Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All - I have been to Websleuths years ago - my posts have "Stacey" link - I cannot remember my old ID/etc. And my computer crashed in 2010 - and I lost all of my info
Welcome back! Did you once sign up under the name Stacy (moniker) C?

Last edited:
138_Beth_Doe_-_Carl_9-4-2017.JPG

Reconstruction by Carl Koppelman
September 2017

----------------------
150_Beth_Doe_MCall.JPG

Reconstruction by Pennsylvania State Police artist shortly after Beth Doe was found

----------------------
155_169UFPA.jpg

Early reconstruction by NCMEC

----------------------------

170_Beth_Doe_November_2007.jpg

Sketch by Frank Bender - November 2007

-------------------------------
160_Beth_Doe_2015_2.JPG

Reconstruction by NCMEC - May 2015

Richard - I think I remember you - do you remember my original sign in id?

I cannot recall what your original call sign was, but do remember you. If you know that you were a poster on this thread, or the earlier/original one, then you might look through old posts to see if you recognize your writings. They will still be there under your old call sign.

Next, contact the administrator and arrange to get a pass word so that you can access your old account. Once you can log on under your original account, you will be able to access your inbox to read old (and maybe new) conversations and PM's.

Welcome back.

May have come from Eastern Europe. We've had a bunch of cases recently where the isotopes have been misleading or outright wrong (Annie Lehmann for instance).

They we're wrong about Grateful Doe, Buckskin Girl, and I believe Lyle Stevik. So I'd be remiss to believe in them now. I hope LE stops putting what little funds they have into Isotopes and instead puts the money towards forensic genealogy. Better bang for the buck.

May have come from Eastern Europe. We've had a bunch of cases recently where the isotopes have been misleading or outright wrong (Annie Lehmann for instance).

And wrong about the race. Example: Michigan UID with Cleveland and Akron tattoos. We were looking for someone Asian because that's what they said. When finally identified and confirmed by DNA, he was African American. That's why I don't think the large local influx of Vietnamese at that time should be ignored. Look at the bedspread. Very bright colors and a pattern I don't recall as popular in the seventies here. And why paint the suitcases black? Afraid they'd be recognized as recently used? The lack of handles completely baffles me. So many questions about those suitcases......

And why paint the suitcases black? Afraid they'd be recognized as recently used? The lack of handles completely baffles me. So many questions about those suitcases......
rsbm

PA - PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2
McAndrew said investigators learned that a specific suitcase manufacturer discarded flawed suitcases by removing the handles.

http://archives.timesleader.com/2011_31/2011_12_20_35_year_old_mystery_remains_unsolved_-news.html

As someone who has worked in retail for years (and years), I know a bit about discarded merchandise. It could be defective, recalled (think lead, for instance, in toys) or just discontinued. When the product is disposed of, it is often rendered unusable, i.e. cut up or broken, bleach poured all over it, whatever it takes to make it useless. There are a lot of dumpster divers out there who will scavenge for items either for their own use or to sell (which could be downright dangerous in recalled items) or to take back to a store to try to refund for $$$.

That's retail, but manufacturers will also take those steps when discarding defective/rejected merchandise.

I believe this was planned and the killer intended to throw the suitcases into the water. They were painted black to hide/disguise and handles removed so they wouldnt get snagged by fishing, boats, or trees.

And wrong about the race. Example: Michigan UID with Cleveland and Akron tattoos. We were looking for someone Asian because that's what they said. When finally identified and confirmed by DNA, he was African American. That's why I don't think the large local influx of Vietnamese at that time should be ignored. Look at the bedspread. Very bright colors and a pattern I don't recall as popular in the seventies here. And why paint the suitcases black? Afraid they'd be recognized as recently used? The lack of handles completely baffles me. So many questions about those suitcases......

That kind of chenille bedspread was popular in the sixties and lingered later in rural areas and among older people. It went with the "rustic" or "western" decorating style--it went with wood paneling, pine furniture, and lamps with a silouette of a cowboy on a bucking horse on the shade. Very common motel decor.

When styles changed, they were often used as couch throws, spare blankets carried in a car, extra spreads in a hunting or vacation cabin, that kind of thing. My dad used to use some similar ones to throw over his mechanic projects when he wasn't going to be working on them for a while.

Pennsylvania Missing Persons and Unidentified Victims
169UFPA

p.s. the suitcases weren't painted black, just the zippers. Both links have pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23