IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering how someone who has not been charged with anything, therefore is not yet entitled to a public defender, can afford to hire an attorney when they are a teenager with no job, 2 kids and reportedly living not even in an apt or rental house in the WORST, most deplorable area of a large city, <modsnipped> the WORST most deplorable area of that large city.

It's always interesting to me how funds suddenly become available or are provided when a private attorney is needed but when the most basic things for two children were needed, no funds to be found.

Last edited by a moderator:
“IMPD Major Harold S. Turner said he did not know how long Lyons and Amber Robertson had been together.”

Snip

“It is unclear where Lyons is. And police did not shed light on the matter during Saturday's press conference.

Snip

“Turner said police do not want to arrest or charge anyone until they have substantial probable cause to make the arrest.

“Just because we’re not looking for him now doesn’t mean that we haven’t seen him prior to him being locked up on the 17th,” Turner said.

"Make no assumption that we haven't talked to him at all," he said.”

Police: Search for missing Indianapolis 8-month-old now classified as homicide investigation

B) “A Neighbor Saw Her With the Baby Friday Night ‘Speed-Walking’ Toward an Alley”.
Amiah Robertson Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

“"I definitely saw her Friday night around 9 p.m.," B said. "[Amiah] had a short T-shirt on, probably some thin pajama pants, no jacket and it was cold. The mom was just holding her up [away from her body, instead of cradling her] and was speed walking with her."“
Conflicting Stories In the Disappearance of Amiah Robertson

<modsnipped>
If this occurred on a Friday then the trash had been picked up earlier in the day. Im fairly certain that neighborhood gets a trash pick-up on Fridays.
The body would have remained in the container for seven days until the next pick up. This could explain why it took one week for mom to make a report.
If so then the baby's remains would have most likely went to the city incinerator.
It may still be possible to locate which container was used and there may possibly be some evidence.

<modsnipped against tos not victim friendly>

<modsnipped>
If this occurred on a Friday then the trash had been picked up earlier in the day. Im fairly certain that neighborhood gets a trash pick-up on Fridays.
The body would have remained in the container for seven days until the next pick up. This could explain why it took one week for mom to make a report.
If so then the baby's remains would have most likely went to the city incinerator.
It may still be possible to locate which container was used and there may possibly be some evidence.

<modsnipped>
It's been announced she is not a suspect here on local news. Only Lyon is.

Just wondering how someone who has not been charged with anything, therefore is not yet entitled to a public defender, can afford to hire an attorney when they are a teenager with no job, 2 kids and reportedly living not even in an apt or rental house in the WORST, most deplorable area of a large city, but in a SHED / CAR in the WORST most deplorable area of that large city.

It's always interesting to me how funds suddenly become available or are provided when a private attorney is needed but when the most basic things for two children were needed, no funds to be found.
It's not been confirmed she's living in a shed. I haven't seen any evidence of that.
She has been declared by IMPD as not a person of interest. Only Lyon is. She is a victim. And if she was living in a shed with two babies, where were the fathers that allowed their babies to be in a shed? jmo

<modsnipped>

<modsnipped>

I’m not sure what to think about this “speed walking business” since the PC today.

<modsnipped>

<modsnipped>

Please forgive my ignorance as I am far, far from a local. But I need some education on Indy's trash disposal methods for my own clarity.

Is all of Indy's trash disposed of in an incinerator versus a landfill ?

If so . . . . . oh my.

Please forgive my ignorance as I am far, far from a local. But I need some education on Indy's trash disposal methods for my own clarity.

Is all of Indy's trash disposed of in an incinerator versus a landfill ?

If so . . . . . oh my.
Easy enough answer. Google it or call the city.

Darnell Gray
Hazana Anderson
Mariah Woods
Raul Johnson
Sterling Koehn
Setina &
Ren Weddles
Evan Brewer
Caliyah McNabb
Lucas Hernandez
Maddox Rich
Sherin Matthews

These are the names I can think of off the top of my head of recent young children/babies who went missing and garnered a lot of attention here.

The top ones I would say were poor families. The bottom 3 were better off in terms of income. (Just my own guess based on observations) All were from various different cities/states.

I think a lot of factors contribute to how much coverage each story gets. The more press conferences, the more coverage locally. The more coverage locally the more chances there are that a case might go national. The more a community gets involved and keeps the story out there, the better. The more interviews parents or relatives do, the better (more added coverage)

I think where a case stands in terms of the investigation also plays an enormous role. As an example: in this case, it seems police are pretty certain that poor baby Amiah is dead. They are asking for information from those who saw RL on a specific time/day at a specific crossroads area locally. National attention won't aid much in the investigation it seems at this time. Local coverage is what is needed. Pictures of the vehicle they are referencing are needed. A baby that is thought to be alive and out there somewhere often Garner's more attention than one who is presumed dead/murdered by police and a body needing recovered.

When there's an Amber alert with a specific vehicle on the run with a child it tends to get more attention because more people are notified via the alert and more surrounding states need to possibly be on the lookout.

Rewards also help. Sometimes the family puts up the funds themselves or take the time and effort to raise the funds within their community when they can't afford to do it themselves.

Family & friends being proactive seems to help immensely. Lawyering up and going silent or running off or hiding out isn't as proactive.

Sensational stories or circumstances that surround the missing party also gain interest in terms of news outlets wanting more coverage due to the locals wanting more coverage.

Sherin Matthews was a huge one from last year that got a lot of attention. Her "adoptive parents" were also the most well off financially of the entire list I'd guess. However, Lucas Hernandez also got the same amount of coverage (his is one of THE highest numbered threads here I believe) and his father + step monster seemed neither poor nor well off. Mariah Woods was another really big recent case and her "mother + boyfriend" both didn't work and were extremely poor as well.

It's not been confirmed she's living in a shed. I haven't seen any evidence of that.
She has been declared by IMPD as not a person of interest. Only Lyon is. She is a victim. And if she was living in a shed with two babies, where were the fathers that allowed their babies to be in a shed? jmo

Thank you for clarifying that, Johnny. Since it had been discussed numerous times on here, I had assumed it was confirmed via MSM, not just a rumor but it seems it is such.
(A prime example of why I've been annoying everyone with my "please stop posting rumors here and presenting them as fact" reminders) :)

I'll go back and edit out the shed/car if I will still let me. Again, thanks!!

Edited to add:
Been over an hour, so it won't let me edit.
As for police saying she is not a POI and Websleuths being victim friendly, we cannot implicate in a crime. I was discussing her income vs cost of private lawyer, not implicating her. As far as fathers, I have no idea where they are but to my knowledge, it hasn't been reported that they have retained lawyers via themselves or someone else's funds)

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190324-025038_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190324-025038_Chrome.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 39
<modsnipped quoted post>
A woman is allowed to sleep with as many people as she chooses. jmo LE has only named Lyon as a person as interest and focus of the investigation. They have specifically stated that the mother is not. She is a victim.

Edited to add, I don't believe social media rumors are to be posted here.

A woman is allowed to sleep with as many people as she chooses. jmo LE has only named Lyon as a person as interest and focus of the investigation. They have specifically stated that the mother is not. She is a victim.

Edited to add, I don't believe social media rumors are to be posted here.

I'm a woman and am not judging, but it explains why they were fighting. <modsnipped information from unapproved social media>

You’re unlikely to hear anything relevant (to this case) on the scanner traffic tonight.

There’s no active searches going on at this hour, and a break is probably going to come in one of two ways:

Someone stumbles upon her body in the daytime.

Someone finally tells law enforcement where her body is.

Hopefully she’s found soon, and her killer arrested.
Still interesting to hear him many calls are initiated in the areas where she is assumed to be and compare others in relatively close proximity. I'm so sad my city is in such disrepair socially. Quite a few hits on Rockville which spans the city east to west. A lot of criminal activity near her southwest and southeast locations as well. It's dire

According to MSM, there are very few tips coming in hence the $1,000- reward issued as long as that tip "leads to a felony arrest."

Referring to LE, the article states:

"They are asking for the public’s help because they say they’ve received very few tips."
LE stated at the presser yesterday afternoon (Sat., March 23) that "tips are coming in constantly." I think tips are coming in constantly, but they are just primarily very misleading at best.
Given the title of the news article, it's evident that Homicide Detectives are really honing on on RL. They want him to know they've got a fire burning under him. They're furious with him while he is out enjoying life. I went over the edge as I couldn't sleep for thinking of baby Amiah out in this Indianapolis cold. Admittedly, it is VERY murky on his side of the internet. To see what his supposed friends/associates are saying, and to see some of the postings of current images of him on SM is insanely gutwrenching. I do not recommend! While I would never share those here, it gives me some hope to believe he has very few people who would entertain the idea of sheltering him at this point.

Some MSM truth laced with my humble and fretful opinion. I clearly need a breather from sweet baby Amiah's case. The injustice in robbing me of sleep and sanity.

Mother’s boyfriend named suspect in disappearance of missing 8-month-old

You’re unlikely to hear anything relevant (to this case) on the scanner traffic tonight.

There’s no active searches going on at this hour, and a break is probably going to come in one of two ways:

Someone stumbles upon her body in the daytime.

Someone finally tells law enforcement where her body is.

Hopefully she’s found soon, and her killer arrested.

ITA with this assessment

This has got to be one of the most convoluted, unbelievable, heartbreaking and infuriating missing child cases I've ever followed on WS.

To find out now that baby Amiah was last seen alive on March 9th is mind blowing. I do feel like AR may have a learning disability coupled with possible drug abuse. Even if true, that does not excuse the fact that she, first and foremost, was responsible for 2 small children's safety and welfare.

AR has family <dad> speaking on camera, RL had family speaking on his behalf, the supposed father of these children spoke out to the media. Where in the hellz were all these concerned individuals in the months leading up to March 9th? Did anyone know/care that the children were living in a car or shed? AR has braces on her teeth correct? She is obviously being seen by dentist/orthodontist so where are those funds coming from?

It sounds to me that RL thought he was the bio dad to baby Amiah. Somehow paternity seems to have been questioned and a fight that resulted in RL's arrest happened.

I believe RL might have taken baby Amiah and told AR that he wasn't going to 'give her back' until she told/proved the paternity? I think RL took baby A somewhere during March 9th and left her. She is obviously deceased at this point and they are trying to locate her body.

<modsnipped> I'm sure there will be more details forthcoming, but nothing sensible can explain what has happened here and why! :(

ETA: JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members