IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt there would have been plenty there that they didn't want LE to see.
If it's true that she was living in the shed, that alone is enough to have the baby removed from her care.
It's too bad no-one called CPS before the baby went missing. Imo
It’s kind of hard to imagine CPS hasn’t been following her since the birth of her son.

I'm sorry leaving for dinner. I cant find the link quick enough. Theres MSM out there with a ss from RL father basically saying "why would he drive? He doesn't have a license." So his dad is under the impression he doesnt drive local, let alone 30 minutes away. Not that parents haven't been hoodwinked from the beginning of time.

I found it. Point # 3.

Amber Roberston: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Point # 3 in link. I found it at the last minute. His dad makes some interesting arguments.

Thought the following things the mom said were odd to begin with, but the more I read others thoughts here on them as well as the more I thought about it myself, the more odd & eery they became, imo;

"He said if I would be alone with him he would tell me where she is" (but she was too afraid to be alone with him to get that answer)

We're talking about her 8 month old daughter; not tht location of a backpack, car keys, or a cell phone. Any mother with even the lowest levels of a mother's protective instincts would feel the reward was worth the risk. Not Amber apparently.

This next observation may be me picking apart something and overthinking it way too much, but if referring to an (alive) 8 month old baby, wouldn't you phrase it as "he won't tell me who has her or who he left her with or who is hiding her" The phrasing above suggests you are presuming the baby is alive and well. The phrasing "where she is" leaves way more room for other terrible possibilities such as in a ditch, in the water, tossed away like garbage" The kinds of things that wouldn't mean a baby is alive and well.

Could be a Fruedian slip, could be that she is just simple minded, or could be me over-analyzing it far too much and making a mountain of a molehill but was just something I noticed.

Which brings me to her other comment of worrying about her "being beaten or starved." I found that extremely odd because family of victims in cases tend to usually lean more towards the optimistic view of things in terms of possibilities of what has happened to their loved one.

When the outlook doesnt seem good to outsiders such as us, it usually seems that family has a much harder time accepting or seeing that. Not Amber.... Right away she feels her baby is being beaten or starved. No Plea on news interviews to whoever has her to return her either, just for the public to call her or police if they see Amiah.

Odd

She either knows what's up or at the least, knows that someone very close to Amiah has it in them to beat or starve her. That's pretty telling considering as the mother, she would have direct control over the people she chooses to surround Amiah with.

Responsible, Involved or knows. Those are the only 3 options I can entertain.
Yes the beaten and starved statement ended any speculation from me. Who could even think that never mind say it aloud when your child is missing? Done!!

Taking a closer look at this, for a direct quote. Thanks, Kadoober.
Thank-you for the timeline, Margarita25
The security video released to news yesterday (from neighbors cam) was clipped from Sunday a.m. 17 March it has errors as follows- the neighbor did not say that one of the persons in video was RL (it couldn't be, he was in custody by then)
the neighbor also did not say they were living in a car behind babysitter/party house- there's a garage/shed that they stayed in for undetermined amount of time. Under 6 months per father of RL

OMG is the truth in that statement that the baby "was beaten and starved" and is no longer around? I hate I even typed this.

Who knows at this point?
It's a pretty random, horrific, and SPECIFIC concern for a mother of a missing baby to have though, IMO. It scares the crap out of me.

Why are the police the only ones that say that Amiah was last seen on Saturday if the mom says Thursday or Friday? In one of the versions the mother said she last saw her when the Motel 6 thing happened on Friday night. What do the police know about Saturday’s sighting? I think this would help clear up some of the timeline.

Exactly. Why do the police say Saturday?

(ETA:
Ps: going on hour 5 now of this timeline business—I’m over it for the moment!! @Kadoober, I’m checking court records to find confirmation of RL’s exact time of release. If there’s anything else that needs to be added, please let me know. I realize it is rough and not formatted as I’d like, but it’s going to have to do for the moment!!! I’ll try to resume editing later. There may be more things to add so I’ll let the above rough draft just stew for a moment.)

Last edited:
Hopefully we learn something. It’s been slow going thus far.

WISH-TV on Twitter

#UPDATE: @IMPDnews will provide an update this afternoon on the investigation into the disappearance of 8-month-old Amiah Robertson

IMPD Police Chief Bryan Roach will be joined by detectives to speak to the media at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, according to an email. News 8 will stream that press conference on WISHTV.com, the WISH-TV app and on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4