Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t see any definitive proof that it was him. There may be a 90% certainty, but I don’t think people should be sent to jail when we don’t know for certain that they did it.

The public have only seen a miniscule amount of what evidence is available to police. They won't be taking chances in their pursuit of a prosecution, so don't worry about that.

I honestly don’t see any definitive proof that it was him. There may be a 90% certainty, but I don’t think people should be sent to jail when we don’t know for certain that they did it.
But if there was 90% proof then that may well pass the threshold of beyond reasonable doubt . These type of offences rarely have witnesses .

There isn't any proof that we know of so far, that's why he hasn't been charged with anything to do with Libby so far.

BBC Radio Humberside (@RadioHumberside) tweeted at 9:15 am on Sun, Mar 24, 2019:
Prayers will be said in churches in Hull today for Libby Squire - the Hull University student whose body was found in the Humber on Wednesday afternoon. Libby was reported missing more than a month ago after a night out. BBC Radio Humberside on Twitter
(BBC Radio Humberside on Twitter)

How about we give the police the respect they deserve and not get into this 'there's no proof' conversation?
I don't think it's about having respect for the police, it's just that if they had "proof" of pr being responsible for Libby related they probably would be able to charge him. So surely it's safe to say that so far they haven't found any "proof"?

Nobody would ever go to jail if we were demanding absolute certainty. The bar is beyond reasonable doubt.

In this case LE have the luxury of knowing he is currently on remand awaiting trail for unrelated crimes. They don't need to rush into a charge to keep him.

Therefore they have time to go through lots of evidence. They have time to build a fuller picture.

They have allocated 10 days for his trail for voyeurism, burglary and outraging public decency. The judge has asked for facilities to show CCTV footage and suggested there will be lots of witnesses. So if there is that much for those charges there is probably a lot more to go through in the Libby case.

They took lots of stuff from his house and hinted at hours of CCTV footage to go through.

I don't think it's about having respect for the police, it's just that if they had "proof" of pr being responsible for Libby related they probably would be able to charge him. So surely it's safe to say that so far they haven't found any "proof"?
We don't don't know what they have. We do know they are in a position to take more time because he's safely locked on remand for unrelated crimes. Why would they rush into charges and trials if they knew they had time to delve more deeply into the Libby case?

So I don't agree they have no proof.

We don't don't know what they have. We do know they are in a position to take more time because he's safely locked on remand for unrelated crimes. Why would they rush into charges and trials if they knew they had time to delve more deeply into the Libby case?

So I don't agree they have no proof.
Yeah they might have some proof. But we don't know they do so either way it's just a guess. Everyone can have their own opinions on anything, there is no right or wrong answer on this.

Yeah they might have some proof. But we don't know they do so either way it's just a guess. Everyone can have their own opinions on anything, there is no right or wrong answer on this.
He's as good as admitted via his sister that she was in his car. She's not at home safely and her body had been found. He's going to court on sexually deviant charges. The probability of any other scenario is low given what we know. So I'm with the police on this one. They will certainly have had enough to arrest him.

I find the fact that a group of people can lock you in a cage for decades without even having the certainty you committed a crime absolutely chilling. It’s no wonder we’re hearing more and more often of wrongful convictions. Forensic “science” is loaded to the brim with pseudoscientific, untested claims. Much of it isn’t even science.

To me, it’s terrifying that a person, even you or I, could find themselves at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and be sentenced to life in prison solely because of shoddy forensics and a blood-thirsty jury. I don’t think beyond reasonable doubt is good enough. Not the least because the average person isn’t all that reasonable. I’d rather see ten guilty men walk free than an innocent one be locked up.

I can only hope the police have much more evidence against him. If not, and he gets locked up based on what I’ve read in Libby’s threads so far, then I’m scared to go outside.

I find the fact that a group of people can lock you in a cage for decades without even having the certainty you committed a crime absolutely chilling. It’s no wonder we’re hearing more and more often of wrongful convictions. Forensic “science” is loaded to the brim with pseudoscientific, untested claims. Much of it isn’t even science.

To me, it’s terrifying that a person, even you or I, could find themselves at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and be sentenced to life in prison solely because of shoddy forensics and a blood-thirsty jury. I don’t think beyond reasonable doubt is good enough. Not the least because the average person isn’t all that reasonable. I’d rather see ten guilty men walk free than an innocent one be locked up.

I can only hope the police have much more evidence against him. If not, and he gets locked up based on what I’ve read in Libby’s threads so far, then I’m scared to go outside.

You should contact your local MP with these concerns

Meanwhile CPS operates according to the long standing criminal framework of UK law

Prosecution will only be brought if there is a reasonable chance of success

There may well be factors that point to him, but the police have to have enough proof to stand up to the CPS and weigh against a defence team. Many cases have failed in court, not because you know they were innocent but because there was just not enough incontrovertible evidence for a jury to decide they were guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

I see the above points.

Clearly miscarriages of justice still happen despite the preventative measures outlined above. Let’s hope there is more evidence

Honestly I do not understand the view of PR’s prior charges as indicators of guilt for other crimes. One he has not yet been found guilty and two, it seems to be a circular argument with statements ‘proving’ each other.

He was charged with the prior sexual offences following arrest for abduction. So possibly suspected of these offences because he was a suspect for a the serious crime of abduction. So we surely cannot reason that he is a strong suspect for abduction because of the prior charges? Not to mention that he was identified in MSM..

I’m praying that a logician can help with that one

On the spidercam footage, ITV said the car was parked there for approximately 20 minutes so I assume that to mean from between 11.45-11.52pm.

I'm a bit confused by your timings here, where has the 7 minutes come from?

The ITV reporter said the car was there about 20 minutes, so must be approx 11:49 - 12:09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie