Found Deceased NC - Forrest Stephen Treat, 29, Union County, 25 Feb 2019

new leads not shared with the public, so all we can do is hope. And put our energy elsewhere. Hope stays here but beyond that, we've got others who need our attention.
We appreciate the time and exposure that was granted to us here in this forum and understand that there are others who need attention. By all means move on and we will hold all the missing in our prayers and cling to hope for their safe return.

I did think about the fact he didn't leave in his vehicle but it's possible he's hooked up with some unsavory folks.
IF this really is Forrest then somewhere along the way he found a fresh set of clothes and is clean shaven in this video. On a side note Forrest wears glasses and his personal vehicle is a Jeep. The police have the video and hopefully they can verify if this is in fact Forrest. I can't tell for certain if its Forrest or not and to be honest I really wished it was so we would at least have a verified sighting of him and that he is alive. We will be holding a community wide prayer vigil on Friday March 8th 7pm.

Last edited:
IF this really is Forrest then somewhere along the way he found a fresh set of clothes and is clean shaven in this video. On a side note Forrest wears glasses and his personal vehicle is a Jeep. The police have the video and hopefully they can verify if this is in fact Forrest. I can't tell for certain if its Forrest or not and to be honest I really wished it was so we would at least have a verified sighting of him and that he is alive. We will be holding a community wide prayer vigil on Friday March 8th 7pm.
Yes I thought the same...really do hope it's him. Thanks for your updates and hope the vigil goes well.

Yes they found a body in the woods and there was an adult sized bicycle near the body. May be a cyclist that was hit or it could be Fins. Matthews NC is not that from our neighborhood. Anything is possible. Whomever it is that has been found my heart and prayers go out to their families. One of my neighbors is also a K-9 officer for the Matthews Police Department.

This may be related...Matthews Police Department
"We are currently conducting a death investigation in the 1800 block of E. John St. near I-485..."

Someone replied on a friends share that it was a body found in the woods and had been there a while.
It has been determined that based on the condition of the deceased person found that it is NOT Forrest. My prayers go out to whoemever it is and their loved ones,

After further investigation, which included several helpful tips from the public, Detectives were able to positively identified the found male as Mr. Shawn Antonio Horton (DOB – 07/14/1972) of Charlotte, NC.
Death Investigation - E. John St. (Update) - News Story

Very sad for Mr. Shawn, and a bump for Mr. Forrest.

Its been one month since Fins disappearance and we do not have any news to share, no leads no info. We have personally searched beyond where the K-9's tracked to for hours and nothing. Fins where ever you are we are not giving up.

Its been one month since Fins disappearance and we do not have any news to share, no leads no info. We have personally searched beyond where the K-9's tracked to for hours and nothing. Fins where ever you are we are not giving up.

Thank you so much for the update and your efforts with the search, etc.

Very sad case. I hope he has run off somewhere to clear his head. I know it's unlikely but sometimes we get surprised so fingers crossed it happens with Fins' case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back