Madeleine McCann - Netflix documentary on this case

Joana Cipriani? Well it's not exactly unsolved. The mother and uncle are still in prison afaik. They've changed their stories quite a few times. I'm in the fence with that one.

I didn't pay attention to her name, but I did see the mother with black eyes. I don't believe the confessions or the local police. When Madeleine disappeared, police focused on foreigners and the parents. I'm guessing the same thing happened with the 2004 case - investigate the parents, beat them, extract a confession, case closed.

I've come across an older murder case in Portugal that's completely unrelated, but there are some interesting similarities in terms of how it was handled.

Rachel Charles went missing in Albufeira in November 1990.

Kidnap, murder and justice in the Algarve – Nick Davies

'It was a while before her mother, Carol, raised the alarm. The local uniformed police, the GNR, were not too interested and so, overnight, about 30 of the Vale Navio Brits organised their own search'

' ....the case against Mick Cook. He said he had never signed any confession, but the police had beaten him until he agreed verbally that he was guilty. Five of them had worked on him, he said, punching him, banging his head against the wall, beating the soles of his feet with sticks, jumping on his back, forcing a gun into his mouth..'

I didn't pay attention to her name, but I did see the mother with black eyes. I don't believe the confessions or the local police. When Madeleine disappeared, police focused on foreigners and the parents. I'm guessing the same thing happened with the 2004 case - investigate the parents, beat them, extract a confession, case closed.

:(Facts matter....

Leonor Cipriano sentenced to seven months imprisonment for making false statements

On Tuesday Leonor Cipriano was sentenced to seven months imprisonment for making false statements, according to TVI24.

Already serving a 16 year sentence for the homicide of her daughter Joana, who disappeared in September 2004, Leonor has now been sentenced for having wrongly accused PJ officers of assault during an interrogation.

(Original in Portuguese)
Leonor Cipriano condenada a sete meses de prisão por falsas declarações

:(Facts matter....

Leonor Cipriano sentenced to seven months imprisonment for making false statements

On Tuesday Leonor Cipriano was sentenced to seven months imprisonment for making false statements, according to TVI24.

Already serving a 16 year sentence for the homicide of her daughter Joana, who disappeared in September 2004, Leonor has now been sentenced for having wrongly accused PJ officers of assault during an interrogation.

(Original in Portuguese)
Leonor Cipriano condenada a sete meses de prisão por falsas declarações

Still, there were obviously serious problems with the investigation (from your link):

"In the same case, Gonçalo Amaral, former coordinator of the Department of Criminal Investigation of PJ de Portimão, was acquitted of the crime of omission of denunciation and sentenced to a year and a half for the crime of falsehood of testimony, with suspended sentence for the same period . Inspector António Nunes Cardoso was sentenced to two years and three months for falsification of document, with suspended sentence for two years."

Was just thinking, if you came into your child's bedroom and the window was open, wouldn't you run out to the street near the front door and down that street instead of running to the opposite side of the apartment and then even further away down to the restaurant? It seems the natural thing to me to go chasing after her, even if it seemed a futile effort, there would always be that possibility that the abducter had just left with her moments before, perhaps she could have seen Tannerman and chased him down.

Was just thinking, if you came into your child's bedroom and the window was open, wouldn't you run out to the street near the front door and down that street instead of running to the opposite side of the apartment and then even further away down to the restaurant? It seems the natural thing to me to go chasing after her, even if it seemed a futile effort, there would always be that possibility that the abducter had just left with her moments before, perhaps she could have seen Tannerman and chased him down.

Who is Tannerman?

Interesting. The child that was abducted in 2004 is unsolved - other than beating up family members to extract a confession. Two children missing so close to each other a couple of years apart points me in the direction of a predator who either lives in the area or regularly vacations in the area. It has to be someone who easily blends into the community because it does seem like someone was watching the apartment prior to the abduction of Madeleine.
The Cipriano case was solved as mother and uncle found guilty and served prison sentences.

The entire case is just a farce. Millions wasted that could of gone to other cases that really needed the cash injection.

I feel desperately sad that toddlers were left alone night after night whilst their family jollied it up and yet nothing was ever done to punish them for neglect.
Fresh eyes here...
I have not followed this case aside from knowing about it peripherally (at a high level) from snippets of news reports over the years. I haven't paid attention to the various developments, or the details.

I just read a description of the resort and where the McCann's villa/apartment was in proximity to the pool, public street, and tapas restaurant. I'm sure the decision to leave three toddlers alone in a room "and check on them frequently" haunts them endlessly. Their apartment, (if I understand correctly), was adjacent to the public street, and right by the pool. The path from the tapas restaurant and the McCann's room may have been 180 ft, but the path from point to point was circuitous. If only they had hired a nanny... : (

As with most child abductions, statistically, Madeline was deceased within 24 hours. The Perp (and I *do* believe the description of the man carrying her), could have been someone loosely attached to the resort....a delivery man, a window washer, it could be anyone. Clearly, he was stalking, and observing closely.

The only suggestion I have is the idea that a pedophile like the one that abducted Madeleine will strike again (most likely already has...more than once). Perhaps he didn't murder in subsequent attacks, but he has attacked.
This is where police must focus. They have a rapid dog on the loose.

I think Madeline's little soul passed over the night she was taken, and it will only be a fluke if any of her remains are recovered.
In my amateur opinion, all the rest is just noise and selling media ads.

As always, amateur opinion and speculation

Fresh eyes here...
I have not followed this case aside from knowing about it peripherally (at a high level) from snippets of news reports over the years. I haven't paid attention to the various developments, or the details.

I just read a description of the resort and where the McCann's villa/apartment was in proximity to the pool, public street, and tapas restaurant. I'm sure the decision to leave three toddlers alone in a room "and check on them frequently" haunts them endlessly. Their apartment, (if I understand correctly), was adjacent to the public street, and right by the pool. The path from the tapas restaurant and the McCann's room may have been 180 ft, but the path from point to point was circuitous. If only they had hired a nanny... : (

As with most child abductions, statistically, Madeline was deceased within 24 hours. The Perp (and I *do* believe the description of the man carrying her), could have been someone loosely attached to the resort....a delivery man, a window washer, it could be anyone. Clearly, he was stalking, and observing closely.

The only suggestion I have is the idea that a pedophile like the one that abducted Madeleine will strike again (most likely already has...more than once). Perhaps he didn't murder in subsequent attacks, but he has attacked.
This is where police must focus. They have a rapid dog on the loose.

I think Madeline's little soul passed over the night she was taken, and it will only be a fluke if any of her remains are recovered.
In my amateur opinion, all the rest is just noise and selling media ads.

As always, amateur opinion and speculation

Didn't the Netflix program question whether the man with a child was a British man carrying his own child, which changed the timeline that Madeleine was taken?

The Cipriano case was solved as mother and uncle found guilty and served prison sentences.

If it is solved, why is the mom afraid to say how she got the facial injuries, and why were the former coordinator of the Department of Criminal Investigation of PJ de Portimão and an Inspector convicted of wrongdoing during the investigation?

The only suggestion I have is the idea that a pedophile like the one that abducted Madeleine will strike again (most likely already has...more than once).

pedophiles typically do not strike at 3 year olds - the victims are usually much older

So this sort of offending would be very unusual - yet AFAIK, no other such offending has been reported

pedophiles typically do not strike at 3 year olds - the victims are usually much older

So this sort of offending would be very unusual - yet AFAIK, no other such offending has been reported
Yeh that's a good point and that's why I think it could've been for trafficking. There's something in the sightings of suspicious looking men hanging around I think.

Yeh that's a good point and that's why I think it could've been for trafficking. There's something in the sightings of suspicious looking men hanging around I think.

I remember some parents at our kindy had trafficking fear

But when I looked into it, I couldn't find any evidence that rustling of 3 year olds is a thing - indeed the well known cases were all on snopes

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back