Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, having read the thread, over the last couple of days, I'm going to leave it at just posting my idea of what I think happened, and then others can knock lumps off it as appropriate.

So when LS was refused admission to the Welly Club, her friends put her in a taxi and sent her home. It seems to be generally assumed that the taxi got her there (I couldn't see anywhere whether police had traced and eliminated the taxi driver)

If she got home and found she was locked out, then that would explain her distressed state as observed in the street. (Was there some mention of her actually having got back into her digs and then left again, still without her phone?)

She then decides her only option is to go back to the Welly Club and find her friends. At the point where she's sitting on the bench trying to sober up and/or waiting for a bus, firstly the bearded good Samaritan stops and then, later, someone who may possibly have been the police suspect. For reasons unknown, she accepts this offer of help, then the perpetrator drives her back towards town but at some point tries it on with her and things get out of hand (could this have happened in the park, accounting for the screams?)

Either way, the perpetrator then disposes of the evidence into the water, somehow, despite the difficulty (I don't know whether there are any locations on the South bank of the Humber where there is deep water right up to the shore?)

One thing I don't understand is that the police must have gone all over the current suspect's car with a fine-toothed comb, yet they don't seem to have found any forensic evidence that LS had ever been in there (unless of course, they are waiting for post mortem checks which can now be carried out.)

In the absence of any further information about the cause of death or the state of her clothing and belongings, which are understandably being withheld by the police, a) so they can use information from them in questioning people and b) to weed out the random nutters who confess to crimes they haven't committed, I think it's not going to be possible to progress this without new witnesses, an arrest, or a confession.

Yes, I think I read that too... flight and reoffending risk. But really? Do they really remand petty thieves and flashers? (I'm not meaning to minimalise his crimes, here, but am aware that the prisons are over-crowded and resources limited).
I've always felt those charges were to Keep him safely locked away and give the police time to investigate him. The sheer amount of stuff they've taken away would take ages to proceed..

The number of offences suggests he'll get a custodial sentence so it's resources now rather than later I guess.

The risk of flight I understand. I was very surprised by risk of reoffending though.

12 charges over 2 years and a third in the weeks leading up to Libby's disappearance! I wonder what we don't know and why?

....One thing I don't understand is that the police must have gone all over the current suspect's car with a fine-toothed comb, yet they don't seem to have found any forensic evidence that LS had ever been in there (unless of course, they are waiting for post mortem checks which can now be carried out.)...
The police may have found evidence that Libby was in PR's car, but not enough to charge him with anything.... yet.

I don't know if this has been posted but this article shows the track of lifeboats as they recover body of Libby Squire off Cleethorpes:
The heartbreaking moment lifeboats found Libby's body
Where was the second life boat from, does anyone know. It's probably written somewhere but I've missed it.
Unless Cleethorpes has 2? It's a beautiful beech but another are that is pretty formidable. So easily cut off on that beech as the tide sweeps around. I'm guessing that's dies to being at the mouth of an estuary.
Sorry, off topic.

So, having read the thread, over the last couple of days, I'm going to leave it at just posting my idea of what I think happened, and then others can knock lumps off it as appropriate.

So when LS was refused admission to the Welly Club, her friends put her in a taxi and sent her home. It seems to be generally assumed that the taxi got her there (I couldn't see anywhere whether police had traced and eliminated the taxi driver)

If she got home and found she was locked out, then that would explain her distressed state as observed in the street. (Was there some mention of her actually having got back into her digs and then left again, still without her phone?)

She then decides her only option is to go back to the Welly Club and find her friends. At the point where she's sitting on the bench trying to sober up and/or waiting for a bus, firstly the bearded good Samaritan stops and then, later, someone who may possibly have been the police suspect. For reasons unknown, she accepts this offer of help, then the perpetrator drives her back towards town but at some point tries it on with her and things get out of hand (could this have happened in the park, accounting for the screams?)

Either way, the perpetrator then disposes of the evidence into the water, somehow, despite the difficulty (I don't know whether there are any locations on the South bank of the Humber where there is deep water right up to the shore?)

One thing I don't understand is that the police must have gone all over the current suspect's car with a fine-toothed comb, yet they don't seem to have found any forensic evidence that LS had ever been in there (unless of course, they are waiting for post mortem checks which can now be carried out.)

In the absence of any further information about the cause of death or the state of her clothing and belongings, which are understandably being withheld by the police, a) so they can use information from them in questioning people and b) to weed out the random nutters who confess to crimes they haven't committed, I think it's not going to be possible to progress this without new witnesses, an arrest, or a confession.
How do you know there was no forensic evidence in his car. He told his sister he'd given a crying girl a lift.

Personally I can’t be critical with the police over their handling of PR. It was the media who named him immediately after his arrest.

The police have always maintained he was a person of interest and not given us anything else to go on. It’s frustrating for us, but the correct decision.

I really feel they know they’ve got their man. With holding time extensions and extra charges to keep him away from the public. For the public’s safety and also his own. Also the police could easily have came out and say he is not a suspect and has been very helpful like GB, but they didn’t do that which sends a clear message.

All this said, I believe everyone is entitled to a fair trial and innocent until proven otherwise. But we are able to form our own opinions along the way.

Personally I can’t be critical with the police over their handling of PR. It was the media who named him immediately after his arrest.

The police have always maintained he was a person of interest and not given us anything else to go on. It’s frustrating for us, but the correct decision.

I really feel they know they’ve got their man. With holding time extensions and extra charges to keep him away from the public. For the public’s safety and also his own. Also the police could easily have came out and say he is not a suspect and has been very helpful like GB, but they didn’t do that which sends a clear message.

All this said, I believe everyone is entitled to a fair trial and innocent until proven otherwise. But we are able to form our own opinions along the way.
If he is guilty of what he's been charged with, I wonder, if it wasn't for Libby just how many more crimes he would have gotten away with before he was eventually caught!

Where was the second life boat from, does anyone know. It's probably written somewhere but I've missed it.
Unless Cleethorpes has 2? It's a beautiful beech but another are that is pretty formidable. So easily cut off on that beech as the tide sweeps around. I'm guessing that's dies to being at the mouth of an estuary.
Sorry, off topic.

One from Grimsby and one from Cleethorpes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74