Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it could just be she was cold and tired. And crying because she'd realised the bus wasn't running. It was -5 and she wanted to go home and be warm.

And the genuine good Samaritan had a grey Beard and looked older and scarier whilst PR and looked young and inoffensive. I think if she'd needed medical attention grey Beard would have called someone.

I still think if she'd been bleeding he'd have said that to his sister. Cuts or medical reasons would have sounded like better reasons to pick her up. But he told his sister 'crying girl'.

My guess (partly from something that appeared in MSM) was he claimed to be a taxi driver, albeit the unlicensed sort they're told to avoid

All valid possibilities.

As a woman, it's very difficult to say to a man you recognise from casual encounters 'no thanks, I'm fine'. A lot of men say to women 'just tell him to fk off' when we try to explain this sort of situation, but the reality is, that never makes creepy types back off.

Or it could just be she was cold and tired. And crying because she'd realised the bus wasn't running. It was -5 and she wanted to go home and be warm.

And the genuine good Samaritan had a grey Beard and looked older and scarier whilst PR and looked young and inoffensive. I think if she'd needed medical attention grey Beard would have called someone.

I still think if she'd been bleeding he'd have said that to his sister. Cuts or medical reasons would have sounded like better reasons to pick her up. But he told his sister 'crying girl'.

My guess (partly from something that appeared in MSM) was he claimed to be a taxi driver, albeit the unlicensed sort they're told to avoid

I agree the most likely thing was he posed as a taxi driver and offered her a free lift.
He possibly could have a shown her a card or flyer with his taxi details.
I think so too. A lift back to the Welly to locate her friends to get a key. Once she was in the car... well... he could have driven her anywhere.

Very valid points, New Thoughts. Although without her phone and maybe no watch, Libby may not have known what time it was so was thinking/hoping the bus was still on its way. Maybe PR (if he came into contact with her) told her the time and then she realized there was no point waiting. I don’t see that him offering her a lift home would have been why she got in the car - it wasn’t a far walk away and she probably couldn’t get inside in any event. Unless as previous posters have said, he offered to try and jimmy a lock or something. Sorry, I feel like I’m rambling/going round in circles - but just stuck on that initial contact

If PR's sister is to be believed, PR said three things which are odd. Firstly that she 'threw herself' at him, secondly that she 'wanted to go home' and thirdly that he 'put her address into his satnav'. We can all work out the reasons for the first tale, but why would he invent the second two? What was stopping him from saying she needed to return to the Welly, for example, and why would he say the bit about satnav? Assuming he's responsible, why tell these other two lies? Is it in case his car was spotted heading back towards Wellesley Ave? is it that Libby's fingerprints could be on his phone?

Very valid points, New Thoughts. Although without her phone and maybe no watch, Libby may not have known what time it was so was thinking/hoping the bus was still on its way. Maybe PR (if he came into contact with her) told her the time and then she realized there was no point waiting. I don’t see that him offering her a lift home would have been why she got in the car - it wasn’t a far walk away and she probably couldn’t get inside in any event. Unless as previous posters have said, he offered to try and jimmy a lock or something. Sorry, I feel like I’m rambling/going round in circles - but just stuck on that initial contact

I've never bought the theory that he offered to break in for her. Plenty of student houses are alarmed, and those alarms can be monitored centrally by the lettings agency. In fact, there's an alarm visible on the front of her accommodation. Was it in use? We'll never know.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think the only reason PR (if lying) said (if he did) that he was taking Libby 'home', is to explain why his car might have been seen heading in the direction it was - towards her house (aka route to Oak Road park).
The devil is in the detail, as they say.

All valid possibilities.
Sometimes circumstances dictate you having to trust folk. I remember having to fly to Ireland to attend a funeral. Very late flight, very distressed. Got on wrong airport bus and dumped somewhere cold on the edge of the airport nowhere near the airport hotel. I was freezing, tired and upset in a vast dark space. An airport worker in a van offered to drop me back to the airport hotel. The options were risking wandering around in the dark, getting more lost closer to what looked like a dodgy area of Dublin or taking a risk. As a sober grown up I took the risk. I was lucky - he dropped me on the footpath to the hotel.

Another time myself and my husband came across a Japanese student asking for directions to the station. Her last train was due in 10 minutes. The station a good 20 minutes walk via lots of turns. She started to cry. Realising this we offered to take her. Her options - miss that train and get stuck in a strange town which was getting dark or take a risk. We dropped her safely.

If the street Libby was waiting on was anything like around here then as it got later it will have got quieter. Less cars, fewer people. More threatening and lonely. She would be freezing cold. Still a little drunk. Probably tired. Probably desperate to get home safely. PR was close to her age. Looked harmless. Looked the 'safer' option. Sober she may have thought twice.

I can only think any information he gave to his sister was to give reasons for any forensic evidence found.
He knew he had held Libby so had her dna on his clothing.
He asked her address to make him look like a genuine taxi driver ,or had she told him her flatmates were out and he saw his opportunity to be alone with her.She might not at this stage told him she had no keys or thought she would be better sitting on her own door step after GB had spoken to her.

I can only think any information he gave to his sister was to give reasons for any forensic evidence found.
He knew he had held Libby so had her dna on his clothing.
He asked her address to make him look like a genuine taxi driver ,or had she told him her flatmates were out and he saw his opportunity to be alone with her.She might not at this stage told him she had no keys or thought she would be better sitting on her own door step after GB had spoken to her.
I agree about the dna on his clothing, of course, but I can't think of any good reason why Libby would have asked him to take her home. If her reasons for not going home in the first place were that she'd decided to go and wait for a bus back to the Welly, then changed her mind, why not just walk back home?

I have previously posted in praise of humberside police for their tackling of this case...so just for balance i am now about to highlight some issues with their approach:

To my knowledge we do not use "aguido" status in this country...yet they have seemingly awarded the as yet completely innocent Pawel Relowicz with that status (via the media)

They used up the whole of the P.A.C.E clock in relation to this case and as far as i know, brought no charges? (Irrespective of his thousand and one "other" offences)

This just smacks as the police not really playing fair here

Also....if they had been more efficient in dealing with his catalogue of other assorted foulness then i hate to say this...but there would be no debate to be had here!

And please please do not mistake this as any measure of defence for whichever piece of filth was involved in this tragedy...i just have a desire for fair play for all

I agree about the dna on his clothing, of course, but I can't think of any good reason why Libby would have asked him to take her home. If her reasons for not going home in the first place were that she'd decided to go and wait for a bus back to the Welly, then changed her mind, why not just walk back home?

Just so we're all clear, she was on the wrong side of the road for a bus to Welly.

PR was close to her age. Looked harmless. Looked the 'safer' option. Sober she may have thought twice.

I would respectfully disagree with the idea that a young girl would be more likely to trust a young man to give her a lift than an older man with a grey beard. Having said that, we don't know much about greybeard... there may have been something about him that scared her (didn't he have a passenger too?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53