Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inquest adjourned to an unspecified date pending further police inquiries. Looks like we'll be waiting some time for any proper details, and her family to finally lay her to rest. :(

Can you describe what you think you see, @Audiohoney? A bag being put in the back seat through the passenger door?

(I thought I could perhaps see an object placed in the footwell or even someone seated being "helped" out of their jacket.)

I haven’t watched it for a while. Just replayed it a few times. It’s so hard to see isn’t it. Yes I think I see a bag being put between the two front seats into the back. But I recall early on thinking it was something in the footwell. The jacket theory I could see too, but it was so cold that night, even in a very warm car I wouldn’t want my jacket off. Unless he’s taken her an extra jacket and started the conversation that way ‘you’re going to get cold sat here’ etc? Put a jacket round her and then walked her to the car. Then I see her sway, almost hesitate but a moment later plop into the seat. Unsure but not fighting or reluctant.

I wonder why they would have had Libby's fingerprints on file?

At the start of a missing persons investigation, police take samples of fingerprints/DNA (e.g from hair brushes) to assist in any formal ID further down the line to try and minimise further family distress that would occur by having to ask parents to do DNA swabs.

In her evidence, Catherine Land has said: “I have compared friction ridge finger prints and impressions of Liberty Anna Squire and have no doubt that the body is her.”

This to me sounds like they simply compared them to fingerprints taken from her room and belongings.

Without sounding too gruesome or macabre, would that suggest a level of preservation? If they were able to get fingerprints from her skin?

My first thought as I have an iPhone but @Vermont24's is a far more straightforward explanation! (The police would probably still be waiting if they'd asked Apple for help...)

Police immediately had her full room and belongings, untouched, at their disposal. That would've provided them with a wealth of information early on in the investigation.

The ID evidence was a written report, so doubtless there would have been a lot more detail.

"Catherine Land, an identification expert from West Yorkshire Police, is providing evidence under rule 23, where her written statement is being read out to the court by the coroner’s assistant."
Libby Squire inquest opens after Hull student's body found - updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members