GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I would say Janette and Chris we’re far too easy going with both kids - j had drink issues c was away all the time she couldn’t cope
And probably lots of arguments in the house. But no one would have ever suspected that this brutality could ever happen. We've spoken here a fair bit about his mother turning the CCTV in in order to eliminate AC from the murder.
Do you think that was the only reason?
Also, do people really still leave their doors open on the island? There seems a lot of CCTV cameras.

Welcome Deano.

I'm not surprised to hear that many of these rumours about AC were untrue or exaggerated. The tabloids always do that, its like they think the murder of a child isn't bad enough, they have to add half a dozen more stories on to it to sell papers. I never believe what I read in the papers.

AC self harming is interesting though.

Self harmers have low distress tolerance, amongst other things. There is a higher likelihood they have been subject to severe childhood trauma.

I'm sorry to hear that and I appreciate it is very difficult in some circumstances. The paedophile she was 'instructed' by for was from Essex, not round the corner. Maybe he had something on her (a photo etc) and used it against her. How do we know they were in possession of all the facts? Police and social services have made countless mistakes which many times have led to future reoffending.

I don’t want to get the thread shut down for off topic discussion so I will only say that firstly a manipulative relationship doesn’t have to be a co-habiting one and secondly I’m pretty certain that with three children potentially at risk authorities would have had a very good look at this

ETA I see you have edited your comment since I started typing

<modsnipped quoted post>

One thing that just come to mind was when AC said something like 'the police always blame me for things here'. If all we have heard are rumours why does he get blamed for everything? Doesn't add up to a first time offender does it.

<modsnipped off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that just come to mind was when AC said 'the police always blame me for things from here'. If all we have heard are rumours why does he get blamed for everything? Doesn't add up to a first time offender does it.

I know. I'm supposed to be gardening.

You're right, that seems weird doesn't it?

<modsnipped>

One thing that just come to mind was when AC said something like 'the police always blame me for things here'. If all we have heard are rumours why does he get blamed for everything? Doesn't add up to a first time offender does it.

I know. I'm supposed to be gardening.
I wouldn't set too much store by AC saying that, self-pity usually comes hand in hand with narcissism.

That and no one else has said they were shocked it was him. No one has defended him, said he was always such a nice lad, bit quiet but always polite,, that sort of thing.
He was an habitual pot smoker by the age of 16, he clearly wasn't a picture perfect teen by any standards. <modsnipped- not victim friendly; against TOS>

That would negate the point I would think,given what we know of him now I am sticking to my feeling that this was just another way of manipulating the people around him

I agree it doesn't sit quite right with me. Could he really be experiencing extreme intense feelings and be the cold callous calculated individual indicated in court? He could have been doing it for attention given we know a bit more about the family situation now.

Evidence was stacked against him no one could possibly defend him

Usually though you do get some people on the other side of the fence,so along with all your "I knew he was a wrong'un what with all the cat skinning!" brigade,you usually have a couple of "He was such a polite quiet boy and I never would have thought" types too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member