CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's going to be extremely unfortunate that we won't have the visuals for the defense experts, audio is better than nothing, however, how do you "hear" what they are showing on the screens? lol

Also from your above post... I agree ;)

Transcripts would be good, but since there are already hundreds of exhibits, and probably lots more to come, without the exhibits sometimes it's pretty hard to understand.

Maybe we will get lucky and L&C will go back for the last few weeks once they quit taking a week off ... every week lol
Awww Missy. It's awful. And so uncalled for in this day and age. Whoda thunk it?

That is certainly the case, Frankie, because we are in the trial discussion forum/threads now discussing the trial evidence entered by both sides.

Imo that is totally different than following the case very closely, day by day... for many years even before the bodies were found or before the suspect was even known or way before the trial

That's all I was saying.

Imo
But my original point was if you didn’t have this extracurricular (so to speak) knowledge, would you be able to connect the dots with what the prosecution has presented? That I wish their presentation was better organized. Heck, even their witnesses seem unprepared half the time. Between that and it being a completely circumstantial case, I just don’t know if the jurors will completely understand the strength of the evidence against him.

That was my original musing. Then you said you don’t partake in any blogs or forums and I said, “Yes you do. You’re here.”

Being here, or anywhere on the internet, allows us insight and knowledge that make it easier to see CM as guilty in this case. The jurors don’t have that (nor should they) and that makes the case, as it stands now, not so slam dunk. IMO.

What is frustrating is the video coverage of the of the trial. Most of the OS and PT testimony was accessible. The video and, in some cases audio, ceased shortly thereafter. Even the audio capture was nearly indecipherable. The expert witness presentations were, for the most part, visual. The QB experts used displays, as did the cellphone experts and the vehicle experts used diagrams and video. Even though Tortoise and Missy have done an excellent job of describing what was presented nothing compares to seeing evidence and witnesses yourself. Most exhibits and displays I have had to discover through research. Not everyone is interested in doing that. If you had a large family picture, that included 2 or 3 generations, and the photographer sent you a print with half a dozen missing faces and/or family members would you be satisfied with the result? That is the how I feel regarding the PT and DT presentations thus far. I am hard of hearing and a stickler for evidence, therefore I'm exceptionally unhappy about the lack of adequate visual coverage. That may not bother others at all. jmo

Hear, hear.
I am so perturbed about the cancellation of the coverage I could just cry. I feel that L&C knew it was going to be a long trial when they started. If they were going to provide spotty coverage, they should have said it from the beginning. I might not have chosen to get wrapped up the case. For them to get people wrapped up in it and then to pull out is, IMO, unforgivable. Audio coverage is nowhere near doable when you have visual exhibits you need to see. I wanted to organize a subreddit on the case, but I can’t do it with bits and pieces of the evidence. I started writing about every single day and whammo, they decided to pull their camera out. Grrrrr. It’s like they only own 2 camera setups or something.

Awww Missy. It's awful. And so uncalled for in this day and age. Whoda thunk it?

I think we are in a bit of a bubble though... we here really care... there are others that follow, I can tell by the views on the youtubes and the comments. BUT, for the most part, even the local news media doesn't report on the case regularly and when they did, I don't even think they were there, they were watching the L&C video's like us.

It really is a shame. How hard is it to find someone in the area to go in and record it even? Even if it wasn't live streamed and uploaded later.

That I wish their presentation was better organized. Heck, even their witnesses seem unprepared half the time.
snipped by me...

Right, and even their OS was a bit scattered. Everyone seems to forget how unprepared their witnesses were, and just how much was refuted in cross examination of some of their major witnesses... for example... Dr. C, the forensic pathologist - McGee had her go through blow by blow which one's she would have expected to see a laceration, thus causing blood, significant blood, pooling of blood. No blood is an issue IMO I don't know if you were here, but when the prosecution said they were resting, I recall a lot of WTH posts because... well, there just isn't enough right now. I know it's not over and we can't get into the heads of the jurors, so we will see how it proceeds!

I think we are in a bit of a bubble though... we here really care... there are others that follow, I can tell by the views on the youtubes and the comments. BUT, for the most part, even the local news media doesn't report on the case regularly and when they did, I don't even think they were there, they were watching the L&C video's like us.

It really is a shame. How hard is it to find someone in the area to go in and record it even? Even if it wasn't live streamed and uploaded later.
I am trying to figure out why. Is it because they appeared to be this hippy kinda California family? I am on the East Coast. Have no memory of how I started following but once I did I was hooked. Mostly because of those sweet little tooties. Their dark eyes and chiclet teeth. And the thought of them meeting up with something sinister. I will never understand the present lack of interest on the West Coast. Has it just been too long? Have we as a society become hardened to these crimes?

I cant speak for MrJitty, but I am one who never was involved in any blogs, discussion boards, rumors or premature speculations.

So I have strictly gone by the evidence from the trial itself, and I do believe the state has presented evidence to prove their case, BARD, that CM is guilty as charged. Jmo tho.

However, the only deferment or down side, I can see that may cloud someone's judgement is if they had prematurely selected who they believed was the suspect, and it turned out not to be the one they firmly believed it to be.

What I mean is if they had followed the case for years, before the bodies were even found, or even after the discovery of their bodies, but before the actual evidence was gathered that would show only then who the actual suspect truly was.

ETA. I can see that possibly causing some type of personal confirmation bias if the suspect turned out to be someone else other than the one they thought was involved.

Jmo
BBM, If LE during their investigations for the perpetrator of this particular crime didn't do a thorough investigation to other likely/potential suspects, which in this case i believe they did, it would open up for Brady/Denny violations if CM is convicted further down the track.
But in this case i think they nailed the right perp. IMO.

I am trying to figure out why. Is it because they appeared to be this hippy kinda California family? I am on the East Coast. Have no memory of how I started following but once I did I was hooked. Mostly because of those sweet little tooties. Their dark eyes and chiclet teeth. And the thought of them meeting up with something sinister. I will never understand the present lack of interest on the West Coast. Has it just been too long? Have we as a society become hardened to these crimes?

I don't know, maybe the locals could answer that for us. I do have the impression that crime in the area is high. I also have the impression that finding bodies in the desert is more common than it should be. JMO

BBM, If LE during their investigations for the perpetrator of this particular crime didn't do a thorough investigation to other likely/potential suspects, which in this case i believe they did, it would open up for Brady/Denny violations if CM is convicted further down the track.
But in this case i think they nailed the right perp. IMO.

Brady is about the prosecution handing over exculpatory evidence to the defense. IF they didn't investigate other potential suspects, there is nothing to hand over. IF they did, it should have been handed over already.

Denny... I think that's a Wisconsin thing ... of course you and I know all about Denny :DLOL

I think in California it's called 3rd party culpability but I am not sure how that applies in this case because we are not privy to all of the investigative reports (which again... you and I know all about that lol)

All JMO

Brady is about the prosecution handing over exculpatory evidence to the defense. IF they didn't investigate other potential suspects, there is nothing to hand over. IF they did, it should have been handed over already.

Denny... I think that's a Wisconsin thing ... of course you and I know all about Denny :DLOL

I think in California it's called 3rd party culpability but I am not sure how that applies in this case because we are not privy to all of the investigative reports (which again... you and I know all about that lol)

All JMO
Yes we do :)
I think in this case though that the investigators did a fairly thorough investigation with what they had to go on.
Of course it's a shame that this case wasn't treated like a crime from the get go, and that the home cordoned off as a potential crime scene, but it is what it is, and under those circumstances again i think they got the right perp.

Yes we do :)
I think in this case though that the investigators did a fairly thorough investigation with what they had to go on.
Of course it's a shame that this case wasn't treated like a crime from the get go, and that the home cordoned off as a potential crime scene, but it is what it is, and under those circumstances again i think they got the right perp.

I wish we had all the LE reports. I have been spoiled and like to read this stuff for myself LOL

I think they are "vegetarians" and have no real meat. LOL
Agree. It must be difficult to defend the indefensible IMO. But it isn't over yet i suppose. But i'm not sure what any other witnesses could say really that would create reasonable doubt that the prosecution wouldn't be able to refute on rebuttal and remove that doubt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa