UK - The Prodigy star Keith Flint, 49, has died, Dunmow, Essex, 4 Mar 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
The Prodigy's Keith Flint dies aged 49

Instantly recognisable for his fluorescent spiked hair and incendiary performances, the musician sang lead vocals on both the band's number one singles, Breathe and Firestarter.

He was found dead at his home in Dunmow, Essex, on Monday morning.

Police said they were "called to concerns for the welfare of a man" just after 08:00 GMT. "Sadly, a 49-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene."

Their statement continued: "The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner."

Flint had recently returned to the UK from a tour of Australia and was due to start a US tour in May.

upload_2019-3-4_13-5-16.jpeg

The Prodigy's Keith Flint has been found dead at his Essex mansion after taking his own life aged 49.

"The news is true, I can’t believe I’m saying this but our brother Keith took his own life over the weekend," they wrote.

"I’m shell shocked, *advertiser censored*kin angry, confused and heart broken ..... r.i.p brother Liam #theprodigy"

Prodigy legend Keith Flint dies in shock suicide aged 49

Such a vibrant, colourful, energetic character, Keith Flint brought the 90s to life. I spent many hours on the dancefloor, drink in one hand, cigarette in the other (before health and safety regulations!)dancing my little heart out to Firestarter . How desperately sad, may he rest in peace and find the happiness he couldn't in life :(

Keith Flint dead: Prodigy star dies at his home aged 49 | Daily Mail Online

Keith Flint took his own life just days after splitting from his DJ wife and putting his house up for sale, it was claimed tonight, as a final picture emerged of the Prodigy frontman running a 5K race only 48 hours before he died.

upload_2019-3-5_2-52-42.jpeg

The 49-year-old musician was found dead at his country mansion near Dunmow, Essex, at around 8am on Monday morning.

His band mates later revealed he had ended his own life, three years after he stated in an interview that he 'wasn't saving up for anything' and said: 'When I'm done, I'll kill myself'.

This afternoon a photograph emerged, believed to be the last of the star, looking fit and well as he ran the Chelmsford park run in a personal best time of 21 minutes 22 seconds on Saturday morning.

Fellow runner, journalist Rob Hadgraft, tweeted the picture and wrote: 'Sad news about Keith Flint – comes only two days after he'd looked in great shape and spirits, storming round the Chelmsford Parkrun in a PB.'

Tonight it was claimed Flint had fallen into depression after a split from his Japanese wife Mayumi Kai had forced him to put the Essex farmhouse on the market.

The split from his wife may also have prompted him to start taking drugs again, The Sun reported.

Friends had feared Flint would not reach his 40th birthday because of his drug use – he admitted using cannabis, cocaine and ‘a lot’ of alcohol before becoming addicted to prescription drugs.

He admitted feeling suicidal at that time but insisted he could never have gone through with it, explaining: ‘I was a coward.’

[...]

upload_2019-3-5_2-52-55.jpeg upload_2019-3-5_2-53-9.jpeg upload_2019-3-5_2-53-29.jpeg upload_2019-3-5_2-54-16.jpeg upload_2019-3-5_2-54-43.jpeg

The Prodigy singer Keith Flint died as a result of hanging, an inquest heard.

[...]

A hearing was told a post-mortem found the 49-year-old's provisional cause of death was hanging, while toxicology reports were awaited.

Essex's senior coroner Caroline Beasley-Murray adjourned the inquest until 23 July for a full hearing.

Coroner's officer Lynsey Chaffe told the hearing in Chelmsford: "Police attended, all protocols were followed and his death was confirmed as not suspicious."

Inquest opens into Prodigy singer's death

In memory of the The Govna.
We came up with this design as tribute to Keith Flint just in time for Daytona. Thinking of you mate ♥️

Project : Firestarter
Designer : @SLGrafics
Manufacturer : @AraiAmericas

— James Rispoli (@JamesRispoli) March 11, 2019
D1Y--tZWsAE6-d7

James Rispoli on Twitter

Motorcycling world pays tribute to The Prodigy star Keith Flint

Renowned for his colourful look and high energy performances, Mr Flint was an ardent motorcycle racing fan who ran his own Team Traction Control racing outfit with great success....
Motorcycling world pays tribute to The Prodigy star Keith Flint

Prodigy fans invited to line Keith Flint funeral procession

In a statement on the band's Twitter page, fans were told: "The church service will just be for family and close friends, but there will be speakers relaying the ceremony outside the church for everyone to hear."

The account added that fans were "invited to line the procession route" so they could "pay their final respects & 'raise the roof' for Keef!"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back