Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said this because a dog followed R's trail to the bus stop.
I know scent dogs can follow scents several days old, but they cannot indicate how old the scent is, or when it was put down. So, that isn't an indication necessarily that it was from that morning. And, the dog cannot tell whether the scent was there from early morning when suggested or from the 6 PM possible sighting that has been reported.

I know scent dogs can follow scents several days old, but they cannot indicate how old the scent is, or when it was put down. So, that isn't an indication necessarily that it was from that morning. And, the dog cannot tell whether the scent was there from early morning when suggested or from the 6 PM possible sighting that has been reported.

Yes exactly. This is probably why it was discounted even though the dog alerted. But the sister held on to hope I guess.

Please correct me if I have misinterpreted the facts as presented.
No one actually saw RR on the morning of her disappearance. The BIL could only say when he looked, she wasn't on the couch. The sister didn't look before she left at 7AM. RR may or may not have still been in the house.
When was the blanket reported to be missing? She may have taken it to keep warm in the attic or basement until the house was empty (BLD gone to work). Did anyone see her at the bus top with her back pack etc. and a folded blanket in her arms early in the morning?
It wouldn't be the first time a teen-ager remained/came back to an empty house to meet someone, knowing others wouldn't be home from work until late afternoon or early evening.

Correct nobody saw her in the house but police say BIL is lying about that.

Nobody reported seeing her at the bus stop that morning.

In addition, Klein accuses the police of unilateral investigations against their client. "One might suspect at present that the police are no longer primarily pursuing the investigation of the case, but are actually only busy with the search for a body that may not even exist," she told the rbb.

Haftbefehl gegen Schwager von Rebecca aufgehoben

Still thinking about how she worded that. She cannot reveal, of course, what FR told her. But she can't lie either. That means, if he confessed to her that he killed Rebecca, she cannot publicly say that he didn't do it. She said "a body that may not even exist". So what did he tell her?

At the very least I think we can deduct from her careful choice of words that the evidence does not necessarily indicate that Rebecca is dead. jmo

Correct nobody saw her in the house but police say BIL is lying about that.

Nobody reported seeing her at the bus stop that morning.
I wonder what other evidence the LE has that the BIL is lying about not seeing her that morning. Maybe he is telling the truth. How does LE KNOW or insist that she didn't leave the home alive. Just because no one has heard from her or seen her since? That isn't very strong proof IMP.

How does LE KNOW or insist that she didn't leave the home alive. Just because no one has heard from her or seen her since? That isn't very strong proof IMP.

Ha I think everyone would like to know the answer to that question. I always assumed they must have found evidence in the house of a struggle or blood that was cleaned, etc, something like that. But hearing what the lawyer said yesterday I don't think they have anything definite at all.

I remember reading that LE said that her phone being switched off since about 8 am that morning and was never switched back on, her social media accounts not accessed etc, is a strong indication that she's not alive. Because that would be not typical behaviour of her.

I definitely understand that the family does not believe she is dead!

Ha I think everyone would like to know the answer to that question. I always assumed they must have found evidence in the house of a struggle or blood that was cleaned, etc, something like that. But hearing what the lawyer said yesterday I don't think they have anything definite at all.

I remember reading that LE said that her phone being switched off since about 8 am that morning and was never switched back on, her social media accounts not accessed etc, is a strong indication that she's not alive. Because that would be not typical behaviour of her.

I definitely understand that the family does not believe she is dead!
If she was supported in her desire to get away from her school (reported argument etc.) she may have found it easy to stop all the communication and not turn on her phone. People certainly have walked away from their lives successfully before.
If no one saw her early that morning, how can they be so sure of what she was wearing? Is it what she had on the night before? Most beautiful teen age girls don't sleep in their clothes and get up and leave the house without doing their make-up and hair. When could she have done this without any one hearing her? Doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
I highly doubt they looked into the burner phone theory. In my opinion, if she walked away from her life, foul play happened soon after, I don’t believe she would let her BIL (especially since they were known to be very close) sit in jail, accused of her murder while her family cries at the media, and she is living a new and adult life somewhere else.

The fact that fibers from her coat, the blanket, and her hair in the trunk really lead me to believe what the investigators do. So much circumstancial evidence, but nothing solid enough.

I do wonder about the what's app message at 8.42, being recieved,so to me, it indicates that her phone was wifi connected.
In all of MSM, the time line is clear that her phone was connected at Wlan from her sister's house, between 6.00 till 8.00 (AM)
Could be that I am reading too much into this..

Also wonder if the router at her parents house was read by LE. Somewhere, in the beginning of the investigation, msm reported a house search at both residents (parents and sisters house)

I do wonder about the what's app message at 8.42, being recieved,so to me, it indicates that her phone was wifi connected.

It was sent at 8.42, we don't know when it was received. It was at one point theorized that it was received when police got the second SIM card from the parents. It might have never arrived on Rebecca's phone if her phone was switched off before 8.42.

I wonder if she just meant to skip school for a day or so on an emotional impulse and then found that the response and reactions from family and community were so strong and unanticipated and unexpected on her part that she is now to scared/embarrassed to back just now. Her entire family has been deeply touched by this. MOO

It was sent at 8.42, we don't know when it was received. It was at one point theorized that it was received when police got the second SIM card from the parents. It might have never arrived on Rebecca's phone if her phone was switched off before 8.42.
Um 8.42 Uhr schickt Rebeccas Mutter ihrer jüngsten Tochter eine WhatsApp-Nachricht: „Hallo meine Süße, ich hoffe, du bist pünktlich zur Schule gekommen. Ich konnte dich gar nicht erreichen.“ Sie kommt auf dem Handy an, wird aber nicht gelesen.:confused:
To my knowledge this was not about the what's app message from Febr. 18 that her mother sended, but about Febr. 19,that LE got the second simcard and in order to that the WA was received and read
Der Fall Rebecca: Chronologie eines spurlosen Verschwindens

I wonder if she just meant to skip school for a day or so on an emotional impulse and then found that the response and reactions from family and community were so strong and unanticipated and unexpected on her part that she is now to scared/embarrassed to back just now. Her entire family has been deeply touched by this. MOO

Wasn't it a few days before anything was really done?

Do we know when was the last time she was actually seen?

The sister didn't check on her before she left work, bil says she was already gone when he got up after a couple of hours sleep.

No one has actually said everything was fine at dinner last night, nothing unusual in her behaviour.
Nothing about the night before unless I have missed that.

Hello, i am new here at websleuths. I am from germany and i am following the Rebecca case.
isn't it possible, that Rebecca changed the sim card in the phone, so her usual number ist offline? the phone is missing, cant be traced because the police waited too long and the data is already gone. This could be an explanation for the switched off number? Theoretically you must show id while buying a sim card, but it is possible to buy it without.
I dont believe BIL is responsible for the disappearance of Rebecca. Its too odd. In my opinion, Rebecca left voluntarily, meeting with this guy from the internet. I had the opinion, that she is afraid of coming back, because everything got so big. But i don 't think, she would stay away this long voluntarily so she probably is held against her will or dead but not by BIL imo.
the laywers statement summarizes the case well, everything just seems to be assumed by the police, with no hard evidence that a crime took place. I think, the police found out BIL is lying about his doing in the morning and this lead to him being the suspect.
this case is so strange and the handling by police and Media ist so unusual in germany.....
Please forgive the bad english, i will get better :)

Hello, i am new here at websleuths. I am from germany and i am following the Rebecca case.
isn't it possible, that Rebecca changed the sim card in the phone, so her usual number ist offline? the phone is missing, cant be traced because the police waited too long and the data is already gone. This could be an explanation for the switched off number? Theoretically you must show id while buying a sim card, but it is possible to buy it without.
I dont believe BIL is responsible for the disappearance of Rebecca. Its too odd. In my opinion, Rebecca left voluntarily, meeting with this guy from the internet. I had the opinion, that she is afraid of coming back, because everything got so big. But i don 't think, she would stay away this long voluntarily so she probably is held against her will or dead but not by BIL imo.
the laywers statement summarizes the case well, everything just seems to be assumed by the police, with no hard evidence that a crime took place. I think, the police found out BIL is lying about his doing in the morning and this lead to him being the suspect.
this case is so strange and the handling by police and Media ist so unusual in germany.....
Welcome to Websleuths. I share your way of looking at this case. I feel that her difficulties in school with friends and wanting to switch schools and the reporting of her being a little strange on Sunday afternoon may indicate that she may have been looking for a change in her life. I am sorry I cannot provide a link for the report of her seeming strange the afternoon before but I went back and cannot find it.
I am the mother of three young men and I am finding out now how little I did know of what they were up to then. And I thought I was on top of everything in their lives as teens.

~~~~ Welcome to Websleuths == Liliedhe ~~~~

Very interesting about the Sim card. Could that be possible? That, or a burner phone?

Welcome to Websleuths. I share your way of looking at this case. I feel that her difficulties in school with friends and wanting to switch schools and the reporting of her being a little strange on Sunday afternoon may indicate that she may have been looking for a change in her life. I am sorry I cannot provide a link for the report of her seeming strange the afternoon before but I went back and cannot find it.
I am the mother of three young men and I am finding out now how little I did know of what they were up to then. And I thought I was on top of everything in their lives as teens.

RSBM
Aktualisiert: 25.02.19 20:41
Rebecca (15) missing - According to girlfriend on the day of her disappearance "something funny"

-snip-

Rebecca (15) from Berlin: That's what her friends say:
20:39: The image (plus content) has spoken with several friends of Rebecca. "Rebecca is not a person who would simply run away. She was just a bit weird on Sunday, February 17th. She was not on social networking that day, where she's otherwise very active, so I asked her where she was. She later said that she was with her sister, "one is quoted. Another says she sees "no real reason to leave. Rebecca is not that kind of person. "

-snip- BBM RSBM
Police Berlin Twitter:
Polizei Berlin on Twitter

From WW's link:

"Rebecca is not a person who would simply run away. She was just a bit weird on Sunday, February 17th. She was not on social networking that day, where she's otherwise very active, so I asked her where she was. She later said that she was with her sister, "one is quoted. Another says she sees "no real reason to leave. Rebecca is not that kind of person."

Slight OT: The things we learn about our teens once 'grown up', have added to my gray hair accumulation :)

Is a new tip now leading to Oberhavel? According to lr-online.de, a friend of the missing persons is said to have called for a search in Henningsdorf. At 15.30 o'clock the search action should start. The young man (18) claims that new evidence is the reason for the search. Rebecca's sister Vivien is said to have received her. The police are said to have heard nothing of the clues so far, as a spokesman lr-online says.
Rebecca Reusch (15) vermisst: Mysteriöser Hinweis eingegangen

There is more info on MSM about the upcoming search:

"Justin, at 18-year-old acquaintance of the girl, who claims to be from school and to be a friend of her, has called on the internet volunteer to assist him in the search in Hennigsdorf. Rebecca's sister Vivien has received new clues that are related to the place Hennigsdorf. The young man did not want to reveal more about the news portal lr-online.de. Vivien so shared the call via Instagram."

At the request of the RBB, you did not want to comment on the planned search. The investigators recently concentrated in the area around Lake Wolziger - about 60 kilometers from Hennigsdorf.

The volunteers of the search operation meet on Sunday at 2 pm at the Sparkasse in the Gropius Passage in Neukölln, after which they drive together to Hennigsdorf.

lRebecca Reusch vermisst: Nach mysteriösem Hinweis neue Suche am Sonntag in Hennigsdorf | Welt
Hennigsdorf is about 21 km from Berlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member