Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t got to reply to @Skigh before the last thread closed. You are right. I did confuse the two that were being referenced. Sorry about that.

Would a transplant from a different country (he had been there 5 years?) know that CCTV is everywhere? As an American I can say I wouldn’t have a clue as it’s not the norm here. I’m “ASSumming” this is just public knowledge, though?

I am not sure how aware PR would be of CCTV.
How aware he was of forensic evidence is questionable as he left samples that have been traced to him.
I am far more aware of forensic evidence since I have been a member of web sleuths!!

I didn’t got to reply to @Skigh before the last thread closed. You are right. I did confuse the two that were being referenced. Sorry about that.

Would a transplant from a different country (he had been there 5 years?) know that CCTV is everywhere? As an American I can say I wouldn’t have a clue as it’s not the norm here. I’m “ASSumming” this is just public knowledge, though?

It's not really something that most people think about (unless they're a crime victim) and I'm sure it's the same in cities all over the world. But it's definitely harder to go missing here, and easier to be tracked.

Of course we (on this forum) might skew the "public knowledge" results a bit, since we're all more than aware of it!

I had a go at my own sketchmap for those not familiar with the area. It is not a masterpiece of cartography but it might help someone who is unfamiliar. Don't bother to castigate me, I failed CSE art in 1971 and I know my limitations...

Attachments

• 20190324_233137.jpg
    20190324_233137.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 142
May we all stay safe and be grateful for our own and our loved one's lives.
I had a go at my own sketchmap for those not familiar with the area. It is not a masterpiece of cartography but it might help someone who is unfamiliar. Don't bother to castigate me, I failed CSE art in 1971 and I know my limitations...
This is great, thank you very much for this contribution. @Woollybear

I also had a look at the River Hull on Google street view from Sutton Road bridge. One view is looking upstream towards the Oaks Playing Fields, one looking downstream towards (eventually) the Humber. Go figure, as they say across the pond.

Attachments

• downstream.jpg
    downstream.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 88
  • upstream.jpg
    upstream.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 86
I am not sure how aware PR would be of CCTV.
How aware he was of forensic evidence is questionable as he left samples that have been traced to him.
I am far more aware of forensic evidence since I have been a member of web sleuths!!

That’s why I think he gave not even a thought about it. He had his criminal intent in mind and that was his focus (JMO of course)

It's not really something that most people think about unless they're a crime victim) and I'm sure it's the same in cities all over the world. But it's definitely harder to go missing here, and easier to be tracked.

Of course we (on this forum) might skew the "public knowledge" results a bit, since we're all more than aware of it!

Very true!

I will say I am so impressed with this system. I do know our bigger major cities do have them. For example Boston where two woman were kidnapped just this year and if not for the CCTV footage they would have had a harder time, if at all, finding them.

In the city where I live, a pretty small beach town in Florida? And many more like us. Nothing of the sort. Except at businesses or schools.

That’s why I think he gave not even a thought about it. He had his criminal intent in mind and that was his focus (JMO of course)

Very true!

I will say I am so impressed with this system. I do know our bigger major cities do have them. For example Boston where two woman were kidnapped just this year and if not for the CCTV footage they would have had a harder time, if at all, finding them.

In the city where I live, a pretty small beach town in Florida? And many more like us. Nothing of the sort. Except at businesses or schools.

I live in a small town / big village too, and aside from one overlooking the town centre there is no other council run CCTV. Maybe 1 in 20 shops has a camera (though they often just cover their own doorway, or are inside) and maybe 1 in 200 houses, mainly the posh ones with swanky cars. A neighbour's just had a super hi-tech system installed which covers part of our lane, so we're all quite pleased that she has spent nearly £1000 on it and we don't need to!!

I have always thought that LS had been staggering and falling trying to cross Beverley Road and GB stopped to check that she was ok as he was driving along and even helped her to the bench. It was a very cold and icy night and I own the same Vans she was wearing and I would struggle to walk in icy conditions in them sober. I hadn’t appreciated how busy Beverley Road is until I saw some of the videos posted on here and can imagine it would be hard to cross in those conditions very drunk even at the crossing. She was already falling, because the male students on Wellesley Avenue had seen her fall previously after getting out of the taxi. I did also read in the early days that the interaction with GB happened on the Beresford Road side of Beverley Road, so maybe the bench was the safest place to take her and then she said she was ok.

I do think spidercam was LS and PR and I do think that he took her to Oak Road Playing Fields, only because of all the LE activity we have seen has been around there and also the only CCTV LE have shown is also around there. The rest I don’t know. I am sure though PR is involved.

I live in a small town / big village too, and aside from one overlooking the town centre there is no other council run CCTV. Maybe 1 in 20 shops has a camera (though they often just cover their own doorway, or are inside) and maybe 1 in 200 houses, mainly the posh ones with swanky cars. A neighbour's just had a super hi-tech system installed which covers part of our lane, so we're all quite pleased that she has spent nearly £1000 on it and we don't need to!!

Haha love it!

And ok, that makes better sense now to me. Hull is considered a bigger city then, yes? I guess so considering it does have a Unisersity.

I have always thought that LS had been staggering and falling trying to cross Beverley Road and GB stopped to check that she was ok as he was driving along and even helped her to the bench. It was a very cold and icy night and I own the same Vans she was wearing and I would struggle to walk in icy conditions in them sober. I hadn’t appreciated how busy Beverley Road is until I saw some of the videos posted on here and can imagine it would be hard to cross in those conditions very drunk even at the crossing. She was already falling, because the male students on Wellesley Avenue had seen her fall previously after getting out of the taxi. I did also read in the early days that the interaction with GB happened on the Beresford Road side of Beverley Road, so maybe the bench was the safest place to take her and then she said she was ok.

I do think spidercam was LS and PR and I do think that he took her to Oak Road Playing Fields, only because of all the LE activity we have seen has been around there and also the only CCTV LE have shown is also around there. The rest I don’t know. I am sure though PR is involved.

You have written exactly, to a T, what I have played in my mind as well from the time they released the spider cam. I also have the same Vans. They have pretty decent traction as they are marketed as skate shoes, but for dry earth that is. Not icy pavement.

Thanks @Audiohoney.

I'd like to add that the map has recently been updated to include markers for locations such as North Ferriby, Paull and Spurn Point. The map also includes known locations of PR's alleged unrelated crimes (as stated in MSM) plus, very sadly, the location where Libby was found (as seen in the lifeboat tracking footage shown in MSM).

Thank you for all your efforts with the map Sera, it has provided a great deal of help to me :)

Further media appeal re the Croda CCTV footage

The key CCTV footage which could hold clues to Libby's homicide

Out of the gloom in the early hours of a bitterly cold morning, a man is seen running before dropping to a fast walk.

Later a cyclist can be seen riding along and then retuning the same way some 10 minutes later. An hour later two people can be seen ambling past.

Who are these people and what were they doing cutting through a lonely north Hull path on a freezing night as snow and ice lay on the ground?

I find it hard to believe Libby was kicking off at all. She hadn't been like that earlier and I don't think people stop for kicking off drunks.

However she was stumbling earlier, as witnessed by the taxi driver (who'd already helped her up) and two students near her house. The cold might also have been affecting her reflexes and it was icy.

So I think it far more likely that she either fell and hurt herself or couldn't get up or was falling over, stumbling and struggling to walk. That would be a very good reason to help her to a bench where she could sit. Safe away from traffic and not falling but but creeps.

We don't know what she said to grey Beard to reassure him but I still wonder whether she was expecting the bus from the Welly to be running that night and she'd said friends would be along soon.

Given that her friends were looking for her by 1.12 is it possible they'd already agreed something if they weren't contacted by phone? They'd expect a call by 11.30 ish to say she was home. Start calling her by 11.45.. Keep calling for a bit. Go home and panic. Maybe that was the meet? Normally well lit and safe? Just a thought and not a particularly good one

Further media appeal re the Croda CCTV footage

The key CCTV footage which could hold clues to Libby's homicide

Out of the gloom in the early hours of a bitterly cold morning, a man is seen running before dropping to a fast walk.

Later a cyclist can be seen riding along and then retuning the same way some 10 minutes later. An hour later two people can be seen ambling past.

Who are these people and what were they doing cutting through a lonely north Hull path on a freezing night as snow and ice lay on the ground?
Is this the fourth request the police have made for these 4 people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member