alive, with their dead mother under their feet, killed CiCi in front of her sister and then heard lil Bella's last words before he killed her too.
If you don't get the death penalty after that...wow.
The only thing left would have been to have a family bonfire...and I think he was going to do just that but messed up on time and other people being around.

I do agree with everything else you said though..it's just as well.

I agree on all points..except I think he could have gotten that death penalty once a jury heard that he drove those girls alive, with their dead mother under their feet, killed CiCi in front of her sister and then heard lil Bella's last words before he killed her too.
The only thing left would have been to have a family bonfire...and I think he was going to do just that but messed up on time and other people being around.

Oh, I do believe he would have been sentenced to death, but there’s absolutely no way it would ever be carried out.

A death sentence ain’t a real death sentence in Colorado.

The Rzucek family indicated that they would rejected the plea, had then been privy to all the details at the time.

I think this would have been a mistake.

The trial would be two years away, would be followed by decades of appeals, and would end in the same result.

No death penalty.

It would have merely been symbolic, and likely would have increased the pain and suffering of Shanann’s family.

Within the next couple years, I fully expect all (three) Colorado death sentences to be commuted to life in prison.

CW would have never been put to death regardless.
I don’t think Mrs Rzucek would have supported the death penalty even w/this new info but Mr Rzucek would have happily flipped the switch himself.

I don’t think Mrs Rzucek would have supported the death penalty even w/this new info but Mr Rzucek would have happily flipped the switch himself.

Can you even imagine? They lived with him for months. They loved him like a son.

Really, his life serves no purpose. I do not see that he has anything in himself that is redeemable. He is severely damaged .

I am not sure anyone feels good about killing someone else if they are not a sociopath. Even killing an evil one probably affects people

If he had gone to trial I think his defense would've had to stick with his story that Shannan killed the girls. I doubt a jury would have ever heard his "story" about the girls still being alive. He didn't come up with that until after he took the plea and was imprisoned for the rest of his pathetic disgusting life.

CW is a narcissistic lying liar who lies. He probably would have stayed with the defense of SW killed the girls but it would have been to his detriment as the savvy prosecution would very quickly pick holes in that story.
MOO

You know, I assume they did not fit each other, or maybe she was controlling his money, his time...it is all possible. Humans.

However, if CW was not happy after the first kid, he should have just turned and left SW. If he was not happy after the second one, it was still an option. But why have the third one (to cement a marriage? I understand it was his recipe to fix an unhappy marriage), and then kill a pregnant woman and two young children? In what universe is this a plausible way to deal with the family?

There are many people who'd say, "I an unhappy in the marriage. I made a mistake. But for the kids, I stay". Likewise, there are some who'd say, "I am done with you". But to create a family and then destroy it.. is still unthinkable.

I think people in jail who were advising him on suicide could be serious. Because you may be a criminal, a drug dealer, and still have a certain moral code, the sense of shame. So maybe there guys could not imagine how he had no shame to stay alive?
JMO. He had a built-in criminal mind that hadn't surfaced at that time. For the time being he dealt with it
NK said he felt she didn't listen to him and that went on for 6 yrs. they were married for 8 yrs and 6 of those yrs he claimed SW didn't listen to him. That was 2 yrs after their marriage and I believe that's when Bella was born. (He said she was always on her phone and didn't listen to him)
So maybe he never really cared that much for kids.
Doctors had told SW she'd never have kids maybe that's why he married her. Maybe it wasnt enough of a problem to make him want a divorce so their lives went on
Enter the affair and NK. His criminal brain got triggered. Funny how he told LE he wishes he could see NK one more time so he could apologize for all he put her thru. Say what?
He doesn't say he's sorry for killing his family and for all the people he's hurt , just NK because she is the only person that means anything to him

The same folks who would buy the house. I don’t get it, but there are some people who aren’t bothered by things like that.

The house wouldn't bother me. To me, the house holds just as much good energy as it does bad-maybe more. The house was SW's home and she made it a good place to live. It was her domain and I believe that positive energy can outweigh negative. We live in a house where people were murdered; the former owners (the man's parents were murdered here) told us that he was GLAD when we bought it. He said they would've been glad to have laughter, music, and children back in the house again. He said that driving past the house and seeing toys in the yard, Christmas tree in the window, etc offered him some peace and felt much better than driving past it and seeing it empty and dark.

The truck, though? No. That was CW's. SW was full of light (#shinelikeShanann) and love. CW was not. I wouldn't want anything that was "his."

CW is a narcissistic lying liar who lies. He probably would have stayed with the defense of SW killed the girls but it would have been to his detriment as the savvy prosecution would very quickly pick holes in that story.
MOO
Right. This is one mess Mother couldn't sweep under the rug for him. As much she wanted him to stick to that Pile of manure,because she didn't give damn if he faced the death penalty. Yet she's all boohoo about how prison will be for Him.
Their claim that he 'found God' is laughable.
He's still not telling the whole truth. He claims Shannan threatened he'll never see his kids again. She didn't fight him, as if she wanted him to snuff her life out,so it's ok. Then he killed their precious baby girls because he was upset about never seeing them again.
As long as Chris can put blame on Shannan for him 'snapping' it's all good,because anything else will tarnish Mother's image of perfect son, perfect Mother.
MOO

Maybe they weren't wearing seatbelts.
Of course. Maybe he was lying that he used seat belts on the kids he was shortly going to murder anyway; maybe he put them in the same belt and then they could lie on each other's laps; maybe he didn't use seat belts at all, maybe he put them on top of SW; maybe he killed them as he put them in the truck; maybe he killed them when he stopped at the dumpster.
The point I was making is that the truck is large and wide, the kids very small, and IMO if they were in separate seat belts they could not have lain in each other's laps as he maintained. (even if there were 3 seatbelts in the jump seat)

Last edited:
Right. This is one mess Mother couldn't sweep under the rug for him. As much she wanted him to stick to that Pile of manure,because she didn't give damn if he faced the death penalty. Yet she's all boohoo about how prison will be for Him.
Their claim that he 'found God' is laughable.
He's still not telling the whole truth. He claims Shannan threatened he'll never see his kids again. She didn't fight him, as if she wanted him to snuff her life out,so it's ok. Then he killed their precious baby girls because he was upset about never seeing them again.
As long as Chris can put blame on Shannan for him 'snapping' it's all good,because anything else will tarnish Mother's image of perfect son, perfect Mother.
MOO
When questioned a bit further by the CBI/FBI he clarified that she had said that "before", ie days previously, re not seeing the kids again. It was not a rage trigger as he is insinuating, but then he always lies.

<modsnip - removed a quote from a deleted post>

I think he may have given them oxy pills. They were readily available to him, he googled them, and it would have slowed their respiratory system. I think perhaps that's why Bella struggled. He may have forced her to take them minutes before the car ride? They would have been subdued during the car ride (if not already near death/respiratory distress). Maybe that is why he brought those black trash bags to finish the job? So he wouldn't have to look at them as they were dying. Which would explain the lack of fiver evidence from the blankets.

I am not buying the girls were fully awake with their deceased mother on the floor of the truck.

Submerging them in oil would have allowed the oxycodone to go undetected in their system after 4 days right? Any medical professionals care to weigh in? I can't imagine anything more horrific.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he may have given them oxy pills. They were readily available to him, he googled them, and it would have slowed their respiratory system. I think perhaps that's why Bella struggled. He may have forced her to take them minutes before the car ride? They would have been subdued during the car ride (if not already near death/respiratory distress). Maybe that is why he brought those black trash bags to finish the job? So he wouldn't have to look at them as they were dying. Which would explain the lack of fiver evidence from the blankets.

I am not buying the girls were fully awake with their deceased mother on the floor of the truck.

Submerging them in oil would have allowed the oxycodone to go undetected in their system after 4 days right? Any medical professionals care to weigh in? I can't imagine anything more horrific.
Maybe he killed Cece in the house. Note there is hardly any detail about her, she doesn't speak up, there is only one shadow, he really doesn't reference her at all except "Cece was first". Yep, I think she was, I think he killed her and tossed her in the jump seat by Bella. Also she was wearing a diaper that she usually took off first thing in the morning. He said twice she was walking around the house with Bella, so vague, but she probably would have taken off the diaper had she really been walking around so much. She said nothing on the trip, no nada. I tend to think he left Bella for last because he had more of an affinity for her.

As I mentioned earlier, IMO, there is no way, as pressed for time as he was, that he made 2 trips up to the oil tanks across the parking lot from where he was, one trip, IMO.

He did say that Bella asked if he was going to do the same thing to her, but she could have been referring to what he did to Cece in the house.

Last edited:
... I wonder now if he had a job in the past where he didn't feel respected or if that's why he left his job in NC
I think that Chris was quite passive and would have stayed at whatever job he had, until retirement. It’s my opinion that Shanann was the one who wanted to move and follow her friends to CO. I don’t think Chris had that kind of initiative.

JMO

The house wouldn't bother me. To me, the house holds just as much good energy as it does bad-maybe more. The house was SW's home and she made it a good place to live. It was her domain and I believe that positive energy can outweigh negative. We live in a house where people were murdered; the former owners (the man's parents were murdered here) told us that he was GLAD when we bought it. He said they would've been glad to have laughter, music, and children back in the house again. He said that driving past the house and seeing toys in the yard, Christmas tree in the window, etc offered him some peace and felt much better than driving past it and seeing it empty and dark.

The truck, though? No. That was CW's. SW was full of light (#shinelikeShanann) and love. CW was not. I wouldn't want anything that was "his."
Mtnlites, great post. I know we’re in the minority but except for the very end it was a happy house with lots of joy and SW loved it. I think she would be happy knowing another family loved it too and called it home. I don’t know what I think of curses and ghosts, but if I believed in them I’d also believe in positive forces. And Shan’ann Bella and CeCe’s energy was nothing but positive. If there’s any remnant of anything in that house I would say the occupants would have angels watching out for them.

I understand why someone wouldn’t want to live there but I really hope a family who might not otherwise be able to afford that nice house in a good neighborhood moves in and lives happily ever after (and despite what happened, it’s a wonderful neighborhood with wonderful people).

As far as the truck goes, I think Anadarko should take a cue from the Rzuceks and donate it to a charity that needs it very badly. IMO that too would make SW smile.

Maybe he killed Cece in the house. Note there is hardly any detail about her, she doesn't speak up, there is only one shadow, he really doesn't reference her at all except "Cece was first". Yep, I think she was, I think he killed her and tossed her in the jump seat by Bella. Also she was wearing a diaper that she usually took off first thing in the morning. He said twice she was walking around the house with Bella, so vague, but she probably would have taken off the diaper had she really been walking around so much. She said nothing on the trip, no nada. I tend to think he left Bella for last because he had more of an affinity for her.

As I mentioned earlier, IMO, there is no way, as pressed for time as he was, that he made 2 trips up to the oil tanks across the parking lot from where he was, one trip, IMO.

He did say that Bella asked if he was going to do the same thing to her, but she could have been referring to what he did to Cece in the house.

So funny you said this because I was just writing this post..

Something has been bothering me about the "girls were alive" story. Several times, at different points of confession, CW mentions Bella waking up.

He said she kept waking up that night asking when her mom would be home, and then he mentions she woke up as he was wrapping her in the sheet. I didn't listen to full audio so not sure if he mentions anything about CeCe being awake or saying anything, but I do remember Bella.

Another thing, there's no autopsy evidence to show that CeCe fought back.. It's as almost if she was knocked out sleeping when he smothered her. However, Bella does show evidence of fighting back.

So either, CeCe really was sleeping and knocked out in the car or he killed her at home while sleeping. But doesn't make sense why he would kill CeCe there and then keep Bella alive as she rode in the car with her mother and sister dead.

I just can't imagine "firecracker" CeCe not fighting back if she was totally awake and cognizant of what was happening.

Also, we have to remember that he took their blankets and stuffed animals with them. I don't believe that was an attempt at making it look like SW left with the kids and their blankets because he literally left everything of SW at home.. Phone, watch, purse all of it (obviously to clean up after work not knowing cops would already be there).. So if not for a cover up attempt, then they had to be taken for comfort. That's one detail that really has me thinking that he did kill the girls at the oil field, but CeCe may have truly been sleeping. IIRC, he took CeCe's blanket. So, maybe it was because she was sleeping or dozing off.

MOO

So funny you said this because I was just writing this post..

Something has been bothering me about the "girls were alive" story. Several times, at different points of confession, CW mentions Bella waking up.

He said she kept waking up that night asking when her mom would be home, and then he mentions she woke up as he was wrapping her in the sheet. I didn't listen to full audio so not sure if he mentions anything about CeCe being awake or saying anything, but I do remember Bella.

Another thing, there's no autopsy evidence to show that CeCe fought back.. It's as almost if she was knocked out sleeping when he smothered her. However, Bella does show evidence of fighting back.

So either, CeCe really was sleeping and knocked out in the car or he killed her at home while sleeping. But doesn't make sense why he would kill CeCe there and then keep Bella alive as she rode in the car with her mother and sister dead.

I just can't imagine "firecracker" CeCe not fighting back if she was totally awake and cognizant of what was happening.

Also, we have to remember that he took their blankets and stuffed animals with them. I don't believe that was an attempt at making it look like SW left with the kids and their blankets because he literally left everything of SW at home.. Phone, watch, purse all of it (obviously to clean up after work not knowing cops would already be there).. So if not for a cover up attempt, then they had to be taken for comfort. That's one detail that really has me thinking that he did kill the girls at the oil field, but CeCe may have truly been sleeping. IIRC, he took CeCe's blanket. So, maybe it was because she was sleeping or dozing off.

MOO
Remember when Tammy (IIRC) asked him what toys they took with them, he didn't know. She mentioned a barking dog toy, he said yeah. He was also vague about just which blankets the girls brought along until he described killing Cece in the car with the Yankees blanket or one of that color.

He mentioned only, IIRC, that Cece was "walking around the house" with Bella. He put much more emphasis and remembered details of Bella's reactions, I don't recall his saying one single thing about Cece, regarding her crying, talking, reacting, peeing on the seat in her wet diaper......

As I mentioned above, it does make sense to me that he would leave Bella for last. He mentioned how her last words were in "that soft little voice she always used" (IIRC).

Why were there not 2 shadows of the girls? Sure, he could have carried Cece, sleeping, into the truck. Or he could have simply smothered her in the house as he previously, falsely described SW doing. Then he could have just not been able to do it to Bella until he used up an hour driving to the tanks.

Yes I know I am giving him human qualities, I just think he liked Bella better than anyone in the house.

Why did he say so little about Cece?

Last edited:
When questioned a bit further by the CBI/FBI he clarified that she had said that "before", ie days previously, re not seeing the kids again. It was not a rage trigger as he is insinuating, but then he always lies.
True. And he is clearly lying about her ever saying he wouldn't see his kids again because he explained further what she said about 50/50 custody or maybe moving back to NC because she couldn't afford CO on her own. He basically repurposed the same lie to explain his 'rage' that he planned to use to explain why his family went 'missing'. He is obviously too stupid recognize the logical inconsistencies in his own lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth