GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to add that this is another question as to why nothing was found on his computer. It's standard to make that known to the public.
He was either clever (hiding another phone/laptop) or did he actually try to push down his compulsions at some point?

This is a question I asked my net savvy son(imagine his face when I asked if it would be possible to view child *advertiser censored* without showing a trace on your device!),apparently if you use a vpn you can view whatever you want,and as long as you are not downloading to your hard drive it won't show up if you delete your history,or there is a specific browser that lets you view the "dark web" easily so he tells me(he reassured me he hasn't been on it to watch anything awful,buy drugs,prostitutes,a gun or a hitman:rolleyes:o_O) but did tell me he would show me how if I wanted to learn!!

So in theory AC could've been feeding his fantasies quite easily and we would never know:(

It’s not rare. I know of 6 real people within my small city and only 2 were in court.

I agree. It's been swept under the carpet, people have turned a blind eye, or not considered it a crime. Children's rights is a recent phenomenon. Op Yewtree has blown it wide open.

Number of paedophiles in Britain will shock public, warns Deputy Children's Commissioner for England

'Child sex abuse is so rife in Britain that there is not enough land in the country to build the number of prisons needed to house the perpetrators, the Deputy Children’s Commissioner for England has warned.'

This is a question I asked my net savvy son(imagine his face when I asked if it would be possible to view child *advertiser censored* without showing a trace on your device!),apparently if you use a vpn you can view whatever you want,and as long as you are not downloading to your hard drive it won't show up if you delete your history,or there is a specific browser that lets you view the "dark web" easily so he tells me(he reassured me he hasn't been on it to watch anything awful,buy drugs,prostitutes,a gun or a hitman:rolleyes:o_O) but did tell me he would show me how if I wanted to learn!!

So in theory AC could've been feeding his fantasies quite easily and we would never know:(
Great post xo

Forgot to add that this is another question as to why nothing was found on his computer. It's standard to make that known to the public.
He was either clever (hiding another phone/laptop) or did he actually try to push down his compulsions at some point?

I was wondering about this too. Maybe he was just good at not leaving an online trace or maybe he did actually try to push down his compulsions like you said, just like he probably did when being with his girlfriend and trying to act like a typical boyfriend. He also said if he was a year younger he wouldn't have done it, so maybe the compulsion kept growing stronger and he couldn't contain it anymore.

Yeah, you can use Tor to go on the dark web which can keep you fairly anonymous, although realistically cyber police should still be able to find traces of that on your device. I suppose they aren't used to dealing with this sort of thing though so they might not be very clued up. However, he didn't seem to care much about hiding his search for "How do police collect DNA?" so that's strange.

I was wondering about this too. Maybe he was just good at not leaving an online trace or maybe he did actually try to push down his compulsions like you said, just like he probably did when being with his girlfriend and trying to act like a typical boyfriend. He also said if he was a year younger he wouldn't have done it, so maybe the compulsion kept growing stronger and he couldn't contain it anymore.

Yeah, you can use Tor to go on the dark web which can keep you fairly anonymous, although realistically cyber police should still be able to find traces of that on your device. I suppose they aren't used to dealing with this sort of thing though so they might not be very clued up. However, he didn't seem to care much about hiding his search for "How do police collect DNA?" so that's strange.

Yeah that's what he said,but he said that they can find traces of TOR or just any vpn but that's it,they know you have used them but they have no way of knowing what you used them for!

I think the DNA search thing was just him amusing himself to be fair,Maybe he thought his mum might check his history and he was just playing with her?,sounds like the kind if thing that would give him a kick IMO

Yeah that's what he said,but he said that they can find traces of TOR or just any vpn but that's it,they know you have used them but they have no way of knowing what you used them for!

I think the DNA search thing was just him amusing himself to be fair,Maybe he thought his mum might check his history and he was just playing with her?,sounds like the kind if thing that would give him a kick IMO

Yeah. It's quite creepy isn't it? The FBI actually use Tor too I believe, I know that isn't relevant here since we're in the UK but I found it quite interesting. I'm pretty sure they monitor things on there and have caught people out on it. Silk Road (the online black market) was shut down by them. It's crazy to think of all the awful things that are online just below the surface.

Yes, probably. It does sound like something he would do.

Yes, I think he was playing along too even in the way in which he answered her
"Oh that's a worry" IMO
Look at the reply to TM as well when she said A was missing.

Good points. Thanks for that. Police must be able to check computers for everything though maybe it takes time?

The difference nowadays is the internet - easily accessing all types of *advertiser censored* and linking up with others.

I wonder if the internet has fuelled it spreading as well. I guess before they could only meet secretly to swap material or whatever but now it's so accessible if you want to find it, they probably think it's normal on some level. And if someone was curious/had thoughts so looked they might end up getting drawn in.

Worrying that Facebook and Instagram pictures can be doctored or help them select vulnerable kids. Makes me think about shutting my accounts.

No offence but the cyber "expert" in the trial was a bit... underwhelming. I felt like he really wasn't very knowledgable about what he was speaking about. Especially in regards to Instagram, so it wouldn't surprise me if he missed some things.

I also think he repressed these compulsions and that's why it came out in such a violent, brutal way.

Yeah. It's quite creepy isn't it? The FBI actually use Tor too I believe, I know that isn't relevant here since we're in the UK but I found it quite interesting. I'm pretty sure they monitor things on there and have caught people out on it. Silk Road (the online black market) was shut down by them. It's crazy to think of all the awful things that are online just below the surface.

Yes, probably. It does sound like something he would do.

Ironically a branch of the US government created the deep web (dark web etc.) They then released it to the general public. Personally I think that was a huge mistake, which has made it much easier for paedophiles to stay anonymous.

What is the dark web and is it a threat?

Ironically a branch of the US government created the deep web (dark web etc.) They then released it to the general public. Personally I think that was a huge mistake, which has made it much easier for paedophiles to stay anonymous.

Yeah I remember reading about that. That was quite stupid of them, it's definitely helped criminals, especially paedophiles.

"It's very, very difficult for the police to penetrate, so it's risk-free crime."
Chilling. It sounds like it's not impossible to police however if AC was devious enough to do this I don't think it's a priority in this case to determine.

Appears AC was quite “lucky” on a few fronts - ie. lack of Alesha’s DNA in his house and lack of his DNA in hers (not including the handprint) and also the fibres as discussed above.

If it weren’t for the CCTV footage who knows what the outcome could have been.

He had tried to contact RM and TM on the night Alesha was murdered, so he would most likely have been made a suspect anyway.

"It's very, very difficult for the police to penetrate, so it's risk-free crime."
Chilling. It sounds like it's not impossible to police however if AC was devious enough to do this I don't think it's a priority in this case to determine.

He seemed pretty knowledgeable on computers too so I wouldn’t put it past him . That kind of sexual violence doesn’t come from nowhere, would they check his history for the 12 months before the murder tho? I’m not sure how far they’d go back. It’s weird how nothing at all was mentioned about any *advertiser censored* he watched tho. Surely he was watching it coz most 16 year old boys would be watching *advertiser censored* at that kind of age I’d guess so that makes me think the media didn’t report it to us?

There are ways of tracing people through there but the process is lengthy and takes a computer genius to do.

There is a documentary somewhere based on the below link. From what I remember the only reason they were allowed to keep the forum open and share abuse images (to help catch paedophiles) was because it was done via Australia who have different rules.

Australian police sting brings down paedophile forum on dark web

There are ways of tracing people through there but the process is lengthy and takes a computer genius to do.

There is a documentary somewhere based on the below link. From what I remember the only reason they were allowed to keep the forum open and share abuse images (to help catch paedophiles) was because it was done via Australia who have different rules.

Australian police sting brings down paedophile forum on dark web
I'm all for 'stings' like this - well done to all the police/civilians who carry out an incredible difficult job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member