Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If PR's sister is to be believed, PR said three things which are odd. Firstly that she 'threw herself' at him, secondly that she 'wanted to go home' and thirdly that he 'put her address into his satnav'. We can all work out the reasons for the first tale, but why would he invent the second two? What was stopping him from saying she needed to return to the Welly, for example, and why would he say the bit about satnav? Assuming he's responsible, why tell these other two lies? Is it in case his car was spotted heading back towards Wellesley Ave? is it that Libby's fingerprints could be on his phone?
I've wondered again and again about those. The first time I heard them alarm bells rang.

To me two sounded like obvious excuses for a) traces of her DNA being found in his car and b) her address being in his sat nav.

The sat nav one is what makes me wonder if he'd claimed to be a taxi. Certainly didn't want to seem like somebody creepy cos he clearly knew her road already.

I don't get the reason for the 'pushing away' comment'. If he wanted an excuse for not dropping her home there are better ones. Like worrying she might throw up. That's why I wonder was it to explain blood? I'd be interested in knowing why you thought he said it tho?

The pushing away comment is why I don't think she was hurt. Whatever that's meant to cover would have been explained by genuine injury

With regards to PR possibly having Libby's address in his sat nav. Is there any possibility he did bring Libby home, did something to her there and then brought her somewhere else?

I have previously posted in praise of humberside police for their tackling of this case...so just for balance i am now about to highlight some issues with their approach:

To my knowledge we do not use "aguido" status in this country...yet they have seemingly awarded the as yet completely innocent Pawel Relowicz with that status (via the media)

They used up the whole of the P.A.C.E clock in relation to this case and as far as i know, brought no charges? (Irrespective of his thousand and one "other" offences)

This just smacks as the police not really playing fair here

Also....if they had been more efficient in dealing with his catalogue of other assorted foulness then i hate to say this...but there would be no debate to be had here!

And please please do not mistake this as any measure of defence for whichever piece of filth was involved in this tragedy...i just have a desire for fair play for all
Yep. I am puzzled by the arguidoisation of PR.
And why they've locked him up instead of releasing him on bail and watching his every move.

I hesitate to post anything on this thread because of a) the fact that - as others have said - friends and even parents might be reading it, and b) if one is not very careful in these situations it's potentially possible to compromise a trial or at least damage the chances of conviction by posting something that a clever dick lawyer can use to stand up in court and say "how can my client possibly have a fair trial in these circumstances, etc etc"

So I am really just posting on this to get my own ducks in a row and I will try and refrain from lurid speculation. Also as a native of Hull, I might be able to help with a little local knowledge. It goes without saying that I feel terribly for her parents and friends, it must be an unimaginable situation to be in, and I hope that, eventually, she gets justice, if it does turn out that way.

I've read through most of this thread and one thing that's leapt out at me is this business of a missing person's body being carried down Barmston Drain, into the River Hull, and thence into the Humber. While I am never one to say "never", I find myself on the side of those wondering about this. The land on which Hull is built, and indeed the whole plain of Holderness, is crisscrossed with shallow drains and drainage ditches. It's very similar in that respect to the area round The Wash.

I noted quite early on in the investigation that the police had frogmen searching Barmston Drain just in case and they found nothing. I haven't actually seen the dreaded sluice which has been mentioned so often of late but I imagine its main purpose is to stop old bike tyres and supermarket trolleys progressing further. I'd be surprised, to be honest, if any of the drains (by the way these are open ditches and not what you would think of as underground concrete drains, for those not familiar with this usage of the word) are deep enough or have a strong enough current to move anything substantial. I remember when I was nobbut a kid going to catch tadpoles in similar watercourses.

The River Hull is tidal, all the way up to Beverley Beck, if I remember rightly. But it is a river much clogged up with silt and mud. At low tide the water is just a fairly ineffectual trickle. Dropping something like a body into the River Hull is still not beyond the bounds of possibility, at least at high tide (what time was high tide that night?) but, as others have said, there is almost certainly CCTV on all the bridges - it might be feasible to access the river side via some of the old warehouses and streets round Wincolmlee without showing up, although there are businesses there that probably also have their own CCTV.

It is possible, as I said, to go into the River Hull at high tide. I almost did it myself one night when I was a young lad and we'd been out drinking in the old town area of Hull, and decided to go for a pee off Scale Lane Staithe. Fortunately, I kept my balance. But had it been low tide all that would have happened anyway would have been a fall of 15 feet or so into mud. Still not good, but as long as someone saw me and hoicked me out before the next high tide...

The River Humber is a very large and complex river, difficult to explain if you don't know it. It is a mile or so wide. Some people compare it to the Mersey, but the Humber is full of sandbanks and shifting channels that are always on the move, and the coasters and barges that ply up to Goole and back have to stick to the deep water channels or risk grounding. In fact, it is said that it was so shallow at some times that the Roman legions were able to ford it, marching on their way from Lincoln to York via the fort at Brough on Humber (Petuaria). Back in (I think) the 1940s, a bloke tried to emulate this to prove it had been possible, and he made it, although he was wading up to his neck in water at some points.

Given the shifting tides and sandbanks of the Humber, the main problem anyone would have in trying to get rid of a body straight into the river from the Hull side would be the ability to access deep water near enough to the shore. It's not so much that these places don't exist, there are docks, a ferry terminal, the pier near The Deep, etc etc. But CCTV and security exist at all these places. St Andrew's Quay, being the old fishing dock, might be a possibility because there is a lot of disused land down there. Not living in Hull, these days, I don't know whether there's security or not.

The most obvious thing to do would be to drive to the middle of the Humber Bridge over the deep water channel, but I would imagine that, if they haven't already done so, the police are even now trawling through the CCTV on the bridge cameras looking for anything odd.

I'm going to split this post here because I don't want to risk losing the whole thing when I press submit.

I would respectfully disagree with the idea that a young girl would be more likely to trust a young man to give her a lift than an older man with a grey beard. Having said that, we don't know much about greybeard... there may have been something about him that scared her (didn't he have a passenger too?).
Which makes me think PR possibly said he was a taxi driver. Would explain putting her address in sat nav.

Maybe not so much PRs youth as his looks. I know he's fatter but in his wedding pictures he looks harmless

If PR's sister is to be believed, PR said three things which are odd. Firstly that she 'threw herself' at him, secondly that she 'wanted to go home' and thirdly that he 'put her address into his satnav'. We can all work out the reasons for the first tale, but why would he invent the second two? What was stopping him from saying she needed to return to the Welly, for example, and why would he say the bit about satnav? Assuming he's responsible, why tell these other two lies? Is it in case his car was spotted heading back towards Wellesley Ave? is it that Libby's fingerprints could be on his phone?

Re/ the SatNav part, I would imagine if things were starting to feel uncomfortable in the car and Libby indicated that she wanted out of the car, he may have said something to reassure her like “look, I’ll take you home now, what’s your address?” then put it into the SatNav to make his assurances seem genuine.

Just been and paid respects at the bench. Desperately sad.

A couple of thoughts, clarifications:

1. Haworth Street is a swine to get to. Not the sort of place you would just stop off for a *advertiser censored* or a leg stretch. The blue gates parking are only a few yards from the bench but there is no view. Walking out onto Beverley Road, you are struck by the lighting and being visible.

2. The bench is set back and not particularly well-lit so that nobody driving past would notice someone on it. There would have to be something more obvious to make you stop.

3. People mentioning St Andrew's Quay, I do not buy this. It is a long way and is busy. Victoria Dock is the same. HB viewing area, the river is too shallow. Wincolmlee or Scott Street Bridge are quieter (not perfectly so) and the river is straighter/deeper.

4. Perhaps LS was already injured and whatever happened was a mix of unfortunate circumstances. Perhaps she drunkenly fell onto him as he drove and he pushed her back and she hit her head ('threw herself at him'). Certainly the PM is going to have to find specific reason to doubt any story given.

I am not so sure she entered the river Hull at Beresford Park - just look at all those bends...

I still favour that he took her by car and put her directly into the Humber.
I thought that when I looked at the bends but IF she was weighted down or sank she could have been scuffing along the bottom until she hit the estuary and then started to bob up and down as she hit Paull, hence being seen but not found. Then decomposition made her more buoyant.

That sounds horrendous in words but I hope it doesn't come across as too insensitive.

I don't get the reason for the 'pushing away' comment'. If he wanted an excuse for not dropping her home there are better ones. Like worrying she might throw up. That's why I wonder was it to explain blood? I'd be interested in knowing why you thought he said it tho?

The pushing away comment is why I don't think she was hurt. Whatever that's meant to cover would have been explained by genuine injury

I think if he said the bit about pushing her away, it was to cover himself in case the police found traces of her on him (hair, clothing fibres etc). I don't think he was looking for excuses for not dropping her home - I think he's likely to have said he did drop her home, i.e. whatever happened after that, wasn't down to him. That's all assuming he's the bloke responsible, of course *eye roll*.

One has to wonder exactly what led the police to have all manner of equipment looking inside Relowicz's home address?

It leads me to query whether that was a direct result of findings from his car?

Would certainly suggest a high level of confidence that there had been major interaction between them

Only T.V cops and bad journalists work based upon hunches...police tend to be either intelligence led (police speak for "someone grassed him up") or evidence led (police speak for "he did not clean up properly"
They will not have been searching his property just on the off chance

Just my opinion....but as my wife says..,"who the hell wants your opinion?" :) :)

I'm sure somebody said it was because his house was boarded up. And that it would be refused because if the risk of him leaving OR reoffending.
Yes, I think I read that too... flight and reoffending risk. But really? Do they really remand petty thieves and flashers? (I'm not meaning to minimalise his crimes, here, but am aware that the prisons are over-crowded and resources limited).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305