Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Just seeing how the killer has handled this so far leads me to believe he will take it to trial and waste everyone’s time as well as taxpayer money. I would suspect he’s of the belief nothing is truly his fault and all sense of right/wrong doesn’t exist within him.

Then once on death row, he will use his full appeals and grind the criminal justice system until maybe one day society gets fortunate and they strap him down.

Poor Amberly, so many of the adults around her failed her in the worst possible ways. She is the only victim here. Cannot imagine the horror she went through. Heart breaks over and again each time I think about it.

I think one of the reasons why I feel so strongly about this one and wish lethal injection on this waste of space and some of the adults who I feel indirectly let this happen is because I have a son Amberly’s age and daughter a few years younger.

Whenever I read WS, I try to be impartial and stick to factual arguments but I just can’t in this one.
I don't think he will last long on death row, this is the kind of disgusting waste of human flesh that even the hard core criminals hate. He's a sick pedophile (among other things I can't say publicly).

Has anyone found out when his next court appearance is? LE kept this last one quiet IMO.
Drive-by Posting!

I was trying to find when Grand Jury hearings are scheduled in the 9th District but didn't find anything during a first quick search. (I need to look at the court's calendars when I have more time.) Often, they are held on the X day of X term of the court.

Example:
Terms begin on the 2nd Monday of Jan, March, May, July, Sept and Nov.
Grand Juries meet on the first day of Term.

If this is similar to the 9th district, because CM went before the judge mid-March, it may be that he won't face a GJ until the next empanelment in May.

I did find this info, which might be informative for some folks:
Grand Jury

Grand Jury
The Grand Jury is a panel of eighteen (18) citizens randomly selected from local citizens who are summoned to report for jury duty. DeKalb and Cherokee Counties have separate Grand Juries that meet throughout the year.

Grand Jury proceedings are secret and confidential
Grand Jury is not an open session of court and is closed to the public....

More at the link. Calendar may be on another tab but I've got to run!

Drive-by Posting!

I was trying to find when Grand Jury hearings are scheduled in the 9th District but didn't find anything during a first quick search. (I need to look at the court's calendars when I have more time.) Often, they are held on the X day of X term of the court.

Example:
Terms begin on the 2nd Monday of Jan, March, May, July, Sept and Nov.
Grand Juries meet on the first day of Term.

If this is similar to the 9th district, because CM went before the judge mid-March, it may be that he won't face a GJ until the next empanelment in May.

I did find this info, which might be informative for some folks:
Grand Jury

Grand Jury
The Grand Jury is a panel of eighteen (18) citizens randomly selected from local citizens who are summoned to report for jury duty. DeKalb and Cherokee Counties have separate Grand Juries that meet throughout the year.

Grand Jury proceedings are secret and confidential
Grand Jury is not an open session of court and is closed to the public....

More at the link. Calendar may be on another tab but I've got to run!
Thank you!

I don't think he will last long on death row, this is the kind of disgusting waste of human flesh that even the hard core criminals hate. He's a sick pedophile (among other things I can't say publicly).
There likely is some truth to this. In many prisons, there is their own interesting ethics 'code' where even guys that have killed others have a soft spot for a child. I remember when Jared Fogle (Subway guy) went to prison for child *advertiser censored* this was said too because inmates hate "<modsnip - term not allowed here>" (child molesters) and some are looking for an easy target to take out their anger/frustration/aggression from being locked up and "<modsnip - term not allowed here>" are easy targets because the fact they have to prey on helpless children means deep down, they are the weakest of the weak.

The guys in prison that have the most respect are ones that did something to another 'bad guy' - not an innocent and definitely not a child or someone who went toe to toe with another badass and won. For example, a drug dealer gets robbed and beaten by another drug dealer and goes after him and kills him. One bad guy killing another. A guy like that will instantly be higher on the status rung in prison than one who stalks and preys on an 11-year old that weighs less than 100 pounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
There likely is some truth to this. In many prisons, there is their own interesting ethics 'code' where even guys that have killed others have a soft spot for a child. I remember when Jared Fogle (Subway guy) went to prison for child *advertiser censored* this was said too because inmates hate "<modsnip - term not allowed here>" (child molesters) and some are looking for an easy target to take out their anger/frustration/aggression from being locked up and "<modsnip - term not allowd here>" are easy targets because the fact they have to prey on helpless children means deep down, they are the weakest of the weak.

The guys in prison that have the most respect are ones that did something to another 'bad guy' - not an innocent and definitely not a child or someone who went toe to toe with another badass and won. For example, a drug dealer gets robbed and beaten by another drug dealer and goes after him and kills him. One bad guy killing another. A guy like that will instantly be higher on the status rung in prison than one who stalks and preys on an 11-year old that weighs less than 100 pounds.

I also believe the childhood of the inmates can create a psychological "need" for revenge. Many inmates were physically or sexually abused by a family member during their childhood. The mental scars of abuse never really heal and, as adults, the wronged person can view the murder of an abusive inmate as justifiable "settling of the score". jmho

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes you wonder who bought her the Chinese food.....
Thank you for saying what has been troubling me since the murder of this poor innocent angel. My impression from the media statements was everyone who went to Walmart was going to get something in town. It's hard to believe one of them went for Chinese first. But, if CM offered to p/u Chinese and bring some for AB it was premeditated.

Yeah.... :(

When this first happened, one of the sites had several links up. I think it was The Heavy, but don't want to run afoul of terms of service, as I'm not 100% certain. At any rate following links I found a video where AB was doing her mom's make-up, and for all the discussion of her, my impression was she seemed very shy and sweet. And tiny. Very much a little girl.

A pig preying on a kid who would be excited by a simple treat of Chinese food, and possibly using that is just beyond disgusting.

Yeah.... :(

When this first happened, one of the sites had several links up. I think it was The Heavy, but don't want to run afoul of terms of service, as I'm not 100% certain. At any rate following links I found a video where AB was doing her mom's make-up, and for all the discussion of her, my impression was she seemed very shy and sweet. And tiny. Very much a little girl.

A pig preying on a kid who would be excited by a simple treat of Chinese food, and possibly using that is just beyond disgusting.
That video is still on YT.

Amberly Barnett: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I’m confused on who this guy is that helped raise Amberly (and she called Daddy)
Why didn’t they just go live with him? Especially with her mom posting in early February they needed somewhere to live ASAP? His name is listed in parentheses next to moms in all of the news articles and in the obituary.

Hmmm...

Well, Amberly had mentioned she might be going to the mall that night to get new clothes too. I think on one of her Instagram accounts? Of course, a young girl might post things like that to fit in, to look cool, just to have content too.

If her mom was there visiting, it seems likely one or both would have had pics and it posts documenting it? And odd she would have been gone already when the others left for Wal-Mart.

I'm wondering still if the Creep got her Chinese, maybe even said "Hey, we can go shopping at the mall tonight" . He certainly could have been grooming her for awhile, sick as that is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back